Colorado wolves released today

Crazy - I detoured through that area last year on snowmobile trip up to Steamboat. Dropped a pin on OnX and now that’s exactly where they dropped the wolves.

Good looking country - spotted a bunch of rams and mule deer wintering there - NOT anymore - they’ll get munched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hnthrdr

WKR
If that is the release site, I would bet a pretty penny they don’t stick around too long. This will be interesting. For or against wolves… the big issue here is letting voters decide the fate of wildlife in the state.
Absolutely, this was a giant non issue that got forced on a giant portion of the state, wolves are in NoCo all along the Wyo border, the CPW knew this and was putting a management plan in place. This was a thumb in the eye of consumptive use outdoorsmen and ranchers. A local bow shop owner was at a stake holder meeting in 2020, the gov’s husband was there and the issue was brought that this would destroy hunting in Co, the gov’s butt buddy responded by saying that he doesn’t believe humans should hunt anymore… so that is there literal end goal all hunters or people who enjoyed watching abundant wildlife are idiots for voting for this. Like i said if we can’t stop the lion ban next year we are in deep trouble

Overdrive

WKR
I'd rather have the 4 legged transplants than all the 2 legged transplants we have.

Oregon is only giving 10 wolves total, then CPW will be back to finding a state to give them more, see how it plays out over the next 3-5 years of reintroduction.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I'd rather have the 4 legged transplants than all the 2 legged transplants we have.

Oregon is only giving 10 wolves total, then CPW will be back to finding a state to give them more, see how it plays out over the next 3-5 years of reintroduction.
Eh…. It’s not the wolves fault. They will be wolves. But there was a dang good reason our great grandparents did what they did. If the “wolf” people were straight forward and said hey when we get to 300 wolves we will issue tags and they can be hunted, I would agree but anytime you have a completely unchecked apex predator on the landscape it is a really bad idea. Oh and we tax payers have to pay for the cattle they eat and lose all the tag sales revenue when they cut tags since the elk, moose, deer, will be effected. It is the definition of insanity.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
if we can’t stop the lion ban next year we are in deep trouble
That needs to be shot down AND we need an initiative or legislative action banning further ballot box biology and leaving those decisions to the professionals hired by the state who are tasked with management of populations in a sustainable fashion.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I’m
That needs to be shot down AND we need an initiative or legislative action banning further ballot box biology and leaving those decisions to the professionals hired by the state who are tasked with management of populations in a sustainable fashion.
yes the threshold of 125k signatures and a simple majority is mind blowingly stupid. Co is not a state of 800k or even 3 million anymore at 6 million and growing that bar is way way too low

CorbLand

WKR
Eh…. It’s not the wolves fault. They will be wolves. But there was a dang good reason our great grandparents did what they did. If the “wolf” people were straight forward and said hey when we get to 300 wolves we will issue tags and they can be hunted, I would agree but anytime you have a completely unchecked apex predator on the landscape it is a really bad idea. Oh and we tax payers have to pay for the cattle they eat and lose all the tag sales revenue when they cut tags since the elk, moose, deer, will be effected. It is the definition of insanity.
Last time they did that and just kept moving the goal post every time it go close. Its not about reestablishing wolves. Its about making an ungodly amount of money off the lawsuits that will be coming for the next 15 years.

One of the biggest problem is you just dumped a predator in with prey that has never seen them. All the Colorado elk are going to sit there and wonder why Jessicas husky is eating their friend.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Last time they did that and just kept moving the goal post every time it go close. Its not about reestablishing wolves. Its about making an ungodly amount of money off the lawsuits that will be coming for the next 15 years.
Exactly the “other side” has proven time and again to be untrustworthy commie pinkos, which is why it’s about dang time to step up our tactics, they want to play the end justifying the means, i believe those that align with our views can too, probably even better than they can. They just see us as law abiding folks who will tow the line… this time they may be surprised

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Did you see anything about how many they're trying to get to release? 10 plus the ones naturally here seems like a suitable amount to start off with since they are forced to do so. Gives everyone and everything time to adapt before the population exponentially shoots past objectives as lawsuits move the delisting goal posts.

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
I’d turn this into a giant pheasant drive to the north while their general location is known. Seems like it might be a good Rokslide Rally Point event? A casual group “hike” north? 😛

Hnthrdr

WKR
Did you see anything about how many they're trying to get to release? 10 plus the ones naturally here seems like a suitable amount to start off with since they are forced to do so. Gives everyone and everything time to adapt before the population exponentially shoots past objectives as lawsuits move the delisting goal posts.
They want 50 in the first 3-5 years if that is 3-5 packs, each pack has 2-10 more like 4-6 pups a year. Wolves live about 10 years… do the math. Seems like there will be hundreds of wolves in short order. Also read prop 114 they will never be delisted. It was in the the bill. No one read it.

Last edited:

WCB

WKR
This should have been the scene at the release

Attachments

• DancesWithWolves02 (1).jpg
    DancesWithWolves02 (1).jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 96