Suppressor wait times

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’m not disagreeing, but it does bother the hell out of me that they take your $200 up front and hold your stamp hostage for 2-15 months (because who tf knows when you’ll get your approval), yet they refuse to give status updates when you are over their advertised avg wait time.
Yup. It sucks. But from my personal experience the times are half to one third what they were on my first can about a decade ago. They “system” has gotten better.…whether we like the system or not.

Bluefish

WKR
The question we should be pushing is if you already have an nfa item, why should there be any wait? You have already provided fingerprint, photo, etc. The atf knows where you are and what you own, so if you become a prohibited person, I assume they will come get your nfa item. Just like how my ccw works. You get approved and it’s good for 5 years or until revoked.

so they could 1) want the process to be so complicated no one uses it. Slowing ownership of nfa items or 2) have no method of following up on people who become prohibited persons, or 3) have no desire to actually fix the system, or 4) are incompetent and don’t even know it’s an issue, or some combination of above issues.

Jacack

WKR
certified 11/8/22
still waiting

sent multiple emails now including sate reps with no reply until today

response

Your forms are in process. We are currently waiting for a response from the FBI on your NICS check. The FBI is also working on a backlog of checks submitted to them; therefore we are unable to tell you when they will reach your check for review. Your form will be reviewed when we receive the results of your NICS check. We are unable to give any further information regarding the NICS check and/or our internal processes. Your patience and understanding is appreciated.

system is beyond screwed up.

Silencerco recall on some suppressors built this year from June 1 - Oct 9th. If you have a recent model, worth checking the number.

Certified 6/6/2023
Approved 11/13/2023
160 days
Trust with 2 responsible people

Silencer Shop purchase using on of their premier dealers in my area.

My only complaint on this one is that I purchased the suppressor on May 8th. It took 9 days for the Form 3 transfer to the dealer, which is normal. But then it took until the 6th of June to finally certify. They blamed the SS software, but we were at the certification stage pretty quickly but it took another 2 weeks to actually certify, I had to drive over there three times to ”remind” them that we needed to do it. The final time, I brought my computer with me and basically told them I wasn’t leaving until we did the deed. That is completely a dealer issue, not a SC issue. I just need to find another dealer for my next one.

Gynaroo

FNG
Just jumped back in the ATF line. They are saying they are currently getting through 11/22-2/23. I hope they are wrong.

Based on the above replies they are doing better.

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
Submitted the day before Thanksgiving last year.
Got approval yesterday
Currently sitting by the mailbox waiting even though I've got at least a 2 week wait.