2023 Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Love the idea for this challenge. Woefully unprepared but great forcing function to get ready.

More important question in how I'm supposed to get to 300 posts by this weekend :p
lol, it's 300 posts by the time we qualify you, not when you shoot your first arrow.

And yes, it forces you to get ready and is one of the two main reasons I believe in this challenge and work to make it happen. Even though I rarely put all 5 arrows in the vitals, at the end of the challenge, I'm ready, my bow's ready and the pressure is gone to prep for the hunt, yet plenty of time to practice before the season.

JD Jones

WKR
Ok.. ready as I’m going to be. I was leaning toward a 60 MER but reality has hit and I need to walk some more before I run. The prep work has showed me that while on a good day I can hit further, consistency is not there at all. I’m calling for a 50MER tomorrow because even at 50 I was missing a 8” target.

Ended today on a good note:
31659938-BD14-4FDA-8EF7-BF8DFDFDB60D.jpeg

Fatcamp

WKR
Ok.. ready as I’m going to be. I was leaning toward a 60 MER but reality has hit and I need to walk some more before I run. The prep work has showed me that while on a good day I can hit further, consistency is not there at all. I’m calling for a 50MER tomorrow because even at 50 I was missing a 8” target.

Ended today on a good note:
View attachment 547826

I always end my sessions with good shots.

Wish they all started the same. 😬

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
It was not. Cold bow was at 60 and if you look too right you can see impact. Clean miss.
gotcha, well I was in same boat this week so dropped it to 55.

Intresting at my amateur level how much difference 5 yards makes. I used to think my MER was 70 yard 😂

JD Jones

WKR
gotcha, well I was in same boat this week so dropped it to 55.

Intresting at my amateur level how much difference 5 yards makes. I used to think my MER was 70 yard 😂
Had you asked me last Saturday I would’ve puffed my chest and said 80 lol… I made 3 really good shots at my local … some day’s luck is on my side… others (read most) not so much

Good luck to you and everyone else and thanks for putting this on!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Tip on posting your shots, if you have Tapa Talk, use it, and choose “small” when it give you photo size choice. Uploads faster and plenty of resolution for the mods to judge the thread.

Remember, to post all 5 of your arrows IN ONE POST.

in tapa talk, just hold down for a sec near the top of your post just under your name and you should see an edit button come up. That opens your post and you can post your next picture below the previous. In full site mode, if device is vertical, look for a drop down at bottom of post that looks like this:

…V

click that and edit button comes, up, or if in horizontal, edit button is already visisible.

Tapa talk just easier for me.

I‘M GETTING EXCITED FOR TOMORROW (but that’s not a good thing for me. nothing much worse than dropping your first of 5 arrows. ask me how I know!)

good luck guys... (and gals)

@sndmn11 is Cindy shooting?

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
@sndmn11 is Cindy shooting?

Yes, this is her

Got the new omnia dialed in, I'm ready! Probably going to try for 60yd this year versus the previous year 40yd.

I've got a thing at 0700, so that's why I am aiming for sunrise and then I can screw around the rest of the day.

She is going to shoot sometime tomorrow, but not sure when.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, this is her

I've got a thing at 0700, so that's why I am aiming for sunrise and then I can screw around the rest of the day.

She is going to shoot sometime tomorrow, but not sure when.
Great, will watch for her.

KBC

WKR
I can’t imagine there won’t be room. I don’t even think it filled last year. You should be fine man.

And when picking an MER, it’s your “ maximum” So that means some days you may
Cool I hope so. We have an extreme 3D course set up so I might take a different shot each day on ones that are probably past my MER in those situations.

Backcountry_Preacher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
EBA409A3-CBB0-4EF6-A54F-18F4D811CCCA.jpeg

We are less than 24 hours from operation “GO LONG!”… We will be outfitted with the government’s lastest weapon: Code Name- Doug Flutie aka the M-38 Gen 2 Bomber! We going triple digits fellows! Godspeed and have fun! 😎

Looking pretty sh!tty here in upstate ny for the next five days. I don’t normally hunt or shoot in this weather. Going to push myself to do it.

Attachments

• 29A515E2-9B19-4E8B-A864-B9092A3E84F0.png
    29A515E2-9B19-4E8B-A864-B9092A3E84F0.png
    622.2 KB · Views: 16