Budweiser both at Strugis

jimh406

WKR
My brother and sister have both been PETA and HSUS members. Should I cut them out of my life too?

As noted by someone else, it's a product not a group or relative.

If your brother and sister promoted their groups to you at every family gathering, you might spend less time with them. I'm assuming they keep their opinions mostly to themselves at gatherings. That's what many of us want businesses to do ... keep their opinions and personal agendas to themselves. If they don't, we respond accordingly.

Ten Bears

WKR
It wasn't even an ad campaign.

How is making and giving someone a few cans shoving it down your throat? It's not like all the cans at your local store had her picture.

It's exactly the same as "cancel culture"

But it was an ad campaign. Just in the terms of todays advertising. Find a cause and an influencer. Create a story that feels good and natural and hope it goes viral. Which it did.

And they are shoving it down people’s throats. They have internal data on their entire consumer base. But the dumb woke marketing genius they employed was too arrogant to live in reality. Instead she used an entire group of folks cause and tried to use it to change the optics of their brand.

Who really should be mad are trans folks, and whatever other “cause du jour” some smug marketing exec tries to milk for selfish purposes. It’s gross and so transparent that even us knuckledraggers can see through it in seconds. In turn it has only created resentment.

Htm84

WKR
But it was an ad campaign. Just in the terms of todays advertising. Find a cause and an influencer. Create a story that feels good and natural and hope it goes viral. Which it did.

And they are shoving it down people’s throats. They have internal data on their entire consumer base. But the dumb woke marketing genius they employed was too arrogant to live in reality. Instead she used an entire group of folks cause and tried to use it to change the optics of their brand.

Who really should be mad are trans folks, and whatever other “cause du jour” some smug marketing exec tries to milk for selfish purposes. It’s gross and so transparent that even us knuckledraggers can see through it in seconds. In turn it has only created resentment.

Are they really “shoving it down people’s throats” when you guys go out of your way to look at it? Believe it or not I don’t get videos of sissies wearing dresses recommended and my friends don’t send them to me. So guess what. I don’t have to look at that goof ball shit.

Ten Bears

WKR
Are they really “shoving it down people’s throats” when you guys go out of your way to look at it? Believe it or not I don’t get videos of sissies wearing dresses recommended and my friends don’t send them to me. So guess what. I don’t have to look at that goof ball shit.

I have never owned a social media account in my life outside of this, but I read independent news. The entire point of advertising and especially good advertising is for the message/product they designed to spread organically to reach as many people as possible. Which in this case they achieved.

So to answer your incredibly obtuse and quite frankly pointless comment, yes they are "shoving it down throats' per se...

It’s my belief that AB response was as much if not more of a cause to people not purchasing the stuff.

There hasn’t been a good beer made since Hamm’s. Well maybe not but I sure do miss those commercials.

Ah, did the snowflake get triggered and questions his masculinity because of the queen of beers?

couldn't resist. lol
Ok chief, go on banging that keyboard I guess? I stated a fact, this wasn't an isolated campaign and they're all about that trend. Keep sticking that pinky up sipping your Bud Light though, you do you.

Rob5589

WKR
The offensive part I hear from people is the "365 days of girlhood" Mulvaney proclaimed. It's not just BL; Maybelline make-up, Nike sports bras, Kate Spade purses, etc. None of these companies could find an actual woman worthwhile to be the face of their campaigns? Not one hard working mother; military veteran; nurse, etc? They all used Mulvaney to exploit and attempt to profit from him being trans.

gearguywb

WKR
It wasn't even an ad campaign.

How is making and giving someone a few cans shoving it down your throat? It's not like all the cans at your local store had her picture.

It's exactly the same as "cancel culture"
The point right there. It's not "her". If you feel like something, doesn't make it so. To have corporate America promote it is getting ridiculous. When you choose individuals for positions of prominence due to what they "identify" as is ridiculous.

Man I didn’t know any of this before. Simply ignored and moved on. I feel like you guys are shoving this all down my throat

Like it or not, that population of people and sympathizers are a growing contingent. They have money to spend and for profit companies will target them. That’s capitalism right?

Btaylor

WKR
Like it or not, that population of people and sympathizers are a growing contingent. They have money to spend and for profit companies will target them. That’s capitalism right?
No it wasnt capitalism, the results of which are evident in their P&L since the decision to move in that particular direction. There is a distinct difference in being a contingent and being a market. A capitalist wants to garner and control a market. An idealist will chase the contingent.

No it wasnt capitalism, the results of which are evident in their P&L since the decision to move in that particular direction. There is a distinct difference in being a contingent and being a market. A capitalist wants to garner and control a market. An idealist will chase the contingent.

OK? Some foreign company wants to chase a contingent. I still don’t see a reason to get wrapped around the axle here.

Beer is dying anyway, let them have it. Me and my bros only smash Mtn Ops flavored white claws anyway. None of that Pilsner stuff.

Man I didn’t know any of this before. Simply ignored and moved on. I feel like you guys are shoving this all down my throat

Exactly, the publicity comes from the people who are upset. It's on my radar because my far right friends posted it all over Facebook.

Referring to someone as they want to be referred to doesn't hurt me, and seems like human decency. #freedom

Good rant

IdahoBeav

WKR
She's not having any impact on my life, beliefs, activities, or decisions. So I don't care.

My brother and sister have both been PETA and HSUS members. Should I cut them out of my life too?
You know very well that the movement is not about adults living their lives as they see fit, without harming anyone. Are there bigots that are just out to hate on trans people, of course, but the way the movement, with the help of politicians and the medical industrial complex, has prayed on highly impressionable and vulnerable youth is sickening and absolutely ridiculous.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I don't agree at all with this being what most consider cancel culture. There is a difference between cancel culture and voting with your wallet. Basically everyone I know who no longer drinks BL just simply started quietly voting with their wallet and could care less if others still drink it or not. Most are not on social media screaming to the masses to "boycott", although there are no doubt several that are (I think those are the far-right dudes and most of us agree there is very little difference between the thought process of the far right and far left so it's of no surprise). That's what I consider cancel culture. Most of us on here have been part of the voiceless and silent majority that are sick of certain ideology being forced down ours and our family's throats. It's got to the point where there's only one way to throttle this stuff and it just happens to be the pocketbooks of large corporations (we all know most don't really believe this stuff, they're just pandering to what they believe is popular; so it's easy to sway them back to center when they feel it in their end of year bonus and shareholder checks).

It's true that most just switched to a different beer company that likely still hates the consumer's way of life just as much as AB; but at least those companies will now think twice about shoving their garbage ideals down our throats at every opportunity. It was extremely noticeable during "pride month" that corporations have noticed and throttled back the LGBT propaganda massively. When even companies like Starbucks are shifting course, you know that people's voices were heard with this whole deal.

When I purchase any consumer item or join a conservation org, I try to look at their core values and I quietly proceed or do not and move on with my life. There are organizations I've silently stopped supporting and companies I've stopped buying from based on their change in messaging. I don't consider that cancel culture and I think that's what most have done with BL. I've personally never drank a BL that wasn't free and never planned to before this whole fiasco.
Yeah it’s never “cancel culture” when you agree with it. (Except that’s exactly what it is).

At least own it. Don’t try to justify your actions like a liberal.