RokStok

Vortex defender caps. The front is 44mm, a touch larger than the 6x42. Still works, just not as perfect of a fit as the back cover… i like that it taunts my OCD and shows it who’s boss.

When they inevitably break like every other flip cap, at least they are warrantied.

They do add a bit of black shadow around the scope view. Which I don’t like on scopes that have a solid edge to edge image, but the 6x42 does not have that attribute, so it’s barely noticeable.
I can vouch for the warranty. They sent me a replacement cap when the rubber on my original wore out.

Thank you!

12/22 order, single color

FML

I was told my railed Rokstok has been at UM since 8/16. Bare carbon so it must have been a QC issue or they’re just not going in order at all.

giphy.gif

Considering the absence of 700 input, here's a quick summary of my 700 medium RokStok. Am curious whether other 700 owners have better or similar outcomes (see tang description).

Specs:
  • 700 medium w/#5 Benchmark, Spartan adapter, M5 bottom metal inlet, 2 flush cups
  • Ordered 12/21, arrived 8/31
Observations:
  • I like the stock more than expected! Will buy another in 700 SA once the production issues and bugs are worked out.
  • Low ring height better than medium (in my case).
  • Stock is lightweight/lighter than expected.
  • Definitely NOT a drop-in. I'll have to do some relief work, add pillars, and glass-bed the receiver to level out the receiver teetering forward and keeping the ejection port cut aligned.
  • Barrel channel and bolt inlets are nicely done.
  • The M5 inlet is TIGHT! I hammered it in with a rubber masonry mallet.
  • Receiver tang area is goofy/weird, but fixable.
  • Don't expect Manners or McMillan fit/finish if not painted.

Pics - stock with barrel action
Screen Shot 2024-09-03 at 4.22.57 PM.png

Barrel inlet - pleased, no issues
Screen Shot 2024-09-03 at 2.16.04 PM.png

Tang - inletting stops 1/8" too short, tang is longer than inlet
Screen Shot 2024-09-03 at 2.13.44 PM.png

Inlet for tang is odd/unusually steep and deep, will require extending tang area shape and bedding the entire action
Screen Shot 2024-09-03 at 2.11.17 PM.png

M5 bottom metal reveal - bottom of metal extends 1/8" around actions screw holes, end to end
Screen Shot 2024-09-03 at 2.09.11 PM.png

RyanT26

WKR
Considering the absence of 700 input, here's a quick summary of my 700 medium RokStok. Am curious whether other 700 owners have better or similar outcomes (see tang description).

Specs:
  • 700 medium w/#5 Benchmark, Spartan adapter, M5 bottom metal inlet, 2 flush cups
Observations:
  • I like the stock more than expected! Will buy another in 700 SA once the production issues and bugs are worked out.
  • Definitely NOT a drop-in. I'll have to do some relief work, add pillars, and glass-bed the receiver to level out the receiver teetering forward and keeping the ejection port cut aligned.

View attachment 759400

View attachment 759401

View attachment 759403

Inlet for tang is odd/unusually steep and deep, will require extending tang area shape and bedding the entire action
View attachment 759405

M5 bottom metal reveal - bottom of metal extends 1/8" around actions screw holes, end to end
View attachment 759404
Yikes, my dude. Hopefully they get the 700 inlet figured out.

eoperator

WKR

Specs:
What barrel inlet?

Gstew1930

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I’ve got a hunt at the end of October I need my manners for. I plan on selling after the hunt & ordering one of these if they are for sale by then

Specs:
Observations:

View attachment 759400

View attachment 759401

View attachment 759403

View attachment 759405

View attachment 759404

My sa 700 stock did not look/fit like that at all. I pulled a rifle and m5 bottom metal from a mcm a5 and bolted it in the rokstok. Shot some groups and that rifle shot the same as it did in the bedded mcmillan.