Suppressor wait times

Loo.wii

WKR
Anyone lucky enough to have a suppressor get out of jail recently? Wondering how long it took from the time the tax stamp check was cashed by good ole' Uncle Same to the date you got the call to pick it up. I have a TBAC Dominus in jail and the check was cashed on 4/28/21. I have a predator hunt in Texas planned in March and was really hoping to have it in time to take with me. Absolutely no reason for the process to take this long, but I'll save that discussion for another thread.
270 days

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
I just went through the process silencer central laid out for me and received a copy of the application. They stated it would be efiled, but if it wasnt active that would explain the long wait. My other efile with silcencerco was alot sorter around 7 months
They lied to you like they lie to everyone else. I suspect they bought into the ATF claim that eFiles would take 90 days to approve and probably figured they'd wait until they started accepting eFiles to submit yours rather than paper file, thinking you'd get your approval faster. That being said, SC never submits your application when it's completed. They are SLOWWWWWW and you can count on their unnecessary delays adding at least several months to your application and delivery.

Slsnpsy

FNG
They lied to you like they lie to everyone else. I suspect they bought into the ATF claim that eFiles would take 90 days to approve and probably figured they'd wait until they started accepting eFiles to submit yours rather than paper file, thinking you'd get your approval faster. That being said, SC never submits your application when it's completed. They are SLOWWWWWW and you can count on their unnecessary delays adding at least several months to your application and delivery.
Looking back, its definitely spot on. From the approval date to shipping was 3 weeks to a month, and then another 2-3 weeks to be delivered. Alot slower than I expected and would of liked.

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
It took 5 weeks to get your suppressor after approval?!!!

That seems to be common for Si Cen. I was approved 12/28/22 and received my suppressors in the mail 02/10/23. Mostly, IMHO, they (SI Cen) have a customer service or customer expectation setting issue (beyond my belief that they are very very busy and likely understaffed for the volume based on their social media posts regarding approvals that come in). Growth is tough and hard to manage right, and I'm sure their business is booming. Heck, they even had to stop taking calls today for a snowstorm.

They promise all this quick delivery and whatnot, but would be better off to tell you the whole process upfront - including the delay in notifying the local law enforcement official they are shipping an NFA item to you and they wait a specific period of time after that letter is delivered versus their advertised let us do the work, get approved and the suppressor comes to your house. Then they have to transfer it to your in state dealer, then it gets mailed to you, which can take a few more days as well. Had i used the "kiosk" I would have picked the suppressor up much quicker

I'm not bashing Si Cen, but being told of this delay ahead of time versus becoming aware right after the elation of approval would be nice. I'll probably use them again (since they have all my stuff on file already) if I purchase from a dealer that doesn't do any of the paperwork online and just transfers to another dealer to handle that aspect of it.

WRO

WKR
That seems to be common for Si Cen. I was approved 12/28/22 and received my suppressors in the mail 02/10/23. Mostly, IMHO, they (SI Cen) have a customer service or customer expectation setting issue (beyond my belief that they are very very busy and likely understaffed for the volume based on their social media posts regarding approvals that come in). Growth is tough and hard to manage right, and I'm sure their business is booming. Heck, they even had to stop taking calls today for a snowstorm.

They promise all this quick delivery and whatnot, but would be better off to tell you the whole process upfront - including the delay in notifying the local law enforcement official they are shipping an NFA item to you and they wait a specific period of time after that letter is delivered versus their advertised let us do the work, get approved and the suppressor comes to your house. Then they have to transfer it to your in state dealer, then it gets mailed to you, which can take a few more days as well. Had i used the "kiosk" I would have picked the suppressor up much quicker

I'm not bashing Si Cen, but being told of this delay ahead of time versus becoming aware right after the elation of approval would be nice. I'll probably use them again (since they have all my stuff on file already) if I purchase from a dealer that doesn't do any of the paperwork online and just transfers to another dealer to handle that aspect of it.

You have to refile all of it anyways, no one saves it.

Just use a local shop, way easier.

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like people are starting to see the light behind SC(with the exception of a few fanboys). They are incompetent, their "attorneys" are morons and have misinterpreted the law(either that or they just use this as an excuse to justify their incompetence and slowness). Between the delays of actually submitting your application to ATF from the time you complete it and the ridiculous delays in shipping your can to you, you can count on at least an additional 2-3 mos of waiting by purchasing through SC.

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone should take note that SC's claims by their attorneys that they have to notify local LE and give them 2 wks to respond once they receive notification via snail mail AFTER your ATF approval is an absolute lie. When you purchase through anyone else, they send the notification to local LE(who doesn't even care in 99% of cases) when they submit your application to ATF so that the wait times overlap. SC is lazy and their attorneys are incompetent and this results in at least an additional UNNECESSARY month delay in receiving your suppressor. This in combination with the delays in submission to ATF from the time you complete the application add 2-3 mos to your wait time. I honestly don't understand why some guys say they "would use them again" despite knowing this when there are other better options.

Sled

WKR
Everyone should take note that SC's claims by their attorneys that they have to notify local LE and give them 2 wks to respond once they receive notification via snail mail AFTER your ATF approval is an absolute lie. When you purchase through anyone else, they send the notification to local LE(who doesn't even care in 99% of cases) when they submit your application to ATF so that the wait times overlap. SC is lazy and their attorneys are incompetent and this results in at least an additional UNNECESSARY month delay in receiving your suppressor. This in combination with the delays in submission to ATF from the time you complete the application add 2-3 mos to your wait time. I honestly don't understand why some guys say they "would use them again" despite knowing this when there are other better options.

The only benefit I can see is for the people living more than a few hrs from a major city. Those folks are willing to wait it out so they don't have to make the drive or flight in some cases.

RyanT26

WKR
What are the paper times running at? There doesn’t seem to be much if any benefit to efile.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I had one purchased 11/22/21 and got the call 11/23/22. 366 days. Turns out the suppressor was defective, and after 2 returns to the manufacturer, they are purchasing the POS back from me.
Ouch! Can they make a new one with the same serial number so you don’t have to start waiting again? Want to share who made it?

Ouch! Can they make a new one with the same serial number so you don’t have to start waiting again? Want to share who made it?
No they can not remake one with the same serial number. The serialized part is the suppressor, like the action in a bolt rifle is the only part that is of concern to the ATF. In other words, if the tube that is serial numbered is damaged beyond repair, that suppressor is scrap. Baffle strikes are usually repairable, but if a bullet grenades inside the can and leaves a hole in the tube, it's a done deal. In this case the issue is not really repairable. IMO it's a design defect. Lane suppressors uses a mono core design that relies on a seal to keep it from leaking at the part lines between the components. I know where there are 8 of their suppressors, and after questioning the owners, I found out that all 8 of them leak. It remains to be seen what the total dollar amount that I'm out when this train wreck comes to rest.