Silencerco Scythe TI review

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Thanks, just ordered some. So just a small drop on each of the parts I want to lock in huh?

Yes sir. I put a single drop on the adapter and brake after I cleaned the threads with acetone. I havent had them come loose again. Err on the side of too little. Rocksett isn't something you want to over apply. It can be a real bear to brake apart if you use too much. Remember water soak for 24 hrs to break rocksett.

Last edited:

ryndxt

FNG
Looking for my first supressor and have local shop that is a silencer shop kiosk partner.

Added a black Scythe to my cart but it sold out before i finalized payment. They are both out of stock/back order.

IS there a another place I can buy online and have it transfered to my LGS to do the paperwork? Learning as I try to navigate my first one. I read the comment above that there is a long backorder at Silencer shop. I don't know that I want to spend $1200 today with an unknown wait time.

This is primarily for my 8 year old's .243 build.

Presswood_936

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for my first supressor and have local shop that is a silencer shop kiosk partner.

Added a black Scythe to my cart but it sold out before i finalized payment. They are both out of stock/back order.

IS there a another place I can buy online and have it transfered to my LGS to do the paperwork? Learning as I try to navigate my first one. I read the comment above that there is a long backorder at Silencer shop. I don't know that I want to spend $1200 today with an unknown wait time.

Buy one on gunbroker , get it sent to your shop , easy peasy

Brix8984

WKR

Use code august for 10% off

KSPony

FNG

Looks like Bauer Precision still has the anodized model in stock, They will transfer it to you LGS.

ryndxt

FNG
Perfect! I just ordered from Bauer and appreciate the discount code. I spoke to my LGS and it's a $100 transfer fee so the discount code paid for the difference. You all were super helpful. I really appreciate it.

ryndxt

FNG
great feedback. I'm waiting on the FFL info from LGS To send to Bauer, then I have to fill out the tax stamp. I am assuming I still pay that through silencer shop/LGS so will give it until monday and then work on that process.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
great feedback. I'm waiting on the FFL info from LGS To send to Bauer, then I have to fill out the tax stamp. I am assuming I still pay that through silencer shop/LGS so will give it until monday and then work on that process.
I ordered a DD wolfhunter through Bauer a couple weeks ago. It should be at my dealer on Monday. They aren't real fast at processing form 3's, but the price was right with their discount. And they were quick to reply to emails.

WKR
I ordered a DD wolfhunter through Bauer a couple weeks ago. It should be at my dealer on Monday. They aren't real fast at processing form 3's, but the price was right with their discount. And they were quick to reply to emails.
My form 3 with them was about 6 days, I think.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I backordered 2 Scythes with Capital Armory and they came in a timely manner. I saw someone is still waiting for one from Silencer Shop since May. I ordered 2 AB Raptors with Silencer Shop after the April Shoot 2 Hunt and just got them. I had to dick around with a local dealer for 2 trips in person to get them. Capital Armory will ship to straight to your door in some states and everything is done quickly online. They deserve our business.

wesfromky

WKR
Yep - you will order and pay for a stamp and trust via SS, then the dealer will add the scythe to your dashboard, and the process goes like normal from there.

Last edited:

wildcat33

WKR
Walked in to my local shop yesterday and they had two black scythes in stock. I couldn’t pass it up. My very first can is now in jail. The stoke is high!

BjornF16

WKR
In a review on the site, a person says that it fits their Dead Air Nomad 30, tightly, which is the same diameter as the Scythe. I ordered one as it seems like a good solution.
How does that FHF Tac Mtn cover fit?

The Armageddon Gear cover for my Omega is too small. And it doesn’t keep weather/debris out.

Any feedback on The Jimmy and getting it removed quickly for a shot?

How does that FHF Tac Mtn cover fit?

The Armageddon Gear cover for my Omega is too small. And it doesn’t keep weather/debris out.

Any feedback on The Jimmy and getting it removed quickly for a shot?
It fits pretty good. It's slightly long, so you have to make sure that it doesnt slide forward slightly and cover the braked end cap. Mine has gotten a bit damaged when it does.

jonpall

Lil-Rokslider
Interested to hear how you like it. It's one I've been looking at.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yes sir. I put a single drop on the adapter and brake after I cleaned the threads with acetone. I havent had them come loose again. Err on the side of too little. Rocksett isn't something you want to over apply. It can be a real bear to brake apart if you use too much. Remember water soak for 24 hrs to break rocksett.
Got my rocksett in the mail yesterday and did just like you said. I’ll get a chance to shoot it tomorrow. I’m thinking I’ll like it a lot more when it stays together.

WKR

WKR
I'm really impressed with the scythe so far. Pretty quiet for how small it is. Definitely seems quieter than my omega 300. Here are some weights and length comparisons to a DD enticer L. I have a hansohn 6.5 flat front cap on my scythe.

Attachments

• 20240824_145842.jpg
    20240824_145842.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 20240824_145931.jpg
    20240824_145931.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 20240824_145706.jpg
    20240824_145706.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 60
  • 20240824_145650.jpg
    20240824_145650.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 60
Got my rocksett in the mail yesterday and did just like you said. I’ll get a chance to shoot it tomorrow. I’m thinking I’ll like it a lot more when it stays together.

It's does say in the scythe owner manual that they recommend use of rocksett on the mount and cap to prevent it from coming loose .... So it's definitely not just yours!

I'm glad you mentioned it because I had planned on getting some rocksett for that once I got approval and completely forgot about it during the wait.