RokStok

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Yeah. The screw supplied didn't have strong enough magnetic properties. I just replaced it the screw from my Spartan adapter that was on my factory stock.
This is a different issue. Stocks are shipping without the threaded t-nut, so there is nothing there for the screw to thread into. Thought mine was a single issue, apparently not the case.

I didn't check for a tee nut. But my rail had a screw where it was supposed to be. This screw was silver. It was magnetic but very weak. My bipod would fall off with just a slight shake of the rifle. I replaced this silver screw with the black screw that came with my Spartan adapter. Problem solved (for me).

9.3koolaid

Lil-Rokslider
On the topic of 700 inlets, one buyer's experience to date:
  • Ordered/paid for a 700 medium the AM of 12/21, bare carbon w/no changes or frills
  • Was communicated to me that there were 4 total 700 mediums ordered the first 30 days
  • Early April message telling me 3 UM is 3 weeks behind
  • Mid-May message telling "in production"
  • Mid-July message "...just shipped from Stockys" (to UM)
  • Early Aug message "...ships today from Stockys to UM, be there next week"
  • At one point communicated that the first batch of 700 medium orders were delivered in May 🫤
Curious if others are being told stock is "on its way."
Apr 9 - "Coming up here quickly"
Apr 23 - "being made now"
Aug 15 - "In production"

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe its a rem 700 thing but those kind of updates aren't coming out for tikka orders, at least that I've seen. I believe this is the extent I've gotten:
  • Dec order (railed tikka)
  • June 3 mass status email
  • June 4 mass status email
Same here. I reached out a couple weeks ago and asked for a rough estimate and they said probably 4-6 more weeks. They said there aren't too many in front of me.

But they also aren't going in order. So 🤷‍♂️

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This is a different issue. Stocks are shipping without the threaded t-nut, so there is nothing there for the screw to thread into. Thought mine was a single issue, apparently not the case.

Being the one that designed the rails I clarified that they must be using standard steel black oxide bolts, not stainless. And they (UM) added the tee nut and the steel bolt info to their SOP.

Ken

Firth

FNG
Anyone know the screw head holding on the buttstock? I noticed this evening that the top screw on mine isn't tight. I fished around with a couple drivers, and decided it would be easier to ask. I'm trying not to bug UM if I can help it, but if no one knows I'll ask them and post it here.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Anyone know the screw head holding on the buttstock? I noticed this evening that the top screw on mine isn't tight. I fished around with a couple drivers, and decided it would be easier to ask. I'm trying not to bug UM if I can help it, but if no one knows I'll ask them and post it here.
Phillips size 10. Don’t over-tighten.

Firth

FNG
Phillips size 10. Don’t over-tighten.
Mine was actually 5/32 hex. I fiddled with the Phillips for a bit then shined a light on the itty bitty hole. Decided it looked like it might be hex and started trying options. I have the length of pull kit. Maybe that's the difference.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Mine was actually 5/32 hex. I fiddled with the Phillips for a bit then shined a light on the itty bitty hole. Decided it looked like it might be hex and started trying options. I have the length of pull kit. Maybe that's the difference.
Ah yeah with the spacers and longer screws they obviously did something different than the standard recoil pad. Good info!

IMG_0010.jpeg
12/21 order. 2 for 2 delivered.

The first stock came with a nitrided lug. Never removed the lug for inspection and there were no visible markings from the top, so I assume it’s a UM lug (vs a MT)??? The second recoil lug was not nitrided but had UM etched on the top. Both seem to be seated correctly by external visual inspection alone over the actions installed.

IMG_0015.jpeg
IMG_0016.jpeg

The guts fell out of my torque wrench last week so won’t get to glue, screw, and test them until the replacement arrives. Very happy with the ergos, size, and weight. No complaints on aesthetics or fit and finish. Very repeatable with UM high rings. Overall a tremendous value for $500 a piece.

DLOsoft

FNG
’t get to glue, screw, and test them until the replacement arrives. Very happy with the ergos, size, and weight. No complaints on aesthetics or fit and finish. Very repeatable with UM high rings. Overall
View attachment 758477
12/21 order. 2 for 2 delivered.

The first stock came with a nitrided lug. Never removed the lug for inspection and there were no visible markings from the top, so I assume it’s a UM lug (vs a MT)??? The second recoil lug was not nitrided but had UM etched on the top. Both seem to be seated correctly by external visual inspection alone over the actions installed.

View attachment 758499
View attachment 758501

The guts fell out of my torque wrench last week so won’t get to glue, screw, and test them until the replacement arrives. Very happy with the ergos, size, and weight. No complaints on aesthetics or fit and finish. Very repeatable with UM high rings. Overall a tremendous value for $500 a piece.

What scope covers do you use? They look nice.

What scope covers do you use? They look nice.
Vortex defender caps. The front is 44mm, a touch larger than the 6x42. Still works, just not as perfect of a fit as the back cover… i like that it taunts my OCD and shows it who’s boss.

When they inevitably break like every other flip cap, at least they are warrantied.

They do add a bit of black shadow around the scope view. Which I don’t like on scopes that have a solid edge to edge image, but the 6x42 does not have that attribute, so it’s barely noticeable.