FORMADILIOUS.........I'm calling you OUT!!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m sure I missed it and can’t seem to find it, but what is Shaen’s company? Is he on Rokslide? I would love to put a 6mm Creed together since Oregon has a 6mm minimum for elk. Thanks.
There isn’t anybody better than Shaen.

In 22-250’s/22cm’s the 88gr ELD-M works fine with a 1-8” twist.
Are there any setups that shoot factory decent?
At least for killing coyote and maybe deer.

All the damn rifles I have required reloading, and I absolutely hate it, reloading is pure torture.

I see various factory 223 ammo in 69 and 77 grain.

That's why I want a 6 creed. I just want a dang rifle I can pick up white box Hornady for and go shoot stuff.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Are there any setups that shoot factory decent?
At least for killing coyote and maybe deer.

All the damn rifles I have required reloading, and I absolutely hate it, reloading is pure torture.

I see various factory 223 ammo in 69 and 77 grain.

I’m .224 caliber? If so, only 223 with 77gr TMK’s for factory available.

That's why I want a 6 creed. I just want a dang rifle I can pick up white box Hornady for and go shoot stuff.

That’s good too. Also the 6ARC is a good way to go.

I’m .224 caliber? If so, only 223 with 77gr TMK’s for factory available.

That’s good too. Also the 6ARC is a good way to go.
Well my local sportsman's does have a 223 available.
And I think they have federal and hornady w 77 grain in stock, I just didn't notice which 77 grn.

Like I mentioned before. I'm just not in love with tikka so having one rebarrel to 6 creed ugg, which they would just factory chamber it.

I also have a AR that will stack 77s but there just not sexy to hunt with ether.

BjornF16

WKR
Yes. Excellent rifles, and probably THE rifle is someone just wants one that works every time and is packable.
Only issue I see is that the Blaser .223 barrels are all 10” twist; their 22-250 is 12” twist.

I only know of two aftermarket R8 barrel makers here in US: one has very questionable business practices and the other has a 1 year lead time.

I did get a 22CM 7” twist from the first but I got lucky. Otherwise I have factory 6XC and 6.5CM barrels. I plan on taking the 22CM on its first hunt here in Texas in late December.

There is another option for barrels with an Akila Bear8 barrel extension, but I don’t know of any gunsmith’s stateside who have threaded barrels for it.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Does he have any updated number?
I text the number on his website 2 or so weeks ago like it says and haven't heard anything back.
I’ve done business with him through email which he was always very fast about responding. Once things settle down after the holiday, I’ll be sending a few more barrels to him.

Monty3006

FNG
I have an R8 .223 barrel and it shoots the 77 TMKs about 1.5 MOA. I haven’t shot them past 200 so can’t comment on whether the stability drop off past that. It is an extremely accurate barrel with the lighter projectiles I’ve tried.

BjornF16

WKR
I have an R8 .223 barrel and it shoots the 77 TMKs about 1.5 MOA. I haven’t shot them past 200 so can’t comment on whether the stability drop off past that. It is an extremely accurate barrel with the lighter projectiles I’ve tried.
Have you tried the 62 gr federal fusion or gold dot?

Just put this together last night, I’ll go shoot it this weekend with my AR 77tmk loads (8208 xbr around mag length)

1-8” .223 Howa Mini barreled action - Brownells
Stocky’s carbon VG second
Warne 20mao rail
Seekins lows (.83”)
NXS 2.5-10
Javelin bipod

Stock = 20.5oz
Action & bottom “metal” & mag = 64oz
Bare rifle = 5lbs 4.5oz

With scope, sling and Javelin mount = 7lbs 1oz

With suppressor & 10rds= 7lbs 15oz

With lighter scope (credo 3-9) and mounting you could get under 6 1/2lbs easily.

The barrel comes at 22” and threaded 1/2-28 but I’ll cut it down to either 16-18” and run my Nomad Ti. Might get a dedicated 5” can for this gun down the road.

I’ll let y’all know how it shoots and I’ll work up pressure test for this gun so see what I’m getting with 22”. That may play into my decision on wether I go all the way down to 16”.

27f559b32eb816287461bdb1bb33192b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is the mag release still in front of the magazine? I had a howa mini 6.5 grendel and loved a lot about it, but everytime I carried it I dropped the magazine. It was so bad I had to sell it.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
What do you think of the Q Fix for a do all, field rifle compared to the Blaser or Tikka CTR/KRG combo?

It doesn’t compete as a field rifle. First, metal chassis in the cold suck. Second, the bolt throw isn’t smooth as either of the others, and third a true pistol grip is not ideal for a field rifle that has any recoil at all.