2024 Cold Bore Challenge Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvey_NW

WKR
I’m just going to shoot cold bore shots from both rifles on the morning of June 1st and video them.
If it's the same rules as last year it was 1 cold bore shot per day, same rifle, no shooting in between, to complete the challenge and qualify for the prizes at least.

huntnful

WKR
I concur. I double dog dare you to claim a MER of >1k

To be fair we haven't seen anything posted about anything when it comes to rules for this years challenge.
I could say 1200 yards just to show how easy it is to miss at that distance lol.

1000 yards is truly unlikely for back to back first round impacts. The “cold bore” part doesn’t really do anything. But making a first shot almost perfect environmental read, as well as pairing it with the dispersion of the rifle humbles me basically every time I shop hahaha.

huntnful

WKR
If it's the same rules as last year it was 1 cold bore shot per day, same rifle, no shooting in between, to complete the challenge and qualify for the prizes at least.
Yeah I read that, but I was going to do it with 2 different rifles, since I hunt with both of them.

If only one counts, no big deal. But if I’m driving out there, no reason not to cold bore them both each time IMO.

I’ll wait to see the legit guidelines though for sure.

huntnful

WKR
Yeah it is. Dragon Targets is the best place I've found to buy AR500. Reasonably priced.

:ROFLMAO:

I heard a rumor they’re going to post the new rules at midnight alaska time tonight, so all the eager boys and girls can wake up and open it like a present on Christmas morning.
hahahaha oh perfect, I'll stay up all night refreshing my page :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I read that, but I was going to do it with 2 different rifles, since I hunt with both of them.

If only one counts, no big deal. But if I’m driving out there, no reason not to cold bore them both each time IMO.

I’ll wait to see the legit guidelines though for sure.
According to the rules, that would disqualify both entries. The Cold Core Challenge isn't about how your rifle shoots, its the shooter being Cold. Taking more than one shot on any of the days, or between the time you take your day one shot and the last, is not allowed. Atleast that is how last years challenge was run and also the same for the Cold Bow Challenge each year.

Last edited:

huntnful

WKR
According to the rules, that would disqualify both entries. The Cold Core Challenge isn't about how your rifle shoots, its the shooter being Cold. Taking more than one shot on any of the days, or between the time you take your day one shot and the last, is not allowed. Atleast that is how last years challenge was run and also the same for the Cold Bow Challenge each year.
Yeah that makes sense. Then if you miss a wind call with one rifle, you can correct with the next. So it’s not really a legit comparison.

Cool just bought the 10" gong. Thanks!
You bet!!

If you go into the “shapes” category, that’s where I got the 18x24” plates

Yeah that makes sense. Then if you miss a wind call with one rifle, you can correct with the next. So it’s not really a legit comparison.

You bet!!

If you go into the “shapes” category, that’s where I got the 18x24” plates

Have you used their stands? I'm wondering how well this single stand would work shooting it at distance... 600ish yds.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member

Official thread is up, please read, review, and understand the requirements before entering the challenge. Good luck this year

Ask your questions here- https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/2024-cold-bore-challenge-q-a-thread.360763/post-3655848

Last edited:

huntnful

WKR

Official thread is up, please read, review, and understand the requirements before entering the challenge. Good luck this year
There it is!

I’m nervous haha. Might run out and shoot a lil practice shot today 🤞🏽

mxgsfmdpx

WKR

Ask your questions here- https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/2024-cold-bore-challenge-q-a-thread.360763/post-3655848
Thanks Sam!

Status
Not open for further replies.