Consolidated Dictionary & Guidelines for Backcountry Hunter dialect

Love it, but you need to add to the "overlanding rig" definition the tent on top so you need to pack it all up so you can turn your truck around at your camp spot.

And that you have at least 6 things bolted to the exterior of the rig, 4 of which are never actually removed once they are attached (e.g. hi-lift, fuel/water containers, traction boards, kayak, or shovel) - mostly because the owners doesn't know what they do other than to give street cred with other overlanding rig owners.
I couldn't love this more.
Don't forget the TRD badges in flat black and excessive LED lighting for use in traffic so that EVERYBODY notices you.

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved
Can you imagine if you had gone deep and then realized you forgot the silencer condom for your build, and then had to go back to the rig so you could run your complete kit?
It would be epic.

ODB

WKR
I couldn't love this more.
Don't forget the TRD badges in flat black and excessive LED lighting for use in traffic so that EVERYBODY notices you.

was in Salt Lake this past weekend and the overland game is very strong there. I mean I saw tipui and iKampers everywhere. Tricked out, immaculate moonstone 4-runners with more shit bolted to them than you can imagine.

For the record I once got lost in the way back of beyond NFD in Kenya with a guy and the totality of our gear on our Land Cruiser was a small shovel, hi-lift (which we actually used twice to change flats), rubber strapping and sisal rope. Not sure how we made it out without all the “crucial” kit you see running down I15 these days

I love being corrected that it’s a “suppressor” not a “silencer” because my follow up question as to where to buy a “suppressor” is usually answered by “silencershop.com.” I just let that hang in the air a while…
I look forward to going into a gunshop to buy a 'clip' and when the requisite DB behind the counter says 'YOU MEAN ''MAGAZINE?'' ' I counter with a question of how does he load his 1903 Springfield or 1917 Enfield?

Carr5vols

WKR
Also when did everything become a BET.

"See that elk over that i am going to kill it. Bet"

Anybody got a definition. Bet

I look forward to going into a gunshop to buy a 'clip' and when the requisite DB behind the counter says 'YOU MEAN ''MAGAZINE?'' ' I counter with a question of how does he load his 1903 Springfield or 1917 Enfield?
And I love using "horns" just to see how many people chime in and say it should be "antler." The funniest part about it is it is usually someone who butchers the rest of the English language... but he knows it should be an antler.

OP
GotDraw?

GotDraw?

WKR
Speaking of Suppressors, here's a new piece of verbal KIT for BCHers--

VERBAL BAFFLE STRIKE- when your mouth writes a check your ass can't cash...

@Randy Newberg @robby denning @Ryan Avery

JL

My worst VERBAL BAFFLE STRIKE was uttering the name a much loved ex-girlfriend at the worst possible moment with my then fiancée.

Let's just say that plane flight suffered immediate temporary hydraulic failure.

True story.

JL

Last edited:

Hnthrdr

WKR
UTards: get tags in every state but their own, gripe about out of state tag cost, are prone to taking 1000 yard rifle shots with a loopy Vx-5 ;) , and 120 yard bow shots, always a flat bill, seen driving a jacked up truck pulling a rzr that is about to get repossessed, enough stickers to black out the rear window of 5 trucks

wyojdubya

Lil-Rokslider
Hatch [hach] noun: one who struggles to understand state lines.

Woerkem [wurk-em] noun: one who allegedly struggles to understand property lines, or, alternatively, an agreement.

Lemon [lem-uhn] noun: one who allegedly delivers doughnuts to Utah bears for celebrity benefit.

Backcountry - Use this term to show all your followers how much of a badass you are, and remind them that you never take the beaten path. Never mind the fact that you got to the “backcountry” on a paved road wide enough for you to haul your brand new slide out camper, your followers weren’t there so they’ll never know. Use the term backcountry right after the hashtag #publicland so everyone will know you’re not some private land yuppie, instead everyone will think you hiked 300 miles with a 100lb pack before the land started looking “elk-y.” *Note, be sure to carefully edit your instagram photos and photoshop out the family camping next to where you pitched your tipi and wood stove during your September “backcountry” hunt.

Drives me nuts when people throw around backcountry.

WOD - Workout of the day. Always used in conjunction with MTN-OPS supplements, and the phrase "*Insert critter here*-Shape"

Lets not forget the secondary definition of Rip - as in "Went for a quick Rip to the shitter" slang for a day trip to the range, the winter grounds, or the StoneGlacier headquarters. This colloquialism is favored by the adoring legions of Stone Glacier fanboys

2five7

WKR
GROWLER is the BOAL that responds after you RIP an EPIC bugle, while you're GETTING INTO ELK

OP
GotDraw?

GotDraw?

WKR
WOD - Workout of the day. Always used in conjunction with MTN-OPS supplements, and the phrase "*Insert critter here*-Shape"

Lets not forget the secondary definition of Rip - as in "Went for a quick Rip to the shitter" slang for a day trip to the range, the winter grounds, or the StoneGlacier headquarters. This colloquialism is favored by the adoring legions of Stone Glacier fanboys
In the spirit of full disclosure- I RUN StoneGlacier and EXO. I guess this makes me a double bagger. JL

Hnthrdr

WKR
In the spirit of full disclosure- I RUN StoneGlacier and EXO. I guess this makes me a double bagger. JL
I appreciate that you can take a joke 👍, I currently rub a mystery ranch X Gucci bag (they are all the rage in Bozeman) , but maybe I need to look a company with a sense of humor