Colorado releases first 5 wolves

intunegp

WKR

Colorado releases 5 wolves under controversial reintroduction program

5 wolves were released in Grand County Monday afternoon. These are the first of the 10-15 per year for the next 5-10 years as called for in the 2020 ballot measure.

The wolves were given the following identifications for tracking, according to CPW:

• 2302-OR: Juvenile female, black color, 68 pounds, Five Points Pack
  • 2303-OR: Juvenile male, gray color, 76 pounds, Five Points Pack
  • 2304-OR: Juvenile female, gray color, 76 pounds, Noregaard Pack
  • 2305-OR: Juvenile male, black color, 93 pounds, Noregaard Pack
  • 2307-OR: Adult male, gray color, 108 pounds, Wenaha Pack

Here we go! Not to spot burn, but does anyone recognize those hills in the background? :ROFLMAO:

OP
I

intunegp

WKR
What’s the Vegas line there is more than one thread on this topic?

Didn't see that before posting because I figured conservation was a more appropriate place for this topic than general discussion so I only checked here. What's the Vegas line that it doesn't matter?

OP
I

intunegp

WKR
"Just doing my job bro"
Same thing the police said when they were arresting 4 year olds for not wearing a mask

It's a fair enough stance but what are they expected to do? If they took a stand and resigned I'm sure there's a line of applicants a mile long that would be happy to replace them and uncage some wolves on TV.

Unlike the police thing where a given officer could just choose to ignore the maskless kid, it's not like these CPW agents can just choose to look the other way and ignore the wolves. They're doing what the voters told them to do and it's unfortunately unavoidable.

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Check the General Discussion Thread. There was a letter sent to nearby large land owners discussing the two released in Heeney. I also live 3ish miles from the release site and word spreads quick.

"Dear ___, As I am sure you all are aware of the recent release of 5 Wolves near Radium Colorado "which is just on the back side of the mountain from ____", Today there were 2 additional wolves released just south of Green Mountain Reservoir between ______ and Silverthorne. This location is only a few miles south of the Ranch. Due to personnel safety and preventing the general public from following CPW vehicles and personnel, they have decided not to make any further press releases on the Wolf release until the project is complete.

Please note the severity and proximity of the situation to the Ranch. CPW is not notifying anyone of the location of the release of the wolves nor are they communicating with landowners or agricultural producers of the process of the project. We are relying on local knowledge and first hand sightings to keep people aware.
If you feel you see what may be a Wolf, Please reach out to staff."

Last edited: