2023 Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

Fatcamp

WKR
Bow is shooting well. Probably won't start tomorrow, though. Need to fine tune some stuff.

Gusting to 50mph on Sunday. 😆

nphunter

WKR
I’ve only shot the bow at a couple times since last Sept. Put a brand new sight on the bow about a month ago and set my pin gaps and tape exactly like my old sight only shot a coupe of times to make sure it was on tarfet due to all the snow. I put new strings and cables on the bow last week and had to totally set it up from scratch again. It’s been crappy here until this week so I bare shaft tuned through paper in my kitchen, only put 1 arrow through my kitchen cabinet door. (Good thing we’re remodeling) Went out earlier this week and got my 40 set by adjusting the housing to the new peep and sight alignment and then verified my other pins. Yesterday I setup the targets for the first time this year and decided to use 80 as my MEA to challenge myself.

I also dug out the recurve and shot at 20 and missed the plate all together, grouped well but about 6” left. Moved my eyes right for the next group and put them where they need to be. Makes me pleased since I haven’t shot the recurve much at all since 2021.

Happy to be doing the CBC again, haven’t entered in a few years.

80 yard cold bow tonight with a rage Trypan, alarm’s set for 8am in the morning. Hopefully today wasn’t a fluke. The blue dot is the size of a drinking glass from the cupboard and the plate is 8.5”
DE117BE0-051E-46B7-86B8-7F6E78F953D1.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Bow is shooting well. Probably won't start tomorrow, though. Need to fine tune some stuff.

Gusting to 50mph on Sunday.

50!!!!!! Maybe we’ll see you Monday. Good luck on the tweaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve only shot the bow at a couple times since last Sept. Put a brand new sight on the bow about a month ago and set my pin gaps and tape exactly like my old sight only shot a coupe of times to make sure it was on tarfet due to all the snow. I put new strings and cables on the bow last week and had to totally set it up from scratch again. It’s been crappy here until this week so I bare shaft tuned through paper in my kitchen, only put 1 arrow through my kitchen cabinet door. (Good thing we’re remodeling) Went out earlier this week and got my 40 set by adjusting the housing to the new peep and sight alignment and then verified my other pins. Yesterday I setup the targets for the first time this year and decided to use 80 as my MEA to challenge myself.

I also dug out the recurve and shot at 20 and missed the plate all together, grouped well but about 6” left. Moved my eyes right for the next group and put them where they need to be. Makes me pleased since I haven’t shot the recurve much at all since 2021.

Happy to be doing the CBC again, haven’t entered in a few years.

80 yard cold bow tonight with a rage Trypan, alarm’s set for 8am in the morning. Hopefully today wasn’t a fluke. The blue dot is the size of a drinking glass from the cupboard and the plate is 8.5”
View attachment 547994

…”arrow through cabinet “.

Only happens to hunters.

Great shot too

Ten Bears

WKR

Only happens to hunters.

Great shot too

I used to live above a bar in a loft years ago. Had a nice 20 yard shot from the living room through the kitchen into my bedroom. Would place my target on my nightstand on the far side of my bed. Shot low and ripped right through my comforter. Couldn’t stop laughing.

Dropped my bow this week and had to get my peep tied back in today. Hopefully I can start CBC on Sunday if everything is still dialed in tomorrow when I test her out.

nphunter

WKR

Only happens to hunters.

Great shot too

Lol, it wouldn’t be so bad if it was the first time. I was messing with a target bow and hinge this winter in the house and let one slip. Didn’t get a picture of the one with the hunting bow, i just grabbed it out quick and acted like nothing happened. Thankfully it didn’t smack the stack of dishes in the cupboard.
B1F6D240-A884-46B8-A40A-015CE543A329.jpeg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Lol, it wouldn’t be so bad if it was the first time. I was messing with a target bow and hinge this winter in the house and let one slip. Didn’t get a picture of the one with the hunting bow, i just grabbed it out quick and acted like nothing happened. Thankfully it didn’t smack the stack of dishes in the cupboard.
View attachment 548055
Meme lords of Rokslide. There has to be something here. 😂😂

Randle

WKR
Went out to shoot my first arrow and the dang neighbors weren't having it.
First this one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230429-065515_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230429-065515_Gallery.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 37