2024 Cold Bore Challenge Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following. This was an awesome challenge last year. Planning on having my daughter and son try shooting it with me.

TX_Diver

WKR
Just an update:

It’s gonna run from June 1 till July 14.

It must be videoed to enter

Same basic rules from last year, there are a couple tweaks.
Hi @Ryan Avery

Any update on this with the start this week?

I'd like to complete this early as I'm going to be moving pretty soon here. Can I shoot June 1 with the same rules as last year (videoing both shots?) or is there other info needed.

Thanks for putting this one on again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Juan_ID

WKR
Planning to shoot again, haven’t shot as much as I did last year but planning on using my new 22GT as it will likely be what I hunt with this year. Also looking to try and find a new spot to shoot at just to change up the scenery. Hoping for around 600 yards

dirtshooter

Lil-Rokslider
Where are the official rules for those of us that haven't participated before?

huntnful

WKR
I’m just going to shoot cold bore shots from both rifles on the morning of June 1st and video them.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I take a lot of longish range cold bore shots, but they are never videoed. Anyone have reccomendations for how to video the shooter and the target?

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I take a lot of longish range cold bore shots, but they are never videoed. Anyone have reccomendations for how to video the shooter and the target?
I'm thinking I'll use my mag view, show target, spin phone to see shooter/shot, then spin back to target to show impact (hopefully)

Geewhiz

WKR
I'm thinking I'll use my mag view, show target, spin phone to see shooter/shot, then spin back to target to show impact (hopefully)
Did I miss the rule where it said both the shooter and the shot/ impact has to be on video? Or is a vapor trail and impact sufficient?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I know literally nothing about videoing shots haha. That gear was always set up by the varmint hunters association for us for qualifying long range kills.

I just want to shoot.

Maybe I’ll invite a friend to video the shot? Then have phone scope with 15 power binoculars at the target? You guys think that will be enough magnification to see an 8” target get hit?

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Shooter process/positioning/environment is just more interesting to me than a bunch of phone scope impacts or misses🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ll do whatever the rule is. I understand wanting anonymity, so shooter may not be what is desired. I just keep my back to the camera.

Macintosh

WKR
Dont own a phonescope, and at this point its too late to use this as an excuse to get one, so I’ll likely rubber band my iphone to a tree or tripod and count on the sweet, sweet sound of lead ringing steel to be sort of audible.

But I have to admit that the suspense and hinted rule tweaks are killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.