Suppressor wait times

SloppyJ

WKR
Got 1 of my 4 cans approved today. YHM R9. 112 days. The funny part is that two of them (AB Raptor 10 and AB Little Bird) are still waiting on approval and it has been 242 days on those.

I'll take it either way. Time to go test out some 30-30, 308, and 300blk! I hadn't bought the 1/2" end cap or pistol booster because I thought there's no way that it gets approved before the others!

Bigolmuley

Lil-Rokslider
Approved! Picked up my nomad ti and mask 22 today. 261 days. Thought I had a chance to be denied as I can only fingerprint my left hand due to be paralyzed and my right hand claws up. But had the sheriff write a note. Guess that worked. Thank you examiner Bagrim. Got both same day. I guess it does happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For informational purposes, are you by chance up there in age and/or have moved a lot or had a lot of different jobs? I know it's silly to try to logically explain anything a gov agency does but I'm wondering if there's any sort of pattern.

I’m 49 and have been employed by three companies since 1996. Grew up in Wyoming and have lived in Wisconsin since 1996. Only lived in a few different residences in Wisconsin and they’re all in the same county. Been in my current home for over 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I sent a bunch of emails out this morning to various ATF/NFA addresses. Doubtful anything will come of it, but guess we’ll see!

Been there and done that with no success. Hopefully it works for you.

I’m 49 and have been employed by three companies since 1996. Grew up in Wyoming and have lived in Wisconsin since 1996. Only lived in a few different residences in Wisconsin and they’re all in the same county. Been in my current home for over 20 years.

Dammit you're not helping. I guess there goes my theory. Lol

VinoVino

Lil-Rokslider
Got 1 of my 4 cans approved today. YHM R9. 112 days. The funny part is that two of them (AB Raptor 10 and AB Little Bird) are still waiting on approval and it has been 242 days on those.

I'll take it either way. Time to go test out some 30-30, 308, and 300blk! I hadn't bought the 1/2" end cap or pistol booster because I thought there's no way that it gets approved before the others!
I’ve got the Raptor 8. Great can. Light. Quiet. Hope you get yours soon

SloppyJ

WKR
While I was complaining to my buddies about only 1 of 4 being approved, I got the second email. Came in at 730pm cst. Fingers crossed the other two will get cleared tomorrow? Both that were approved today were from my May applications and not Janurary.

schmalzy

WKR
Submitted: 1/15/23
Approved: 9/6/23
Single shot trust

Of course the 22 can comes first. Have another 30 cal submitted on same date that I’m hoping comes soon.

Edit: 30 cal can just approved as well.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Submitted: 1/15/23
Approved: 9/6/23
Single shot trust

Of course the 22 can comes first. Have another 30 cal submitted on same date that I’m hoping comes soon.

Edit: 30 cal can just approved as well.

That happened to me. I bought a TBAC ultra 7 and ordered a Dead Air mas 22 about a month later. The mask 22 was approved about. a month before the ultra 7.

Certified: 1/9/23
Called last week and was told it was “pending”
Approved: Yesterday 9/6/23

I did a single shot trust through the SS kiosk at a local dealer. Hopefully I can run down and pick it up this afternoon.

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
Submitted: 1/11/23
Approved: 9/7/23
Single shot trust

Finally! This is my first can and went with a griffin explorr 300. Excited to see how it works, also shot the approver and atf an email about possibly approving my oculus I have in line as well while everything's fresh. Fingers crossed.

Edit: well damn the atf replied to the email about my oculus with

We are required to process forms in order received. We are unable to provide batch approvals.

Last edited:

atmat

WKR
I sent a bunch of emails out this morning to various ATF/NFA addresses. Doubtful anything will come of it, but guess we’ll see!
After two rounds of emails I received the following response:

Finalizing your application is very important to NFA. Please know that completing NFA status checks for applicants will significantly delay processing efforts. NFA appreciates your understanding so that our staff can focus on processing applications and not researching status checks. ATF receives hundreds of Ask the Expert Inquiries each day, your continued patience is greatly appreciated.