Cold Bore Challenge Q&A Thread

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Been on the road the past month but finally in a spot I can shoot. Hopefully there is a spot, if so I’ll get the first up tomorrow. Enjoying everyone’s submissions.

Finished up this morning. Found a cool new place to shoot yesterday and did shots 3 and 4 from there. Thanks to the mods for putting this on! Was a blast. Had pretty easy conditions with the exception of day 2 which really helped…beyond having a reliable system the wind IMO is everything!

slim23

Lil-Rokslider
thanks guys! wish i could have had the shot on video. perfect hit right behind shoulder and took out opposite shoulder. dropped and rolled down the hill.
tried 2 times to get the video and by the time i got everything set up he was behind another tree and i had to move again. By the 3rd time i decided it was time to kill. You can see the blood from the entrance here. Excited to keep shooting!6A531469-4935-4728-9339-54DDB1C6937D.jpeg

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
thanks guys! wish i could have had the shot on video. perfect hit right behind shoulder and took out opposite shoulder. dropped and rolled down the hill.
tried 2 times to get the video and by the time i got everything set up he was behind another tree and i had to move again. By the 3rd time i decided it was time to kill. You can see the blood from the entrance here. Excited to keep shooting!View attachment 562575
Regardless of who wins the prize I'm pretty sure you just won the cold bore challenge. Lol

Geewhiz

WKR
Post #5

Not quite what I expected this morning. Shot my second MER shot at 610. Ultimately the blame is on me b/c I failed to notice/double check but my suppressor was not fully threaded onto the muzzle resulting in a catastrophic failure. Nobody was hurt with the exception of my ego but it was a lesson learned. As the shot broke I saw one heck of a muzzle flash and i looked up to see my suppressor cartwheeling through the air at the 50 yard line. 🤦‍♂️ Needless to say I missed.

***PSA: Even though it seams obvious, don’t get complacent and make sure your suppressor is fully threaded and seated correctly. Double check your setup and let my screw up save you a headache.***

Tbac pls hlp 😞

Attachments

• IMG_1883.jpeg
    IMG_1883.jpeg
    469.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1884.jpeg
    IMG_1884.jpeg
    455.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Post #5

Not quite what I expected this morning. Shot my second MER shot at 610. Ultimately the blame is on me b/c I failed to notice/double check but my suppressor was not fully threaded onto the muzzle resulting in a catastrophic failure. Nobody was hurt with the exception of my ego but it was a lesson learned. As the shot broke I saw one heck of a muzzle flash and i looked up to see my suppressor cartwheeling through the air at the 50 yard line. Needless to say I missed.

***PSA: Even though it seams obvious, don’t get complacent and make sure your suppressor is fully threaded and seated correctly. ***

Tbac pls hlp
Damn that's an expensive experience. Glad you came though unscathed

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I’ve been rushing to get this new rifle finished and my dope for it confirmed since this started. I was finally ok with sending it from what I had seen so far and the rifle is shooting well.

Today I made the mistake I’ve never made before on a cold bore shot. The morning was perfect, the wind call was small (NNW at 4 gusting to I’ll guess 7-10). I took my time felt fantastic and proceeded to take a beautiful shot into the dirt as I watched my impact at 200 yards below a 600 yard plate.

I forgot to dial elevation.

I don’t think I deserve to be included in the raffle due to it, but I do deserve the shame, so I’ll post it here. I’m glad the mistake I made wouldn’t have injured something in a field scenario, but that hurts the soul.

Hopefully this will help me in the future!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve been rushing to get this new rifle finished and my dope for it confirmed since this started. I was finally ok with sending it from what I had seen so far and the rifle is shooting well.

Today I made the mistake I’ve never made before on a cold bore shot. The morning was perfect, the wind call was small (NNW at 4 gusting to I’ll guess 7-10). I took my time felt fantastic and proceeded to take a beautiful shot into the dirt as I watched my impact at 200 yards below a 600 yard plate.

I forgot to dial elevation.

I don’t think I deserve to be included in the raffle due to it, but I do deserve the shame, so I’ll post it here. I’m glad the mistake I made wouldn’t have injured something in a field scenario, but that hurts the soul.

Hopefully this will help me in the future!
Brother, that’s part of the game.

I used the wrong pin on day one of the archery CBC—the equivalent of not dialing.

No shame man, get your entry in. You’ll likely not forget again...

Under our equipment failure rule, you can either 1) count that as a shot, or 2) forget it and start over.

Then get ready for your 2nd shot and nail it!

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider
Post #5

Not quite what I expected this morning. Shot my second MER shot at 610. Ultimately the blame is on me b/c I failed to notice/double check but my suppressor was not fully threaded onto the muzzle resulting in a catastrophic failure. Nobody was hurt with the exception of my ego but it was a lesson learned. As the shot broke I saw one heck of a muzzle flash and i looked up to see my suppressor cartwheeling through the air at the 50 yard line. 🤦‍♂️ Needless to say I missed.

***PSA: Even though it seams obvious, don’t get complacent and make sure your suppressor is fully threaded and seated correctly. ***

Tbac pls hlp 😞
That's a tough one. Hopefully gets fixed with out too much time/$$ needed.

I used to play the game of trying to get my Ultra7 snug but not too tight. Shot a long range class a couple years ago, instructor basically said he cranks his cans on as tight as he can. He'd rather have to get a strap wrench to get it off than have it work loose and affect POI or get a baffle strike.

I've adopted that, and now after getting it carbon locked on a mount once I've also adopted CLR-ing the can when needed.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Post #5

Tbac pls hlp 😞
Bummer but that falls under equipment failure and you‘re still qualified to enter.

you can either 1) count that as a shot, or 2) forget it and start over.

I had an arrow bounce out of the Matrix (not uncommon with a SEVR in practice mode), guys have broken rests, arrows, etc. This is like hunting, stuff happens. And it’s part of the learning process.