Rokslide 2022 Weight Loss Thread

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Man the wheels have come off of this for me the last few months. Stress levels have been really high and I went back to old habit of drowning my problems. Which as we all know works soooo well! Also, finally got the covid last month which kicked my ass. Tired of excuses so getting back to checking in here and working on getting my diet and drinking back in order.

Weighing pretty much the same. (234) I have been as high as 245 and low around 225 over the last few months. Cardio is horrible (partial achilles tear early May) Running did not work out for me.
Strength is coming back (lifting 3x week)

Thanks for everyone that kept this going. Need to get myself right.

Cheers
Problem is that problems know how to swim, usually better than we do. It is normal for habits to change slowly in a start and stop manner as it takes time and a lot of learning to rewire the brain.

cjdewese

WKR
You guys are doing a great job and are inspiring.

I am 6' and was as heavy as 220 about 5-7 years ago, was tired of feeling tired all the time after being athletic and fit most of my life.

Did the whole 30 diet to see if my stomach issues would go away, did it for 70 days and felt great, went from 220 to about 200. Since then just eat a fairly clean diet trying to stay away from a lot of dairy since that seems to be where my stomach issues stem from.

Started hunting in 2020 which forced me to hike a ton as I scouted and hunted, now I'm around 170 and have been since the end of last season.

Keep at it, work towards what you want knowing it will benefit every aspect of your life if you can get there.

Bpop208

FNG
Checking in
Covid and break up hit hard after moving out west got up to 250 at 6’4. Back down to 200 goal weight is 190 by this fall

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Dropped to 213.8 this evening after my run. Only a few pounds to to go my August 1 goal of 210. I'm still thinking of trying to get to 200 by October for my Grand Canyon run.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

SwiftShot

WKR
6 foot 232 was where I started last month. I am 219 now and still 6 foot. I just cut out the crap food and sugar in my coffee. Now I drink it black like my soul.

SC HUNTER

FNG
6 foot 232 was where I started last month. I am 219 now and still 6 foot. I just cut out the crap food and sugar in my coffee. Now I drink it black like my soul.
Same. My wife asks me all the time how I drink my coffee black and I just sip it and grin. She doesn't understand the real dark humor just kinda dark.

SC HUNTER

FNG
I'm right around 205 right now. We're packing our house up getting ready to move into my inlaws rental while we build and I noticed yesterday I had zero energy. Ate some good carbs around lunch and back at it. I'm going to have to eat more carbs doing the heavy moving stuff in this Georgia heat or it won't get moved. I work tomorrow and plan on going for a 3 or 4 mile jog while I'm at work with calisthenics mixed in there.

SC HUNTER

FNG
Anyone got any meal/nutritional plans they'd like to share?
I eat alot of ground deer lately. Ground deer mixed with cooked down cabbage with a splash of soy sauce is good. Ground deer with low fat spaghetti sauce but use spaghetti squash instead of noodles.

I drink a protein shake in the morning and maybe a piece of keto bread toast with peanut butter here and there for breakfast.

Boiled eggs

Grilled chicken and salads.

Cut way down on the condiments we used to use and really try to cut out most of the salt we added to food.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
August 1 check in - 217.4. I was going to try pushing through being dehydrated to hit 210, but it wasn't worth it. I'm still down 13.4lbs over 3 months. Going to try to get to 210 by September 1.

FWIW, Paul Saladino and his company Heart and Soil are doing an Animal Based 30 challenge for the month of August. I'm going to stick to this for the month. It's basically meat and sweet fruits.

SC HUNTER

FNG
Back at 206 yesterday morning. My wife and I spent the long weekend eating like crap and drinking copious amounts of beer, wine and whiskey while relaxing at a friend's lake house. Back on track I want to get to about 190ish and see how I feel.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
Starting fresh for August. I've got 30 days to get things moving again. 235 this morning. No alcohol for last couple of days. BP down in normal range this morning with no meds. Gonna work hard this month and see what I can do. Weighted pack walks and my normal lifting routine. I won't get to hunt much until middle of September so I really have about 6 weeks to make a difference.

On a craving/snack note, does anyone have a recommendation for a keto/carnivore chip replacement? I can't do bacon all the time and I am getting a little tired of pork rinds. Chips are my main food downfall/craving. Need something that can replace them.

Cheers

*zap*

WKR
As you age the six week wonder program may not cut it. I think it is best to just make a decision to eat right and keep fitness level up. ymmv.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
As you age the six week wonder program may not cut it. I think it is best to just make a decision to eat right and keep fitness level up. ymmv.
I agree wholeheartedly but I slipped up quite a bit this year. (see past posts) I am just trying to cram as much good clean healthy living in the next 6 weeks to do what I can for this archery season!

38 years old, 6' tall.

April 2022 207lb 36" waist
Current 186lb 32" waist

Started 75 Hard program April 4th. Finished all 75 days strict. On day 29 of Phase 1 right now, and I finish it tomorrow. Kinda gimmicky I know but it's set me on the path. Whole new mindset about the "need" for rest days. (I've done two 45 minute workouts a day since April). Happy with my weight but still getting much stronger. Feel pretty limitless in the backcountry. Excited for archery Elk season.

For anyone else battling the mental aspect with back issues- fitness will help. In 2019 I had back surgery at L5/S1. Last June I broke my entire lumbar spine and my pelvis along with a rib. Carried a 6x6 out last fall on my back. Most of the recovery is mental! Don't let it win.

Geewhiz

WKR
Age 29
Height 6'3"
weight 06/01/2022 207.4
weight 07/22/2022 189.8
weight 08/03/2022 183.8

goal 09/01/2022 180