Suppressor wait times

Applied 3-26-22 denied 12-12-22 back to waiting. Somehow a file name had two letters of my last name mixed up. Everything else was correct.

I have a friend that got a denial notification about 2 weeks ago. Scheels sent in the wrong RPQ form that did not have his signature on it. 9 months of waiting down the drain. It happens more frequently than you would think.

Applied 3-26-22 denied 12-12-22 back to waiting. Somehow a file name had two letters of my last name mixed up. Everything else was correct.
Dang it. Sorry. I was afraid of that too. But it didn’t happen to me. I was worried it would because I had some gun background checks get denied because I guess there is a guy with same name and birthdate as me who is a wanted felon. I was sure the atf would deny it but they didn’t

Sled

WKR
Dang it. Sorry. I was afraid of that too. But it didn’t happen to me. I was worried it would because I had some gun background checks get denied because I guess there is a guy with same name and birthdate as me who is a wanted felon. I was sure the atf would deny it but they didn’t

I think the e-file requirements of the UPIN has helped here. It's one way to separate the people without the SSN.

I think the e-file requirements of the UPIN has helped here. It's one way to separate the people without the SSN.
Yea probably so. The ATF did call me about a week before I was approved and said they were looking at the exact issue and had a few questions for me. So still shows up I guess but thankfully didn’t get denied. And last few guns I’ve purchased have Had No issue

Unckebob

WKR
No they can not remake one with the same serial number. The serialized part is the suppressor, like the action in a bolt rifle is the only part that is of concern to the ATF. In other words, if the tube that is serial numbered is damaged beyond repair, that suppressor is scrap. Baffle strikes are usually repairable, but if a bullet grenades inside the can and leaves a hole in the tube, it's a done deal. In this case the issue is not really repairable. IMO it's a design defect. Lane suppressors uses a mono core design that relies on a seal to keep it from leaking at the part lines between the components. I know where there are 8 of their suppressors, and after questioning the owners, I found out that all 8 of them leak. It remains to be seen what the total dollar amount that I'm out when this train wreck comes to rest.

I seem to remember mfg using the very back piece as the Serialized part to prevent something like this from happening.

Harvey_NW

WKR
I seem to remember mfg using the very back piece as the Serialized part to prevent something like this from happening.
Dead Air Nomad is designed with that in mind, so if you get a strike the stack detaches and they can weld a new stack on without changing the serialized portion.

SloppyJ

WKR
Submitted for two at the beginning of the year. AB Raptor 10 in 7.62 and a AB Little Bird .22. Trying to forget about them and just have my fingers crossed that I'll get them before rifle season opens.

This has been a great excuse to build quite a few guns. I've worked up a 4" 22AR, 9" 300blk, and working on finishing a 5.5" 9mm, and 16" .308 AR10.

It's also become a sickness because this month I'm going to go ahead and order a 9mm can (Mod9 most likely) and another .22 can to squirrel hunt with my son so we both have one (CGS Hydra).

ezwy

FNG
Submitted first week of June 2022. Approved first week of March.

Last edited:

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
Gunwerks 6ix submitted June, approved last weekend. Mounted on my Howa Superlite and it handles like a dream. I thought it might throw off the balance with the gun itself being so light, but it's perfect.