Alex Williams
Josh Ward
Lukas Nelson
Matt Mason
Sarah Shook and the Disarmers
Kaitlin Butts
Sunny Sweeney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was gonna say Jason Isbell. He’s incredible. Was questioning if he is actually ‘country’.

Jason Boland & the Stragglers are my fav

Reckless Kelly
Ryan Bingham
Jason Isbell
Chris Ledoux
Robert Earl Keen
Colter Wall

The night before I got married me and the dudes went to go see Jason Boland. After the show at the merch table I said "hey Mr. Boland I'm getting married tomorrow!" Without a blink he replied "aw man, that suuucks, I'm sorry to hear that."

My wife of 13 years and I just saw him the other night. Still crushing it.

Pretty bummed that Reckless Kelly is hanging it up, but after all these years they've earned a retirement.

Scotto

WKR
Many, but a here is a few: Stapleton. Whiskey Myers, Colter Wall, George Strait, Alan Jackson and some Johnny Cash,
I always find myself turning up the volume for one Uncle Lucius tune as well.

Deere83

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t see sunny ledford, listen to nickel sized hail and Jim sharpe for starters. Also, Brenn hill monster on your back.

tony

WKR
I'm still at 54 rock, metal, some jazz, fusion and blues lover.
I do appreciate real country music
This failed rock star, so I'll be bro country, half horrible rap, whiny simp shit my GF listens to that is called "country"
I swear to all things holy makes me want to kill something or someone about mile down the road

BowTrout

FNG
Cody jinks, Zach Bryan, Morgan Wallen and Cody Johnson are the top of my playlist right now

cornchuck

FNG
Anything on Willie's Roadhouse. SiriusXM. Merle, Johnny Cash, Hank Sr., Marty Robbins, Skeeter Davis, Kitty Wells, Webb Peirce, Hank Snow, etc. I use to listen to the new stuff (about 6-7 years ago) but I can't stand that stuff anymore.

Jason

I was gonna say Jason Isbell. He’s incredible. Was questioning if he is actually ‘country’.
He'll tell you he's not.

I listen to a lot of the guys already listed. Think a few of them are trash. Seen almost all of them live.

James McMurtry is criminally underappreciated.
Chris Canterbury.
Lowdown Drifters.
Adam Carroll.
Dub Miller.
Corb Lund.
Pony Bradshaw.
Hayes Carll.

Couple outside the box of country, more southern blues JJ Grey, (start with the Sun is shining) Patrick Sweany (them shoes)

He'll tell you he's not.

I listen to a lot of the guys already listed. Think a few of them are trash. Seen almost all of them live.

James McMurtry is criminally underappreciated.
Chris Canterbury.
Lowdown Drifters.
Adam Carroll.
Dub Miller.
Corb Lund.
Pony Bradshaw.
Hayes Carll.
Yes! James McMurtry is a living legend. Very few who are gifted with lyrics like that guy

Tony and customweld are spot on. I will be 55 in a short while and hang on to what country music used to be. This thread should have been hooked to the how old are rockslides poll would be interesting to see the age spread on music preferences to today's "country".

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
Well I think just about my entire playlist has been mentioned at this point.

A couple I don’t think I’ve seen mentioned:

Drayton Farley (definitely leans towards folk)
Cole Chaney
Josh Meloy
Warren Zeiders
Cody Davis (Has some great country and some awful country rap)
Gavin Adcock (more southern rock)
Riley Green (Mainstream but his acoustic versions you can find on YouTube are almost completely different songs. Probably my favorite acoustic artist out there)
Steeldrivers and Jompson Brothers (Folk band and Southern rock band Chris Stapleton was in before being solo)

Personally I’ve always counted Southern rock and Folk to be subsets of country.