Suppressor wait times getting faster

I submitted the paperwork today for a bogo I got back in July. The warlock took forever to ship and it arrived in November. I wasn’t able to complete the paperwork then due to the fact I left my ID in the village (disadvantage of flying without TSA or security).

I’ll be curious how long this one takes. My three cans have all taken 5-6 months.

I’m ready to get that 5th one but waiting on the novo deals again or the free tax stamp option.

Bigwilly556

Lil-Rokslider
Silencer shop kiosk e-file form 4 individual. Omega 36M and surefire mini.
Certified February 17, 2024.
Approved today February 22, 2024.

Rugged oculus wouldn't certify that day as the system crashed. That one will probably be 13 months 😞.

Sorry bud ☝️.
Just received another approval for my oculus.
Certified 2/24/24
Approved 2/28/24
Individual.

Apparently now is the time to buy for an individual e-file.

JGRaider

WKR
You guys are killing me.......any reviews for Silencerco 300 DTM? Use will be 6.5 PRC.

Vaultman

WKR
Silencer shop kiosk e-file form 4 individual. Omega 36M and surefire mini.
Certified February 17, 2024.
Approved today February 22, 2024.

Rugged oculus wouldn't certify that day as the system crashed. That one will probably be 13 months 😞.

Sorry bud ☝️.
I certified the same day for efile form 4 but in a trust.
Feels like sitting in a blind and hearing the bugle come my way. Trying not to get to excited.

Last edited:

Ikmclean

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know what happens if you have a change of address during the wait period?

If so what is the recommended course of action that won't slow anything down?
I moved during the waiting period on my my last can. As long as it's legal to own where you move to it isn't an issue and you will use your new address to fill out a 4473 once you are approved.

Reactions: WKR

Axlrod

WKR
I moved during the waiting period on my my last can. As long as it's legal to own where you move to it isn't an issue and you will use your new address to fill out a 4473 once you are approved.
I would make sure your new address is on your ID. They will compare what you put on the 4473 to your ID.

So if I already have a trust for two suppressors and I buy another as an individual now. Will I still have to pay the extra $200 to add the new can to the already existing trust?
Yes you would be transferring it from individual to trust. So pay $200 and wait again.

Reactions: Duh

weaver

WKR
Just got a scythe ti and a rad22 approved in 34 days. Didn’t even have a threaded rimfire ready so ended up having to buy a tikka 17hmr they had in stock to be able to use the rad22.

wesfromky

WKR
Yes you would be transferring it from individual to trust. So pay $200 and wait again.
Gotcha Thanks.
$200 yes, but you already have possession and would be able to continue to use it while waiting for the form 4 to clear. You would not be able to add RP, or take advantage of anything in the trust etc until the form clear though. And I believe it would still be a paper form.

NickT406

FNG
Classified Approved
The local dealer just said he had an individual efile approved and picked up in 24 hours. Another guy bought 4 and picked them up in 2 weeks

9/26/23 & 12/7/23. Waiting. Last call to ATF said trusts average 225 days.
One of my new shooting buddies submitted 2/20 and just got approved today. Two weeks!

IDVortex

WKR
Just went and purchased a AB Raptor 8", waiting on my docusign. I'll be curious to see how quickly I get approved once I get the docusign and be certified.

How long did it take others to get their docusign?

Only took me a year form mine a couple years back🥴 lol
From what I’ve been hearing from the time guys are purchasing them, till they pick them up it’s been under a month. Talked to a guy at mile high and he said the background checks have been clearing in like 2 days 😳 he said it’s been insane fast

Called Tuesday to check on status of two form 4’s for a trust from Sept 2023. Was told trusts are avg 225 days. COINCIDENTALLY yesterday, the day after I call, I get a denial email on one form stating a box was checked yes. WTF. No way 6a was checked yes. I log in to the DocuSign and all looks good on both forms except two odd different X’s. Of course that one is denied and the other has no movement whatsoever. Trust conspiracy?
IMG_7001.jpeg
IMG_7002.jpeg

Bluefish

WKR
Called Tuesday to check on status of two form 4’s for a trust from Sept 2023. Was told trusts are avg 225 days. COINCIDENTALLY yesterday, the day after I call, I get a denial email on one form stating a box was checked yes. WTF. No way 6a was checked yes. I log in to the DocuSign and all looks good on both forms except two odd different X’s. Of course that one is denied and the other has no movement whatsoever. Trust conspiracy?
View attachment 683809
View attachment 683810
atf is not processing trusts. I have a form 1 trust over 120 days and form 4’s longer than that. They kicked back 3 trust submissions for me in January due to not submitting fingerprints for my settler trustee. Have got 2 of the 3 resubmitted and still fighting with SS to the last one sent back in. Sucks that people are getting approvals faster than I can even get a submission in the system.

atf is not processing trusts. I have a form 1 trust over 120 days and form 4’s longer than that. They kicked back 3 trust submissions for me in January due to not submitting fingerprints for my settler trustee. Have got 2 of the 3 resubmitted and still fighting with SS to the last one sent back in. Sucks that people are getting approvals faster than I can even get a submission in the system.
Well on this can I’m kicked back to square one. Maybe just refill individual and see what happens.