Country music

Yoder

WKR
I always liked the attitude and aggression of rap music but I hated the message. Then I found country rap. It's not for everyone but I think it's cool. Rednecks rapping about love of country, trucks, small town living and hunting instead of drugs, money and bitches.

Country rap:
Struggle Jennings
Adam Calhoun
Nu Breed
Brodnax
Ryan Upchurch
Demun Jones
Jelly Roll

Other country
Rebel Son
Whiskey Myers
Tyler Childers

OP
Flyjunky

Flyjunky

WKR
Whitey Morgan. Go see him live. If he’s got his full band It’s the most chopped up string poppin hot honky you’ll ever see.

Give Sierra Ferrell a listen. She’s got a video on you tube that’s just here in a old train station singin “the bells of every chapel” that is awesome. If you like that check out the songs “hey me hey momma” and “made like that”. She’s at her best when it’s just her and her acoustic.

And if you haven’t listened to the David Allen Coe album “Texas Moon”, you owe that to yourself.

Give Hank 3 a shot. He’s got a lot of different stuff but there’s a lot of traditional country in there too.
Forgot about Whitey, I listen to him quite a bit

I’m not really into the mainstream, new age, country. Who are you listening to? Some of my favorites:

Sturgill Simpson
Whiskey Myers
Brent Cobb
Jamey Johnson
Cody Jinks
Childers, Stapleton, Wall

Then of course the old school guys who are always in style.

Who am I missing that I need to add into the mix?
Gotta add Corb Lund to that list

eric1115

WKR
Jason Eady, Randall King, Wesley Hanna all seem like they grew up on old country of some flavor or another.

Can’t believe it took until the second page to find Tyler Childers. Him and Zach Bryan are 75% of my country music intake. Otherwise Colter wall, Charles Wesley Godwin, turnpike, greensky bluegrass, etc.

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved
Zach Bryan hands down, what he is doing for independent artists and his battle with Ticketmaster is awesome let alone him coming out with basically a new song or two a week.

JGTWI

WKR
Classified Approved
Whitey Morgan. Go see him live. If he’s got his full band It’s the most chopped up string poppin hot honky you’ll ever see.

Give Sierra Ferrell a listen. She’s got a video on you tube that’s just here in a old train station singin “the bells of every chapel” that is awesome. If you like that check out the songs “hey me hey momma” and “made like that”. She’s at her best when it’s just her and her acoustic.

And if you haven’t listened to the David Allen Coe album “Texas Moon”, you owe that to yourself.

Give Hank 3 a shot. He’s got a lot of different stuff but there’s a lot of traditional country in there too.
Whitey is awesome live!

NCTrees

Lil-Rokslider
Great lists. Moonpies put on one of the greatest live shows I’ve seen in a long time. Don’t think Red Shahan or Hellbound Glory have been mentioned. The tender things are good, kinda funky.

Bobbyboe

WKR
I’m not really into the mainstream, new age, country. Who are you listening to? Some of my favorites:

Sturgill Simpson
Whiskey Myers
Brent Cobb
Jamey Johnson
Cody Jinks

All good ones. Add Tyler Childers and Zach Bryan to that list.

Mockingbird and The Crow from Hardy is incredible! I like pretty much all the ones that have been listed already. There are just so many good ones.

I like some of the “country rap” as well. Especially Adam Calhoun, Brodnax, and Demon Jones.

For something really different, check out Tom McDonald. He is rap style but spits fire and truth!

Sturgill Simpson
Whiskey Myers
Brent Cobb
Jamey Johnson
Cody Jinks

Lots of good responses already including all of my favorites so I’ll try not to repeat. Here are a few more good ones to check out.

Low down drifters
Matt Mason
Randy Rogers Band
The Pan Handlers
The Steel Woods
Cory Morrow
Jb and the moonshine band

And the one I can’t believe is only listed once and it deserves repeating is Whiskey Myers.

Check out Texas independent artist Aaron Watson. Good songwriter and overall good guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arlo McKinley
Slaid Cleaves
Blackberry Smoke
Tanner Usrey
Drive-by truckers
Jason Isbell
Alex Williams
Josh Ward
Lukas Nelson
Matt Mason
Sarah Shook and the Disarmers