Suppressor wait times getting faster

waspocrew

Lil-Rokslider
Just went and purchased a AB Raptor 8", waiting on my docusign. I'll be curious to see how quickly I get approved once I get the docusign and be certified.

How long did it take others to get their docusign?
Assuming Silencer Shop?

My FIL bought 2 cans from them on Sunday. He hasn’t received docusign yet and on the portal, it mentions the Form 3 had not been submitted yet either.

IDVortex

WKR
Assuming Silencer Shop?

My FIL bought 2 cans from them on Sunday. He hasn’t received docusign yet and on the portal, it mentions the Form 3 had not been submitted yet either.
Yup silencershop, I just got my docusign today, now waiting to be able to certify.

I couldn’t believe it, but I got mine in about 5 weeks all in. I got caught with my pants down and my rifles still out having muzzles threaded.

Nicodez

FNG
2 day turn around on my Nomad Ti. Guy behind the counter was pissed, he’s been waiting 6 months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in 21 it took me about 10 months. i did another one in late 23 and it only took 2/3 months…but I was denied because silencer central did the paperwork wrong. It got resubmitted and I’m still waiting. All eform 4.

Bluefish

WKR
Assuming Silencer Shop?

If the local dealer doesn’t have the cans in hand, they have to be shipped from SS to the dealer with a form 3, then you can do your docusign. Could be 2-3 weeks.

wesfromky

WKR
If the local dealer doesn’t have the cans in hand, they have to be shipped from SS to the dealer with a form 3, then you can do your docusign. Could be 2-3 weeks.
This is a good link for SS to see where you are in the process. As mentioned, you have to wait for the form 3 to clear before SS can ship to your dealer. Once they have it, it is on them to certify, etc. Some dealers are probably better than others, but I have been reaching out to mine once I see it has been delivered to schedule a time to certify.

Applied for individual on two new ones this week. One was approved in under 48 hours. I will update when the second one is approved. Huge improvement over my first 18 month wait time with paper forms!

bbean70

FNG
Seems like individual is getting approved rather quickly. I still waiting on (2) Eform 4 trust one from 3/8/23 and one about a month later. FBI NICS Delayed for both of them. Hopefully they will show up soon.

WCB

WKR
Answer: because it is the government
Question: why would a trust take significantly longer than individual?

Applied in mid-October for three cans from Silencer Central. Added a Speed K application on March 5. On March 8th, I had approvals for all four. Surprised the hell out of me. I guess batch approvals really are a thing.

Houseminer

Lil-Rokslider
What I really like about the whole deal is that everyone in the deal gets their money up front for months and months while the consumer (you know, the guy who's paying the freight) has to wait and wait and wait.

Alex.D102

FNG
WOW, some of these replies are wild! I did mine through Silencer Shop and I still had a 9 month wait until they were realased from Can Prison! Glad to hear some guys are getting super fast turn around!

bbean70

FNG
Seems like individual is getting approved rather quickly. I still waiting on (2) Eform 4 trust one from 3/8/23 and one about a month later. FBI NICS Delayed for both of them. Hopefully they will show up soon.
Received Email today that my first one was approved. It was submitted 3/8/23. Hopefully the second one is right behind it