Silencerco Scythe TI review

Ive been on backorder for the non-black version since April on SilencerShop.. anyone having luck? GF got the black version done and cleared in 2 weeks...
I was keeping an eye on silencershop but finally went into a local scheels shop that had them in stock to buy.

I think Bauer precision has some in stock right now.

KSPony

FNG
I've had the non-black version on backorder with Silencer Shop since May. Passed on the black version when they were in stock because I wanted the anodized version. Called yesterday to see if I could get any lead times and if there would be any issues canceling the order since Bauer has them in stock. It doesn't look good for the anodized version, currently around 500 on backorder with no eta when they would be getting more. However they have 200 black coming in a few weeks so I switched my order to the black and should be good to go soon. Just seamed simpler to keep my order with Silencer Shop.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy just picked one up from Scheels. Seems like they have some of the fastest turnaround times. His was approved in 6 days.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Maybe a stupid question but how are you guys keeping this silencer tightened up?

I was at the range with mine a few days ago and only took 20 shots, pretty much every part of this silencer was coming loose the entire time. I thought I’d tightened it up nicely but the end cap was backing off and the body was backing off of it he piece that screws into the barrel.

Is there some trick? My other silencers don’t do that, my ultra 7 just has fewer pieces to loosen and my banish 30 is fused into a brick so nothing comes loose there.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Maybe a stupid question but how are you guys keeping this silencer tightened up?

I was at the range with mine a few days ago and only took 20 shots, pretty much every part of this silencer was coming loose the entire time. I thought I’d tightened it up nicely but the end cap was backing off and the body was backing off of it he piece that screws into the barrel.

Is there some trick? My other silencers don’t do that, my ultra 7 just has fewer pieces to loosen and my banish 30 is fused into a brick so nothing comes loose there.

I put a DROP of rocksett on the brake and the adapter.
I had the same problem. But seriously just use a DROP.
Rockset breaks in water so I figured if I needed to swap the brake or something I would just drop in in the ultrasonic overnight and clean it as well. (which I havent found cleaning nessecary for performace just for my OCD)

Last edited:

TxLite

WKR

I haven’t had that issue. I just torque it down with the supplied wrenches

T_Widdy

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU

I use this and it hasn’t loosened up yet. Red 272 loctite it in the can

We just shipped a bunch of these HUB adapters off to Arizona for DLC coating and will have them back in about 2-3 weeks.

These are made from 6AL4V Ti.

Special introductory pricing of 20% off.

1.1 oz makes this the lightest on the market.

View attachment 741112
View attachment 741113View attachment 741114

I got mine approved a couple weeks back, and forgot to add my review. This is the total system weight with the Ecco Machine Plan A adapter, Hansohn Brothers ti .30 front cap, and Griffin ti brake.

IMG_4059.jpeg

This was my previous primary hunting can and mount, Griffin Sportsman Ultralight and steel Ez brake.

IMG_4055.jpeg

The Scythe comes in at 5 7/8” fully assembled, the Griffin at 7 7/8”.

IMG_4060.jpeg

So I was able to cut 2” and almost 5oz of my 300wsm, with the new 4.5-22LHT adding a couple ounces, its still a net loss, and the gun sits right at 8lbs ready to hunt. Shooting experience is great, recoil reduction and noise are at least on par with the Griffin if not a little better, the Griffin is still a great can (I actually have 4 of them), and this one will just move over to my 260rem.

IMG_4132.jpeg

IMG_4131.jpeg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I put a DROP of rocksett on the brake and the adapter.
I had the same problem. But seriously just use a DROP.
Rockset breaks in water so I figured if I needed to swap the brake or something I would just drop in in the ultrasonic overnight and clean it as well. (which I havent found cleaning nessecary for performace just for my OCD)
Is there different types of rockset? Should I look for a specific one?