Suppressor wait times

Tahoe1305

WKR
After two rounds of emails I received the following response:

Finalizing your application is very important to NFA. Please know that completing NFA status checks for applicants will significantly delay processing efforts. NFA appreciates your understanding so that our staff can focus on processing applications and not researching status checks. ATF receives hundreds of Ask the Expert Inquiries each day, your continued patience is greatly appreciated.
Not to take their side….but we kinda have to expect that right?

Bubbadoyle

Lil-Rokslider
Dammit you're not helping. I guess there goes my theory. Lol

I feel they’re just trying to pad their numbers to get their average wait time lower. Lots of guys still waiting from October to December and seems the majority of them coming through now are sub 200 days with many much less than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bubbadoyle

Lil-Rokslider
Not to take their side….but we kinda have to expect that right?

Hard to take their side when the swear they process these in the order received yet they clearly aren’t. I’m at 320 days and counting and I see plenty of people being approved in 1/4 of that time. This process is clearly broken and flawed. I’m beginning to even wonder if I’ll have mine by Wisconsin gun season.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Hard to take their side when the swear they process these in the order received yet they clearly aren’t. I’m at 320 days and counting and I see plenty of people being approved in 1/4 of that time. This process is clearly broken and flawed. I’m beginning to even wonder if I’ll have mine by Wisconsin gun season.

My point is inquiring about a process does take someone away from approving. So the more we do that, we can’t expect them to be done faster.

Separate issue than order they are approving. Maybe the person yours is assigned to also had to be the phone answerer for the quarter. :)

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
Submitted 3/4/23
Approved 9/8/2023
Dead Air Nomad Ti
Individual

I have three other cans that are still in jail from the first of December 2022 that were submitted in a trust. Do the trust submissions take longer? Based on this approval it would seem so but who knows.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

You see lots of people getting approved in ~ 75-80 days?

Bubbadoyle

Lil-Rokslider

If you follow the Reddit megathread you’ll see some and the majority are way less than the wait I’m sitting at. There’s lots of people from October to December still waiting while lots are getting approved from January to June of 2023.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If you follow the Reddit megathread you’ll see some and the majority are way less than the wait I’m sitting at. There’s lots of people from October to December still waiting while lots are getting approved from January to June of 2023.

Your 320 day was is excessive, that really sucks. The last one I got was about 240 days which seemed fast compared to the paper form that took 15 months I did before. Still though, 240 days is a far cry from the 90 they claim.

Hopefully you get yours soon, I’m going to order a cgs hyperion k at some point but I’m just hesitant to get in line again.

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
Just 1 month in on 2 AB Raptors and hopeful it’s not as long as some I’m reading. The entire process seems ridiculous for what should be considered a safety device.

Bubbadoyle

Lil-Rokslider
Your 320 day was is excessive, that really sucks. The last one I got was about 240 days which seemed fast compared to the paper form that took 15 months I did before. Still though, 240 days is a far cry from the 90 they claim.

Hopefully you get yours soon, I’m going to order a cgs hyperion k at some point but I’m just hesitant to get in line again.

I agree and I’m happy for those getting theirs quickly. If these weren’t my first two I probably wouldn’t care quite as much. The part that really irks me is the fact they claim they’re processed in order they’re received when clearly they’re not.

Bubbadoyle

Lil-Rokslider

Going through the Reddit thread.
One guy got five approved in 77 days
Next one had 100 days and a 240 day one approved within hours of each other but different signatures so no batch approval.
Next one on there is 98 days.
Next is 182 days.
Next is 106 days.
Next is 87 days.
Next on had two approved at once, one at 86 days and one at 98 days.
Next one is 80 days.
Next is 183 days.
Next is a batch of 2 at 60 days.
Next is 195 days.
Next is a batch of 4 from 103 days to 238 days.
Next is 188 days.
Next one is 94 days.
Next is 2 at 112 days.
These are going right in order on the thread and not skipping any. You can clearly see that almost every approval is fairly new and no one from 2022 is getting approved.

6.5x284

WKR
Going through the Reddit thread.
One guy got five approved in 77 days
Next one had 100 days and a 240 day one approved within hours of each other but different signatures so no batch approval.
Next one on there is 98 days.
Next is 182 days.
Next is 106 days.
Next is 87 days.
Next on had two approved at once, one at 86 days and one at 98 days.
Next one is 80 days.
Next is 183 days.
Next is a batch of 2 at 60 days.
Next is 195 days.
Next is a batch of 4 from 103 days to 238 days.
Next is 188 days.
Next one is 94 days.
Next is 2 at 112 days.
These are going right in order on the thread and not skipping any. You can clearly see that almost every approval is fairly new and no one from 2022 is getting approved.

Are those all Form 4's? There was a lot of Form 1's from the SBR amnesty on the August and September megathread recently.

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
Just hit 120 days on my Raptor 8. I’d like to think I’m close to the avg. wait time but have no confidence considering the spread seems to be 200 days.

It didn’t help that it took my dealer 3 months and 4 days to get me submitted from purchase date.

Dumbest process I’ve been through for anything.

Just hit 120 days on my Raptor 8. I’d like to think I’m close to the avg. wait time but have no confidence considering the spread seems to be 200 days.

It didn’t help that it took my dealer 3 months and 4 days to get me submitted from purchase date.

Dumbest process I’ve been through for anything.
I’m in the same boat. Did efile with dealer first week of October. Got a call from dealer in February telling me she screwed up the efile and had to re-do. She insisted that the ATF told her it stays in the queue in the same spot. Got the email on March 31 that it was submitted. Now at about 160 days from submitted date. Probably 0 chance I’ll have it for elk trip next month.

SwiftShot

WKR
How about they stop being idiots. Why does it take so long for repeat customers. If I have 1 can already it should not take a year for the second one. The system is broken and they have no desire to fix it.