Suppressor wait times

I waited 405 days for my paper form4 last year. Just ordered an eform 4 on 2-5-23. For guys who have bought multiple suppressors over the years is it true your wait decreases after the first one since the atf has your information on file?

z987k

WKR
I waited 405 days for my paper form4 last year. Just ordered an eform 4 on 2-5-23. For guys who have bought multiple suppressors over the years is it true your wait decreases after the first one since the atf has your information on file?
No. It's whatever wait it is at the time all over again.

Sled

WKR
Not in my case. They've gone up in length with the added demands associated with the e-file.

eoperator

WKR
Nothing ever speeds up, atf only slows down.

Ucsdryder

WKR
You’re funny.

MR139

FNG
Called the NFA branch this week. Avg is 270 days for efile. I have a friend who is at 210 that watches this thread. Silencer central just put out an update, atf hired 50% more staff to cover efile submissions. My SS rep also told me they atf us still getting like 1000 submissions a day… not sure if that is just a sales tactic to purchase “now” vs waiting though

Called the NFA branch this week. Avg is 270 days for efile. I have a friend who is at 210 that watches this thread. Silencer central just put out an update, atf hired 50% more staff to cover efile submissions. My SS rep also told me they atf us still getting like 1000 submissions a day… not sure if that is just a sales tactic to purchase “now” vs waiting though
Well that be good if they hired more staff. Hopefully that is true

Slsnpsy

FNG
My last suppressor was a banish 30 purchased from silencer central using their free trust. E filed in September 2021. Took 402 days for the approval. Hopefully it will keep going down cause that was a long time to wait

Slsnpsy

FNG
Efile wasn't active until like 12/18/21. So if you truly did efile a bulk of the time was waiting for it to become active.

I just went through the process silencer central laid out for me and received a copy of the application. They stated it would be efiled, but if it wasnt active that would explain the long wait. My other efile with silcencerco was alot sorter around 7 months

TheHammer

WKR
No, there is no rhyme or reason to any of it. A guy I know bought some at a local kiosk the same day I did and he’s still waiting on his and I’ve got all 3 of mine from that day in my safes already. On my last order I was told 8-13months. On my order last April I was told 5 months….. which turned into 10months. So hopefully it gets closer to 5months. I say they don’t get the 200$ until approval. They’d be same day approvals with that method…

WRO

WKR
No, there is no rhyme or reason to any of it. A guy I know bought some at a local kiosk the same day I did and he’s still waiting on his and I’ve got all 3 of mine from that day in my safes already. On my last order I was told 8-13months. On my order last April I was told 5 months….. which turned into 10months. So hopefully it gets closer to 5months. I say they don’t get the 200$ until approval. They’d be same day approvals with that method…

I had one approved at 275 days. The other one, that I literally did at the exact same time is still not approved. (I sat down and did the paperwork twice as both suppressors arrived at the same time)

Sled

WKR

While I agree with you there can also be a reason why someone takes longer to clear than the next guy. I have 2 out of a crew of 70 that always come back months later than the rest. One was born in Australia and the other just might have a sketchy background or someone else with a similar name that does. Either way it's been consistent for the last 15 years.