Cold Bore Challenge Q&A Thread

Your post in the official thread is #63, limited to 100 people. Yes there is room but you cannot post on the official thread until you have shot. Then you edit that post with your subsequent shots.
Awesome I will go shoot tonight- Id like to set my MER to 800 yards so I guess I will proof it and film that- and then tommorow I can jump out to 800 and film that- If i am understanding this correctly?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Only about 40 spots left. Better get your shots in if you want to have a chance at those great prizes!

id_jon

WKR
Didn't want to include this in my entry post, page three #54, but after my second day miss at 600ish(629, couldn't find a suitable position inside 625), I had to send some follow up rounds to make sure I'm only slightly incompetent and not completely incompetent.
Missed my cold bore off the right edge with .5 on center, so I put 1.0 on center and sent it, off the left 🙄. Put .5 just left of center(my initial wind call that I missed with was .5 in the center) and proceeded to put 3/4 inside the 10" circle 😂

Updated my submission. Today was better than Saturday for sure. Moved my shooting position a from where I shot the other day in order to set the tripod up a little lower. Kind of disappointed with my first shot after my showing today. This has been a pretty fun and eye opening exercise.

BjornF16

WKR
Three years ago I couldn’t have accomplished a hit on cold bore shot beyond 350 yards on a 10” target.

I’ve learned an immense amount of great info on all aspects of shooting; particularly on establishing a solid zero. Thanks Roksliders!

I’m post #71 with first day hit at 565 yards.

@Justin Crossley never did hear back if 565 yards will allow me to qualify for > 600 yards MER.

NBD if not; I scooted back 5 yards from firing line (nobody else shooting). Didn’t feel comfortable scooting back another 10 yards.

Fatcamp

WKR
We checked 100 yard zero last night.

The confidence I built on our trip out west took a hit. Either way, we have time and space to shoot Friday morning.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Three years ago I couldn’t have accomplished a hit on cold bore shot beyond 350 yards on a 10” target.

I’ve learned an immense amount of great info on all aspects of shooting; particularly on establishing a solid zero. Thanks Roksliders!

I’m post #71 with first day hit at 565 yards.

@Justin Crossley never did hear back if 565 yards will allow me to qualify for > 600 yards MER.

NBD if not; I scooted back 5 yards from firing line (nobody else shooting). Didn’t feel comfortable scooting back another 10 yards.
That qualifies man.