Colorado wolves released today

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
So, I imagine CDOT is already in the process of designing new elk crossing signs for the highways that will now have elk being chased by wolves! Proud wolf voters will be stopping to take pictures with the signs.

As a hunter, I will need to understand what my rights are to protect my elk as I'm processing it or as it hangs.

ckleeves

WKR
Anyone know when we can get the grizzly on a ballot?? Lets do this eco thing properly. Boulder County should be a good release area!
I have been thinking this same thing. Let’s gather the sigs and make it happen now that wildlife management is up for public vote. Boulder county is great Griz habitat, and historically they called it home. I feel it’s only right to give it back to those majestic creatures.

We can run tv adds targeted area by area, on the western slope they will be a “remember that whole wolf deal” themed, on the front range they will be cute grizzle cubs playing and maps centered on Boulder county of lost grizzly habitat by the white man!

SwiftShot

WKR
I am going to point out to the people of Colorado. How dangerous it will be if a dog that had distemper got around those wolves. Wolves are not immune to distemper and it lives in the soil for a long time. It woud be terrible if an animal that had distemper or the soil from its kennel was to make it up near an wolf kill. It could wipe out the whole pack. So be careful.

Last edited:

jmez

WKR
Distemper is extremely unstable in the environment. Doesn't stick around long. Hours if temps are above freezing.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Wow. Those things are going to drop right into the gore range / green mountain reservoir area. I love coyote hunting up in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If anything like GYE, the wolves will largely displace the coyotes, the same as coyotes can displace foxes. Canines seem to have a big fish eats little fish order.

Elk97

WKR
Distemper is extremely unstable in the environment. Doesn't stick around long. Hours if temps are above freezing.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk
It lasts for years in soil. We couldn't even have cats on the place because distemper was in the soil in the barns

Trapping is already outlawed, I could see some pissed off ranchers getting creative, but it’s about to be doom loop. There are a ton of recreationists and folks out and about at all hours and all times in Co, will be interesting to see how or when the conflicts come. Will probably take a while (with humans) but now there is usually an aggressive Mt lion or 5 killed every archery season with that many boots on the ground bound to have some run ins
We don't have near the recreationists that you do, but we don't really hear about run ins with wolves and hikers up here. I'm sure it happens, but don't really know on what scale.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
A couple things; 1- We are not helping ourselves with the comments to hypothetically do illegal things. We will never win over the undecided unless we have some scientific and intelligent talking points that aren’t buried in nonsense.
2- The sexual orientation of the governor of Colorado has nothing to do with this. These comments will be deleted.
3- Too much of the above will get this thread shut down as we don’t need negative press from it.