Suppressor wait times

gtriple

WKR
HOLY SHIT! IT IS HAPPENING!

I just got approval for ALL FOUR OF MY SUPPRESSORS IN JAIL!!! They freaking bulk approved all of them. Wow.

TBAC Ultra 5 Gen2, TBAC 22 Take Down, Dead Air Mask HD 22, and Rugged Obsidian 45.

The Mask and TBAC 22 were from Jan 11th, only 159 days.

The Rugged Obsidian 45 was from MARCH 16th! ONLY 95 DAYS AGO!

sram9102

WKR

I just got approval for ALL FOUR OF MY SUPPRESSORS IN JAIL!!! They freaking bulk approved all of them. Wow.

TBAC Ultra 5 Gen2, TBAC 22 Take Down, Dead Air Mask HD 22, and Rugged Obsidian 45.

You are making me want to purchase another one that I have little use for, just because. I have one about 100 days in and think I could possibly use a pistol can in the future.

gtriple

WKR
You are making me want to purchase another one that I have little use for, just because. I have one about 100 days in and think I could possibly use a pistol can in the future.
Based on what happened with mine, you may be shaving 100 days off the wait time if you purchase more. But who knows. Others haven't had this kinda luck.

I'd recommend a 22 can if you don't have one too. lol

As a note, I've bought all of mine via a trust. So maybe that has something to do with it. I'm still exploiting their trust loophole.

sram9102

WKR
Based on what happened with mine, you may be shaving 100 days off the wait time if you purchase more. But who knows. Others haven't had this kinda luck.

As a note, I've bought all of mine via a trust. So maybe that has something to do with it. I'm still exploiting their trust loophole.
I have a dilligent defense STI in jail. Couple of 22 cans already and a few other heavier centerfire cans. I think a 45 pistol can would round out the stable well.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Dang. Im at 271 days for my TBAC 7 and I'm sort of coming to terms with the very real possibility that I wont have it by august. Crazy since my dead air mask 22 got approved at around 240 days.

Yea maybe the trust is the trick!

Bluefish

WKR
Based on Reddit data, trusts are going slower than individuals. Not sure if it’s by choice to discourage trusts or simply fewer individual applications.

SloppyJ

WKR
Wow!! That's some great news. I have two from 1/16 and then a couple more from May. Fingers crossed that I can be as lucky as you. You're not the only one I've seen recently with a batch approval.

Did you do individual or trust on your paperwork? Also, are there any special conditions that would have caused you to get yours approved early?

Looking at some data posted on other forums but looks like your best bet is file individual eform 4s. The wait times have steadily decreased the last few months and should be closer to 5-6 months for approvals. That and batch approvals make it seem that we are heading in a positive direction. Got my Ultra 7 approved right at 6 months a few weeks ago.

gtriple

WKR
Wow!! That's some great news. I have two from 1/16 and then a couple more from May. Fingers crossed that I can be as lucky as you. You're not the only one I've seen recently with a batch approval.

Did you do individual or trust on your paperwork? Also, are there any special conditions that would have caused you to get yours approved early?
I 100% would go with a trust.

I did all of mine through a trust. I've already had 2 suppressors approved through this trust. And maybe it helped that I am the only person listed in the trust.

SloppyJ

WKR
I 100% would go with a trust.

I did all of mine through a trust. I've already had 2 suppressors approved through this trust. And maybe it helped that I am the only person listed in the trust.
I did all 4 of mine through single shot trusts. I wouldn't mind another 30cal can or maybe even a bit bigger.