2023 Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I just watched my video and the look of surprise in my body language after hearing that 1st arrow smack the back stop— “priceless”

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
including mine, so far 3 misses out of first 6 entries, so 50%

(makes me feel better somewhat)

:ROFLMAO:

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
If posts are dissappearing it’s because there is no image. You can’t reserve spots.

I copied any text that was in the deletions, and PM’d it to the poster, so copy/paste it back on a new post when you shoot your first arrow.

Reactions: 9.1
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'm with you on this one. Last time I missed the first shot it didn't get any better over the next few days lol.
Don’t jinx us brother!! It’s gonna get better

Seriously, two years in a row I’m shoot good to great pre-CBC and then I drop my first arrows. Geez…

But when I’ve shot competiton, Ive done similar. Same with bowhunting and is why I always say I’m a pretty poor archer, (but keep trying)

ColoradoV

WKR
@ColoradoV

welcome man!

Is your vital size that black on the buck?
Yes it is = I should have mentioned that. It used to be a heart but it’s so shot out there is pretty much a hole through it 😆. Might be the year to replace the targets.

For some reason I was mistaken and thought this shoot started yesterday or thought I would be shooting in 8” of snow. Always melts fast this time of the year. Anyway I was out and got a pic of the snow depth from around here yesterday 😉….

D0ECC97E-157B-4756-9974-DE4009B8DE9D.jpeg

RockinJ

FNG
The 2023 Cold Bow Challenge will start Saturday, April 29th AT 8:15 AM MTN TIME on the Challenge Thread Here.

(You’re currently on the QnA thread)

Hit the "Watch" button upper right on both threads to receive the notification when someone posts.

and get your bow ready
Hi I’m pretty new to the platform do I just hit reply to post my shot etc.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it is = I should have mentioned that. It used to be a heart but it’s so shot out there is pretty much a hole through it . Might be the year to replace the targets.

For some reason I was mistaken and thought this shoot started yesterday or thought I would be shooting in 8” of snow. Always melts fast this time of the year. Anyway I was out and got a pic of the snow depth from around here yesterday ….

View attachment 548148
Cool Rams! OK, man, you and one other guy have the smallest vitals in the challenge. Good luck.

Last edited:

WBrim

WKR
Love the idea for this challenge. Woefully unprepared but great forcing function to get ready.

More important question in how I'm supposed to get to 300 posts by this weekend :p
I had a similar thought - 300 is a ways out! Good luck on the CBC!

Some of these max effective ranges could get rowdy if you get a day with sustained winds! Pry more head games than anything. Just want to perform but I’ll know I’m gonna throw one

lak2004

WKR
I shot 4 arrows yesterday at 25 yards for the 1st time in a year (since last year's challenge).
Man I suck. I'm still going to push to at least 40, but having kids and moving into a neighborhood killed my routine of shooting almost daily. Thanks for pushing me to dust off the bow! Hoping for at least an archery elk tag this year, so this will get me going in the right direction!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Some of these max effective ranges could get rowdy if you get a day with sustained winds! Pry more head games than anything. Just want to perform but I’ll know I’m gonna throw one
You can pass a day with no penalty if conditions aren’t right, just like we should on the mountain.

I’ve drawn and passed due to my site picture more than a few days of the CBC in the past.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I shot 4 arrows yesterday at 25 yards for the 1st time in a year (since last year's challenge).
Man I suck. I'm still going to push to at least 40, but having kids and moving into a neighborhood killed my routine of shooting almost daily. Thanks for pushing me to dust off the bow! Hoping for at least an archery elk tag this year, so this will get me going in the right direction!
Understood, but just get out there man. Right now we have about 32 slots left to fill before we close it to new entries. Maybe you can shoot today.

It’s OK to adjust your MER (within reason) shorter if you’re rusty. Just don’t get to short or @realunlucky starts asking questions :ROFLMAO:

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just got my day two posted (post #4)

Absolutely amazing what happens when you actually take your time and go through your shot sequence. Wow, who’da thought?

Last edited:

lak2004

WKR
Understood, but just get out there man. Right now we have about 32 slots left to fill before we close it to new entries. Maybe you can shoot today.

It’s OK to adjust your MER (within reason) shorter if you’re rusty. Just don’t get to short or @realunlucky starts asking questions
Appreciate it! I look forward to this every year. I'll get a shot off today. I'm going to shoot for 40 this year. Last year I did 50 but had been keeping up before hand. This year not so much.