Suppressor wait times

WKR
I think the only reason it’s dropping is because of the batch approvals. If they approve six form 4’s that range from 270 days to 50 days in a batch then this can make the average wait time look like it’s getting shorter even though it’s likely 270 plus days if you purchase one without the possibility of getting it batched with previous submissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If you scroll through the user submitted data, it looks like it is a lot single form 4 approvals. I get the batch approval has a similar effect, but I would say it's not the only factor.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else notice the change on the ATF website? Form 4s now have two separate wait times. Individual forms are at 190 day average and trusts are at 241 day average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
Anyone else notice the change on the ATF website? Form 4s now have two separate wait times. Individual forms are at 190 day average and trusts are at 241 day average.

I’ve noticed that on Reddit they’re doing February apps but they seemed to skip December and January!!! I’m January!

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got two in December. The Reddit thread is showing several in April, May, June, and even a few in July already approved. Guess I’ll just keep waiting.

Makes me wonder if there's an effort to discourage people doing trusts. Unfortunately mine is an April in a trust.

Makes me wonder if there's an effort to discourage people doing trusts. Unfortunately mine is an April in a trust.
Individual forms are going to be quicker to process and review, so it does make sense for them to process them separately, even though I don’t like it. If that individual time gets low enough, might be worth thinking of the NFA tax as a $400 tax for trusts. One stamp for the individual quick approval and another to add it to a trust.

So on the batch approval thing, does that happen enough to maybe plan for it? I've got some with freedom being denied since April and considering purchasing another, thought maybe get lucky and get them all approved at the same time. I'm the only one on my trust if that matters.

Ucsdryder

WKR
So on the batch approval thing, does that happen enough to maybe plan for it? I've got some with freedom being denied since April and considering purchasing another, thought maybe get lucky and get them all approved at the same time. I'm the only one on my trust if that matters.
I don’t think there’s any planning when it comes to these approvals. It’s all over the place. The Reddit thread is fun and frustrating to watch.

TAS95

FNG
Depending on how pro 2A your state is might be worth reaching out to your state representative’s office. My brother did that earlier this year after waiting about 8 months with no word, within a week got his approval notice. Probably coincidence but you never know lol

ssgjpd

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I still have two that was certified on 9/22 and 9/25 that I am waiting on.

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
Individual forms are going to be quicker to process and review, so it does make sense for them to process them separately, even though I don’t like it. If that individual time gets low enough, might be worth thinking of the NFA tax as a $400 tax for trusts. One stamp for the individual quick approval and another to add it to a trust.
That's not true. Unless you have listed more than 3 people on your trust, performing the background check on the people in the trust doesn't take any longer than performing an individual check. ATF can perform a background check in minutes. There's no reason for the trusts to take 50 days longer unless they are slow-walking them for a reason.

Before eforms we waited an average of 15 months on 3 different cans on a trust. 240 days sucks but its a win in my book. The gov isn't going to miraculously become efficient.