Budweiser both at Strugis

Yeah if it wasn't a financial benefit, the rally wouldn't exist. It's allowed to happen by all the local govs collectively. It's allowed by the government. As much as the rally wants to brag about being a big free bike rally... It never can be.

Having lived in the Black Hills I can confirm the Rally is EXACTLY like the South Park episode. If the people that live there didn't benefit financially from the rally, those bikers would have been ran off a long time ago. Never been around a faker group of people lol. A solid 50% think a lot more of their selves than they should. So not drinking bud is really just another fake way for fake tough guys to try and look tough lol. "Hey let's go grab a bud light!", "What?! I don't drink that trans beer! Let's go watch dee snider I think he has his wig and make up on and there is a sale on leather outfits on the way! We can make sure our leather matches and then after the concert we can drink some Mike's hard lemonade and go rev our bikes in the suburbs so people see how tough we are!". "Hell yeah brother we're tough guys aren't we!?" "Yeah brother, can you powder my legs before I pully leather pants on?"...
Your comment gave me a laugh because of how accurate it is. It’s a great synopsis of a large majority of so called bikers. Sons of Anarchy and glamorization of the badass biker image inspired a bunch of middle age wannabes to wear vests and ride from their house to the Harley dealer then to the bar to loud talk and impress each other with their cool goatees and leather vests.

Your comment gave me a laugh because of how accurate it is. It’s a great synopsis of a large majority of so called bikers. Sons of Anarchy and glamorization of the badass biker image inspired a bunch of middle age wannabes to wear vests and ride from their house to the Harley dealer then to the bar to loud talk and impress each other with their cool goatees and leather vests.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230813-235505.png
    Screenshot_20230813-235505.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
Bikers are all different types of people. The only thing in common is their bikes have 2 and sometimes 3 wheels.

I read that Coors has picked up most of the light business. I don't drink lights, but I doubt taste was much of a choice in why people are drinking light beer. For that matter, I don't taste much of a difference for any of the Budweiser/Coors/Miller/etc beers which I also rarely drink.

It was far too easy for people to buy something else.
Nationality it's Modelo that picked up the market share.

Backyard

WKR
I used to work with a guy that rode a bike and went to the rally every year. He trailered his bike both ways and tons of others do the same, kinda like hauling a dirt bike to an OHV area.

It might be because they’re getting there quicker by switching drivers and running straight through. Then they’re not only rested when they get there but they get there with more days left of their vacation to enjoy doing what they choose to do on vacation, regardless of what someone that doesn’t understand thinks.
Don’t judge.
My wife and I don’t do Sturgis anymore because of the circus atmosphere. But we do trailer across nothing states to get to where we want to be quickly so we can enjoy doing what we enjoy longer before having to go back to the grind. Every year.
Then I elk hunt…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah if it wasn't a financial benefit, the rally wouldn't exist. It's allowed to happen by all the local govs collectively. It's allowed by the government. As much as the rally wants to brag about being a big free bike rally... It never can be.
Having grown up in Sturgis, it is a huge money grab for the locals and that is great. My parents taxes are still relatively low and I have a lot of classmates that are doing really well because of it. Pays for a lot of city services that the residents don't have to. I haven't been there during the rally in many many years, but was just there mid July (for a TAC event no less) and it was already starting to get active. As far as the bud light thing, I never drank it anyway. That said if you boycott it, there are lot of other beers made by AB too. Aren't they all one in the same?

There was some other stuff to drink. I wouldn’t touch it regardless but I see what you mean. Some people get mad about us boycotting and I acknowledge this is childish but…. This is cancel culture at its finest, most of us conservatives hate cancel culture but we saw how effective and they started it
I don't agree at all with this being what most consider cancel culture. There is a difference between cancel culture and voting with your wallet. Basically everyone I know who no longer drinks BL just simply started quietly voting with their wallet and could care less if others still drink it or not. Most are not on social media screaming to the masses to "boycott", although there are no doubt several that are (I think those are the far-right dudes and most of us agree there is very little difference between the thought process of the far right and far left so it's of no surprise). That's what I consider cancel culture. Most of us on here have been part of the voiceless and silent majority that are sick of certain ideology being forced down ours and our family's throats. It's got to the point where there's only one way to throttle this stuff and it just happens to be the pocketbooks of large corporations (we all know most don't really believe this stuff, they're just pandering to what they believe is popular; so it's easy to sway them back to center when they feel it in their end of year bonus and shareholder checks).

It's true that most just switched to a different beer company that likely still hates the consumer's way of life just as much as AB; but at least those companies will now think twice about shoving their garbage ideals down our throats at every opportunity. It was extremely noticeable during "pride month" that corporations have noticed and throttled back the LGBT propaganda massively. When even companies like Starbucks are shifting course, you know that people's voices were heard with this whole deal.

When I purchase any consumer item or join a conservation org, I try to look at their core values and I quietly proceed or do not and move on with my life. There are organizations I've silently stopped supporting and companies I've stopped buying from based on their change in messaging. I don't consider that cancel culture and I think that's what most have done with BL. I've personally never drank a BL that wasn't free and never planned to before this whole fiasco.

I don't agree at all with this being what most consider cancel culture. There is a difference between cancel culture and voting with your wallet. Basically everyone I know who no longer drinks BL just simply started quietly voting with their wallet and could care less if others still drink it or not. Most are not on social media screaming to the masses to "boycott", although there are no doubt several that are (I think those are the far-right dudes and most of us agree there is very little difference between the thought process of the far right and far left so it's of no surprise). That's what I consider cancel culture. Most of us on here have been part of the voiceless and silent majority that are sick of certain ideology being forced down ours and our family's throats. It's got to the point where there's only one way to throttle this stuff and it just happens to be the pocketbooks of large corporations (we all know most don't really believe this stuff, they're just pandering to what they believe is popular; so it's easy to sway them back to center when they feel it in their end of year bonus and shareholder checks).

It's true that most just switched to a different beer company that likely still hates the consumer's way of life just as much as AB; but at least those companies will now think twice about shoving their garbage ideals down our throats at every opportunity. It was extremely noticeable during "pride month" that corporations have noticed and throttled back the LGBT propaganda massively. When even companies like Starbucks are shifting course, you know that people's voices were heard with this whole deal.

When I purchase any consumer item or join a conservation org, I try to look at their core values and I quietly proceed or do not and move on with my life. There are organizations I've silently stopped supporting and companies I've stopped buying from based on their change in messaging. I don't consider that cancel culture and I think that's what most have done with BL. I've personally never drank a BL that wasn't free and never planned to before this whole fiasco.
It wasn't even an ad campaign.

How is making and giving someone a few cans shoving it down your throat? It's not like all the cans at your local store had her picture.

It's exactly the same as "cancel culture"

It wasn't even an ad campaign.

How is making and giving someone a few cans shoving it down your throat? It's not like all the cans at your local store had her picture.

It's exactly the same as "cancel culture"
Ok.

Everyone has their own "enough is enough" line. Whether yours was or was not reached or what it takes in order to reach yours (or mine) is irrelevant. Not sure how many tens of millions of people stopped drinking AB products, but it's bold to speak to all of their intentions in relation to the whole ordeal. I can speak to what I've discussed with those closest to me and their reasoning is as described above. And as I stated, there are clearly a good portion that also fall directly in the textbook cancel culture crowd; probably half of the people that have shelved AB products honestly.

Have a good one.

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
My dad used to drive truck OTR. He used to talk about seeing lots of bikes on trailers headed to and from Sturgis around that timeframe. His opinion was that a lot of casual bikers would trailer until they were 50 mi away or so, park their vehicles, and then ride in like real hard-core bikers.

It's just an assumption from an observation, but this is the internet, so.......
Lot of that takes place. Some of those bikes are tough on the older guys

Some good names i have heard about bud light:
tranny fluid
queer beer
butt light

what can i say, i like my tranny fluid, never been able to enjoy the crap, o i mean craft beers. For the life of me, i can not understand the IPA craze.

8grenade

FNG

Don't bother, He prolly a Xiden crowd.

jimh406

WKR
For the life of me, i can not understand the IPA craze.
Not all IPAs are the same. They can have radically different taste and ingredients. It's like a lot of other things, some are horrible, some are ok, and some are great.

The key is finding ones that you like, but of course, I can see why that might be too much trouble if you already have something you like to drink.