CO Mountain Lion Ballot Initiative: Continuous Updates

Been watching this pretty close and have donated a few hundred dollars from Arizona to CRWM. Was up in Golden for my daughter's college visit to Mines the week of July 4th and ran across a few signature gatherers. I was shocked at the level of vitriol and flat out lies that they were spewing. If what I saw is representative of the larger electorate in CO, I'm not sure any amount of education and outreach will change minds.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Been watching this pretty close and have donated a few hundred dollars from Arizona to CRWM. Was up in Golden for my daughter's college visit to Mines the week of July 4th and ran across a few signature gatherers. I was shocked at the level of vitriol and flat out lies that they were spewing. If what I saw is representative of the larger electorate in CO, I'm not sure any amount of education and outreach will change minds.
Golden is Boulder adjacent (which went from classic liberal, IE you do you, to super lefty we want to control you), the rest of Colorado is not THAT bad even on the front range. Keep in mind the gathers are either rabid fans of the measure or literally paid players so I wouldn’t directly associate their lies and circus with the overall people.

Still we need to stay on top of this cause the liars will do their thing.

Mtndawger

FNG
Thanks for your support. We need it for sure in Colorado, but the fact of the matter is that these types of initiatives are going to become even more common nationally if we lose this one here. It’s important to remember the wolf initiative passed by +/- 1% of the vote. That one caught us sleeping. That said, there has been a lot of effort put into educating the general public about big cat management in Colorado and the role hunting in general plays in game population mgmt of all kinds. And, anecdotally, I’ve talked to a fair share of people who voted for the wolf initiative who would recant if they could. The problems and issues raised by it were an unexpected outcome. So we’re talking about a couple percentage points swing to be successful; which indicates to me that the state still has a fair share of reasonable thinking voters.