Country music

tony

WKR
Wheeler Walker Jr
All you need !
If you have not been, go to Nashville. Music all night long from a lot of great musicians that sadly will go undiscovered. Like I said I'm not a huge country fan. Went to the Grand Ol Opry and it was quite the experience. Lucas Nelsons first time playing and he is spot on to his dad.
Evan better was touring the Ryman auditorium. They are not shitting when they talk about the acoustics in this place.
Simply amazing.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Florida George Line and Cardi B have also made other people lots of money... Doesn't mean I like their songs.
Well, he's written for FL-GA Line as well, so you would be 100% correct

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MBN

FNG
Kellen Smith is good he is also a hunting guide. Cheatgrass and Clover is one of his to listen to.

Mojave

WKR
I was looking at these list of arstist I had never heard of. I thought "well, do I want to spend the time to look into this, or do I just want to listen to country from the 1970's-1990's, rock, yodeling cowboy music, yodeling alpine music, schlager, singer-songwriter stuff, and Norwegian death metal.

The truth is I am so turned off by country music of late, that I don't really care to even try to find something worth listening to.

I do like Corb Lund, but the bastard sings some of the saddest damn things going. I don't have time for that.

Mojave

WKR
I used to be the biggest George Straight fan, but it is so commercial sounding.

"Dude, write a damn song yourself from your guts".

Chris Ledoux's son is moderately ok. His own stuff is ok, him redoing his dad's stuff is lame.

I do like that big band sound. Not sure if Ray Benson is still Alseep at the Wheel, but I did enjoy that.

I think the women of country music are 1000% better than the modern crop of dudes. Seems to be less BS cross over stuff.

I listen to a lot of 1940's music. Bing Crosby, Burl Ives, and big band stuff like Henry Manicini.

To me what country is has changed, so I don't listen to it. I think it is a sold out sound. I have yet to hear of a modern male artist that is in the mainstream that doesn't sound like something other than country.

The singer songwriter part of Garth is more enticing than most of what country has become.

Music speaks to certain people for different reasons.

Of people alive today, and currently making music. Most of what I listen to isn't even in English.

in Afrikaans
Bok Van Blerk
Franja du Pleises
Appel
Snotkop
Steve Hofmeyr
Ricus Nel
Robbie Wessels

in German
Stephanie Hertel
Faaschtbankler
Ella Endlich
Arina
Thomas Vogelmayer
Dorfrocker
Voxxclub

English
Corb Lund
Idina Menzel
Steve N Seagulls (Finnish metal acoutic band)
D-Day Darlings
Riders in the Sky
Michael Buble
Five Finger Death Punch

not in any particular order

Swamp Fox

WKR
Looks like this place needs a music video thread ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>