Wyoming 90/10 task force!

wytx

WKR
Comical. First they are not “your” licenses. They belong to the state. I guess we can consider any state asset our own now though. Sound entitled? The tags given out in my state are not “my or our” tags. They are the states.

I don’t see many non residents asking for more. Would you turn a blind eye and say nothing if the commission decided they were going to go 70/30 instead? After charging you for a system that outlined odds to draw that are now worse.

You sound like the guy who told me I couldn’t keep any fish on his lake because he owns a parcel on it.
I said "our" as in resident licenses not mine. You bet I want our residents to get more of the share, sure wouldn't be turning a blind eye to 70/30, but I no worries that will ever happen.
And as far as being that "guy" you couldn't be more wrong, lol.

Yes, I consider the wildlife to be held in trust for the residents of the state, that makes it mine and ours for all residents of Wyoming. We have the right to hunt our game, set in statute I believe, NRs have the privilege to hunt it.

Lawnboi

WKR
I said "our" as in resident licenses not mine. You bet I want our residents to get more of the share, sure wouldn't be turning a blind eye to 70/30, but I no worries that will ever happen.
And as far as being that "guy" you couldn't be more wrong, lol.

Yes, I consider the wildlife to be held in trust for the residents of the state, that makes it mine and ours for all residents of Wyoming. We have the right to hunt our game, set in statute I believe, NRs have the privilege to hunt it.
Thanks, you have proven my point

Go exercise your rights without a tag and see where that goes

WKR
I just hope wyoming residents can still feed their families on 7 elk, 9 deer, and 4 antelope. From what ive read, unless these nr tags are cut, we can expect wide spread famine amonst wyoming residents.
I may need all that. I’m prepping for TEOTWAWKI: The End Of The World As We Know It. :)

Lukem

WKR
Be interesting to see if the few years turns to 15+.
Yeah it could. 1400 in line ahead of me and if that ends up being 20 permits per year....

I'm sure I'm younger than most ahead of me on the list. It was about 2000 ahead of me not that many years ago. I wish I'd have kept each of the reports for all the years to analyze the dropout rates.

Lukem

WKR
Comical. First they are not “your” licenses. They belong to the state. I guess we can consider any state asset our own now though. Sound entitled? The tags given out in my state are not “my or our” tags. They are the states.

I don’t see many non residents asking for more. Would you turn a blind eye and say nothing if the commission decided they were going to go 70/30 instead? After charging you for a system that outlined odds to draw that are now worse.

You sound like the guy who told me I couldn’t keep any fish on his lake because he owns a parcel on it.
State game agencies manage the species of the state under the public trust doctrine and do so for the people of that state. It's this way across the nation and a foundation of the North American Model.

CJ19

WKR
State game agencies manage the species of the state under the public trust doctrine and do so for the people of that state. It's this way across the nation and a foundation of the North American Model.
That I understand
I love how the argument shifts when someone brings up that NRs pay the lions share of funding for federal lands and resident hunters gain the majority of the benefit. Then it is suddenly, "thats not how it works".

I have gotten to the point where I will just spend my money on going to Africa or Europe to hunt. It ends up costing a bit less in the long run, mainly due to the accommodations provided (the actual hunt and travel expenses are about the same $). Plus, I get to see different countries and cultures.
I really love elk meat, but it isn't the magnitude of difference between that and whitetail to make up for the extra $.

Lawnboi

WKR
I love how the argument shifts when someone brings up that NRs pay the lions share of funding for federal lands and resident hunters gain the majority of the benefit. Then it is suddenly, "thats not how it works".
The funny thing is that if I compared it to my own state I wouldn’t give a rip if they lost revenue. I don’t see wildlife as a resource we should be extorting. They have created a massive business out of a “publicly” held resource. Read as sarcasm…. It ain’t the peoples regardless of how many statutes you can site.

When I see someone with a large piece of pie, wanting to take from someone with a very small piece of it to get an even bigger piece, I call it like I see it. Also funny this is happening I a lot of states right now. It’s irritating and I can’t even keep up with my own. People in the right spots leveraging power is all it is. Hopefully those taking a bigger piece of pie remember what it’s like when they are on the other end.

I don’t even play the big 5 in Wyoming. But I can see where it’s going. Have fun making a plan to hunt in 5 years when they change the rules 3 times between now and then.

Don’t worry though, If you have the money or connections you will still be able to hunt whatever you want still.

Last edited:
No non-resident cap in Washington State. Non-residents could draw 100% of our limited entry tags.

Of course the opportunity is horrible and you need to buy the license up front but you don’t get penalized on the odds. You can hunt the wilderness and you don’t get any better odds if you hire an outfitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah..."you can hunt the wilderness". Even WA gets that right.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lukem

WKR
You're generally free to go hike and enjoy those federal public lands all you want, it's not the state stopping you from accessing them.

But when it comes to the wildlife, it's the state and the people of the state that have the say. Lands and wildlife are generally separate entities, unless their range or abundance merit federal involvement.

I think they already took that into considerarion. Most people think they will still be fine funding wise. If a funding decline happens, it would probably be a long term thing that will be corrected anyhow. Also there is still going to plenty of good opportunities for a lot of species in wyo as a NR. Im still applying. I just like to poke ppl about it.

The fed land thing is interesting to bring. Not a terrible idea.
I am not sure, need to dig into the numbers a bit more, they took into account the big jump in P&R funds due to record gun and ammo sales in the last couple years... States have to match the Federal $$ to be able to receive the Federal P&R funds...

wytx

WKR
How do NR pay the lions share of federal lands, residents pay those taxes too don't they?
No worries on exercising my rights to hunt in Wyoming without a license, I'll just go buy one OTC for deer or elk.

tdhanses

WKR
How do NR pay the lions share of federal lands, residents pay those taxes too don't they?
No worries on exercising my rights to hunt in Wyoming without a license, I'll just go buy one OTC for deer or elk.
Well if we do simple math, WY residents equal 600k vs the nations total of 330 million, so WY residents are a blip on the radar in federal taxes, unless all 600k are in the top 1%. So maybe WY residents fund .0018% of federal lands.

Now if all federal lands were sold WY would see significant property tax rev but 95% of WY residents would have nowhere to hunt.