2023 Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a teaser, the hit rate between broadhead and fieldpoint is surprisingly close.
Atleast, surprisingly to me.
Can’t wait! As you probably know that list is finalized. Working on the Winners right now.

CorbLand

WKR
Most common brand of bow and sight listed. Number in () is the number of people using the item.
Bow BrandSight
1​
Hoyt (27)
1​
Black Gold (29)
2​
Mathews (24)
2​
Spott Hogg (15)
3​
Elite (12)
3​
CBE (6)

I will put this all into a better table at the end and #TheLegend will post it up.

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
Dont worry trad guys, while you are all a little weird, I didnt forget about you. I will say that I did not track this as closely as the I did the compound but here is what I have for you.

MERHit
Average
22.25​
Average
2.625​
Median
20​
Median
2.5​
Max
40​
Min
15​

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the first little bit I have done.
For the compound bows
MERHit
Average
56​
Average
3.44​
Median
55​
Median
4​
Max
100​
FP Avg
3.69​
Min
20​
FP Median
4​
BH Avg
3.35​
BH Median
4​
This is so cool! Based on that, seems like getting the extra entries for Broadheads is a no brained. i thought there’d be a bigger difference between FP vs BH

Remind us what‘s the difference between Median and Avg. Google is just too hard

CorbLand

WKR
This is so cool! Based on that, seems like getting the extra entries for Broadheads is a no brained. i thought there’d be a bigger difference between FP vs BH

Remind us what‘s the difference between Median and Avg. Google is just too hard
Average is based on the sum of all the entries.
Median is the direct middle of all the entries.

Generally, median is a better metric as it isnt swayed by a large number. IE, do you remember all of those security system companies that use to try to get you to work for them and would say "our average salesman makes 80,000 in a summer?" Well, one top salesman can sway that average pretty good. Say you have three salesman. One makes 10,000, the other makes 15,000 and the third makes 75,000. The average salesman made 33,333.33 but two of the three were well below that. The median would be a better metric as it is 15,000.

I am far from an expert, so if I have any of this wrong, please correct me.

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the Winners list for the 2023 Cold Bow Challenge
PackageWinner
Iron will packageCjdewese
Mtn ToughNPhunter
PhoneskopeJlw0142
Pyro PuttyWicked_redemtion_calls
Vortex crossfire 1400BRtreedogs
ONX elite membershipAW Copeland
ArgaliCMF
Black OvisJstumbaugh
CrispiH2s04
SKREDoverpack12

@cjdewese @nphunter @jlw0142 @Wicked_Redemption_Calls @BRTreedogs @awcopeland @CMF @Jstumbaugh @h2so4 @doverpack12

Congrats to those archers! Please hit me at [email protected] by June 9 or we could draw for an alternate.

Thanks everyone for supporting the challenge. Our hope, along with our sponsors, are that it makes you an all around better hunter capable of making better shot decisions—the animals deserve it.

NDGuy

WKR
Someday I will win...

giphy.gif

Here is the first little bit I have done.
For the compound bows
MERHit
Average
56​
Average
3.44​
Median
55​
Median
4​
Max
100​
FP Avg
3.69​
Min
20​
FP Median
4​
BH Avg
3.35​
BH Median
4​
This is impressively good IMO. Also, I had to use the old google machine to remind myself the difference between mean and median.

PackageWinner
Mtn ToughNPhunter
PhoneskopeJlw0142
ArgaliCMF
Black OvisJstumbaugh
CrispiH2s04
SKREDoverpack12

@cjdewese @nphunter @jlw0142 @Wicked_Redemption_Calls @BRTreedogs @awcopeland @CMF @Jstumbaugh @h2so4 @doverpack12

Congrats to those archers! Please hit me at [email protected] by June 9 or we could draw for an alternate.

Thanks everyone for supporting the challenge. Our hope, along with our sponsors, are that it makes you an all around better hunter capable of making better shot decisions—the animals deserve it.
Ya hooo

I needed a win
It has been a heck of a week.

Jethro

WKR
Thought maybe my luck would continue after being a winner in the Robby finally shot another mule deer premier drawing. But it wasn't to be. Congrats to all you winners. Thanks again to Robby, the Mods, and the sponsors for hosting. Shout out to @CorbLand for running stats.

nphunter

WKR
PackageWinner
Mtn ToughNPhunter
PhoneskopeJlw0142
ArgaliCMF
Black OvisJstumbaugh
CrispiH2s04
SKREDoverpack12

Awesome!! Thank You!!