Silencerco Scythe TI review

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
It's does say in the scythe owner manual that they recommend use of rocksett on the mount and cap to prevent it from coming loose .... So it's definitely not just yours!

I'm glad you mentioned it because I had planned on getting some rocksett for that once I got approval and completely forgot about it during the wait.
I suppose I could have read the manual. It’s too bad rocksett dosent come in smaller quantities. I literally used 2 drops out of the bottle. Not sure how long it lasts once opened and I’m also not sure what I’d use it for other than that silencer.

If it goes bad and you need more later, precision armament and silencer central (or shop?) has the small single use tubes.

giphy.gif

madgrad02

WKR
I'm far from a suppressor expert, but finally got to get some rounds downrange with the Scythe-Ti. All I can say is if you're on the edge, do it. Was surprised how quiet it was on my 6.5cm, 7mm mag still had a little bark, but far from the normal ear-splitting "oops I forgot my ear pro" shot while hunting. POI shift was about 1mil for both rifles (guessing it's due to brake + can), but seemed repeatable swapping back and forth. Wish I would've jumped into the suppressor game long ago... gotta love the tinnitus I have now 😒

Tx_300wsm

FNG
Finally picked up my Scythe this week and am currently at the range with it on my Ruger American in 6.5. Had a 2moa poi shift straight upward. This is my first suppressor and I’m really surprised by how much it really quiets it down. Recoil is slightly more than with the APA brake I had on it before, but for the first time in shooting hunting caliber rifles, I find myself not blinking when the shot goes off. This thing is a game changer, and like others, I don’t know why I waited so long to get one.

What cover are you guys running? Currently getting a lot of mirage off it after only 10 rounds or so.

Attachments

• IMG_0425.jpeg
    IMG_0425.jpeg
    366.7 KB · Views: 27
Finally picked up my Scythe this week and am currently at the range with it on my Ruger American in 6.5. Had a 2moa poi shift straight upward. This is my first suppressor and I’m really surprised by how much it really quiets it down. Recoil is slightly more than with the APA brake I had on it before, but for the first time in shooting hunting caliber rifles, I find myself not blinking when the shot goes off. This thing is a game changer, and like others, I don’t know why I waited so long to get one.

What cover are you guys running? Currently getting a lot of mirage off it after only 10 rounds or so.
I’m using an Armageddon cover

Pickle

FNG
After reading thru this thread 5 times while I’m out of work from neck surgery, I went out shopping today. After hitting up two local gun shops and almost striking out….I made one last stop and scored a Scythe Ti. Filled out my paperwork for an individual since trusts are taking longer and snapped a couple of pics of my new can before it goes to jail. Seeing most prices online hovering around $1000+/- , I got a heck of a deal at $875.IMG_8762.jpeg

Last edited:

TxLite

WKR
After reading thru this thread 5 times while I’m out of work from neck surgery, I went out shopping today. After hitting up two local gun shops and almost striking out….I made one last stop and scored a Scythe Ti. Filled out my paperwork for an individual since trusts are taking longer and snapped a couple of pics of my new can before it goes to jail. Seeing most prices online hovering around $1000+/- , I got a heck of a deal at $875.View attachment 758331
Did you have them cerakote it?

Has anyone tried shooting longer distance (500+) with the brake taped up as you would hunting to see if it comes off appropriately and if it impacts the POI?

I'm wondering how it will work with electrical tape. Haven't tried it yet

cfounta1

FNG

What cover are you guys running? Currently getting a lot of mirage off it after only 10 rounds or
scope chaps