FORMADILIOUS.........I'm calling you OUT!!

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay bucko.........
Since you have single handedly destroyed anyone's chance of ever obtaining a tikka 223, SWFA or 77 grain TMK'S........aka rokslide special #1........

What is your number 2 suggestion?

As in, what is your second choice for rifle? What's the second choice for scope? What's the 2nd choice for bullets?? Plug and play rokslide special #2 and it HAS to be available.

Let's see what kind of damage you can do to some other manufacturers inventory. 🫣

WWFD? I think I see another sticker in the works.

In all seriousness, what package replaces or would be a substitute for the above because ain't none of that is available.

Randy

I backordered a 3-9 in July. Last time I emailed they said they'd be imported late November. Your best bet is to pay and wait.

When was the last time someone saw swfa 3-9s in stock? I’m approaching 2 years of waiting on a replacement.
6x and 3-15 have been in stock. 3-9s are popping on the classifieds, and there's the reported November shipment. I even snagged a 3-9 off samplelist in ~june.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I mentioned this in another thread, I’ve been on back order for a 3-9 for 18 months, SWFA assured me there is a large shipment arriving this month and we should receive by end of December.
My guess is the recent used 3-9’s are popping up as others see the demand (and used values) changing.

You can find Tikka 223's, just take the UPC of the one you want and paste it into the gun.deals search. I even found some SS's in stock that have been tempting me. Can't help you on the optic and bullets but there are alternatives to both.

The point of the special #1 setup is its something thats super easy to shoot due to almost no recoil and there are bullets that are completely capable of taking game and you have a solid rifle and optic for not a whole lot of money. You could match that with any other T3X in a caliber thats very shootable to you, especially if you load. The 1:8 22-250 would be a pretty solid bet but you have to load to take advantage of it since there's basically zero heavy 22-250 factory loads. It's still a 22 cal so fudds will still scratch their heads wondering how you killed anything bigger than a varmint with it.

Antares

WKR
Midway has Lites in .223… if you can swallow the price. I bought an SS Lite yesterday.

I don’t want to hijack but I would love to hear forms suggestions for a rifle/chambering for those of us in a state that does not allow 22 caliber for big game hunting

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Okay bucko.........
Since you have single handedly destroyed anyone's chance of ever obtaining a tikka 223, SWFA or 77 grain TMK'S........aka rokslide special #1........

What is your number 2 suggestion?

As in, what is your second choice for rifle? What's the second choice for scope? What's the 2nd choice for bullets?? Plug and play rokslide special #2 and it HAS to be available.

Let's see what kind of damage you can do to some other manufacturers inventory. 🫣

WWFD? I think I see another sticker in the works.

In all seriousness, what package replaces or would be a substitute for the above because ain't none of that is available.

Randy

Well…. There isn’t.

Rifle: If talking 223’s, Browning makes them with 1-8” twists if you can find them. Otherwise you have to deal with Howa Mini’s and their crap mags. And a floor plate doesn’t replace a good detachable magazine. 223 Tikkas are available, but you might have to order- doesn’t matter, they’re worth it.

Scope: SWFA’s have been available pretty commonly on the used market the whole time. I’ve bought 7-8 in the last year. Otherwise- there isn’t a second choice for the 6x Milquad. When counting both the reticle usability at low and high power and reliability- there is nothing on the market. Especially for anywhere near the price. The only scope that has a truly usable reticle at low lower and is decently reliable is the Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18x= long, heavy, and way too much power.

Bullets:

75gr ELD-M and 73gr ELD-M’s work ok, though are a bit more splashy. 62gr Federal Fusion and 62 and 75 mgr Gold Dot are good too.

jfs82

WKR
I don’t want to hijack but I would love to hear forms suggestions for a rifle/chambering for those of us in a state that does not allow 22 caliber for big game hunting
Below is a direct quote from a Form post regarding 6cm, 6xc

"For bullets of what is available I have seen good performance from the Hornady 108gr ELD-M, and the 105hr HPBT if you prefer more penetration; the 95gr Sierra TMK, 95, 105, and 115gr Bergers, etc."