RMEF - 🚨ATTENTION: live in Colorado? The state senate is scheduled to vote tomorrow on 2 of 3 extremist, anti-hunting candidates nominated

rocknry09

FNG
See full post from RMEF

🚨ATTENTION: live in Colorado? The state senate is scheduled to vote tomorrow on 2 of 3 extremist, anti-hunting candidates nominated to the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission. Use this link to urge senators to REJECT these nominees

#huntingisconservation #rmef

Last edited:

Legend

WKR
The confirmation of those individuals would be an unbelievable change to hunting in Colorado. Good luck

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The confirmation of those individuals would be an unbelievable change to hunting in Colorado. Good luck
Not only that it would be a horrible shift in CO politics in general. IE a Governor completely disregarding the qualifications of folks they nominate for a specifics purpose and instead prioritizing their own personal relationships and interests in a blatantly biased manner which completely fairly to act in good faith towards the citizens they represent. Its the move of someone that feels they are above fairly representing their citizens and is a horribly slippery slope when introduced in politics. The national scale has already gone horribly to shit, we don't need this on the state level here too.

People need to realize this is no longer a what if scenario but its here and knocking on the door. They will stop at nothing and do all they can to take little by little, though lawsuits, shortening seasons, shutting down hunts etc and if it is like Washington, they will flat out disregard what CPW recommends and vote based on their own agenda. That exact thing has happened in Washington and they will do it through flat out lies to the general public.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've emailed my senator (who is a Dem so its important in this situation) but also just gave him a call, I was honestly not expecting him to answer the phone, figured I'd get a secretary or something. Anyways I expressed my concern esp. over Gary Skiba who is supposed to represent our interests on the commission and obviously will not. He said he shared similar concerns, it'll be interesting to review how he votes on this. There was a mention in an older article about him having a hunting/fishing license so hopefully he truly does have concerns that he prioritizes over political party appeasement.

Anyways, call your representatives too! And be prepared for them to actually answer the phone so you don't stumble over your words for a moment like I did. ;)

I've emailed my senator (who is a Dem so its important in this situation) but also just gave him a call, I was honestly not expecting him to answer the phone, figured I'd get a secretary or something. Anyways I expressed my concern esp. over Gary Skiba who is supposed to represent our interests on the commission and obviously will not. He said he shared similar concerns, it'll be interesting to review how he votes on this. There was a mention in an older article about him having a hunting/fishing license so hopefully he truly does have concerns that he prioritizes over political party appeasement.

Anyways, call your representatives too! And be prepared for them to actually answer the phone so you don't stumble over your words for a moment like I did. ;)
Good job!

I just sent an email through the RMEF link. Not sure if I’m too late…

I really like seeing the effort by organizations like RMEF and several others. They’re giving us hunters the tools. We just need to use them to fight the anti hunting agenda.

I just sent an email through the RMEF link. Not sure if I’m too late…

I really like seeing the effort by organizations like RMEF and several others. They’re giving us hunters the tools. We just need to use them to fight the anti hunting agenda.
And quit fighting each other. It's hard to give a shit some days about other state's issues when the residents don't want you, the nonresident, there anyway.