Rokslide Weight loss/Weight gain goal thread

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Lets hear it!

What do you weigh now?

What is your goal weight?

As of this morning, I weighed in at 196 lbs.

My goal is to drop down to 190lbs by January first, but drop my body fat below 10%.

Also, I'm going to be cranking up my cardio a but more this winter compared to the last few. So a lot of snowshoeing, backpack cardio and swimming will be going on:)*

3:30 AM----- 10 minutes in the sauna

3:40----3 sets of 25 diamond push ups

3:50---4 sets of 10 on flat bench press, superset 4 sets of 25 crunches

4:10--- 3 sets of 15 cable crossovers, superset with hanging leg raises

4:20---incline bench till muscle failure with 225 (this is on machine).

4:25---cardio-----stairway to Jesus for 20 minutes

4:50---Need to eat:)

Last edited by a moderator:
As of right now I'm 6' and 185 lbs, not sure what my body fat % is but I would like to shed about 5 to 10 lbs of fat and replace it with muscle. I'm already pretty lean but there is always room for improvement. I usually lift 5 days a week and either play basketball or run for cardio.

This is perfect Aron. I turn 40 this year and I need my Rockslide brotheren to hold me accountable come next October.

I weight 167 - I am short :)

My Goal: I MUST weigh 155 come Sept 1

If I can clean up my diet ...I will get it.

Cut the CRAP..

Caffeine - i drink waaaaaay too much tea and coffee
Refined sugar - My wife loves to bake
Alcohol - I love wine with a good elk steak
Processed Anything - If it didn't live or grow , dont eat it.

Last edited:

G Posik

WKR
On the scale this am 215. Need to drop about 5-8 lbs to be where I really like to be weight and body fat % wise. I will tweak the diet a little a have next to Zero carbs after 2:00pm. Change the weight routine up a little to 10 sets of 10. Do a set of 10 and only rest is until the minute is up. Then next set. That will be a 4 week cycle then 2 weeks of heavy weights with 3 sets of 5. Should not take long to trim off the fat.

Glenn

Ironman8

WKR
I currently weigh about 193 @ 5'8. That's not terrible for me since I've always been a muscular guy, but it's the body composition that I need to change. Back when I was playing college ball, my playing weight was normally 180-185 @ about 9-10% bf. I'm currently at about 12-13%.

How to get there: Tighten up the diet a little more (I've never been a terrible eater, but I do have a sweet tooth), step up the cardio, and continue the "functional circuit training" that I've been doing the last month. Seriously, if you're stuck in a rut with isolation exercises (the typical meat-head workouts) like I was, change it up to more compound & functional lifts. I can already feel my body working more in unison and strength than before.

I'll play.

Primary goal is to get my leg healed up so I can hike more than 4 miles without being in pain.

Secondary goal is to get my weight down to 185 and body fat down to 10%.

Currently at 200 lbs.

Front plank 90 seconds followed by back bridge 90 seconds

Handstand pushups super set with one legged squats 3x3

Pushups 5x10 30 seconds rest

Turkish get-ups 5 minutes alternating sides

Alternating heat and ice on my ankle through out the day.

tttoadman

WKR
I had an epic fail at nhunting in 2012 when i was at 215. I am blessed with good genes. I am the heaviest person in my family. my brother and my neice drink protien shakes every day in addition to meals to try to keep their weight up. WTF is with that???

I started my hunting this year in sept at 205. I finished in Nov at 189.

I am 5'-10. Im age 45. I seem to be hovering around 190. My goal is 175-180. I think I am already starting to balance out and put muscle on my legs almost as fast as the spare tire is coming off.

E-2

Lil-Rokslider
I need this.
Current weight... 240
Goal weight... 195
My aim will be to lose 10 lbs. a month.
Little background... I played college baseball at 200lbs. I was a catcher till 2005 when I found out I have a bio-mechanical deficiency of the hip (Socket formed weird). Cartilage is supposed to be white, mine was all red, so they removed all the bad cartilage. During the 2.5 month recovery I gained 50 lbs. I did not change my diet and was on crutches for 7 weeks. I worked really hard to get back to 210 and finish my collegiate career as a corner infielder. When I graduated I ran the family farm for a year and then got hired as a teacher/ coach. That is when things went down hill again. I teach computer classes and am sedentary most of the day, plus I was just tired of crushing my body. The weight came back and here I sit at 240lbs. I will have to have the hip replaced down the road, diabetes in my family, heart arrhythmia family history, and a 3 month old daughter. So I am done being a "Fat Bastard"

Pretty sure I am addicted to caffeine (Soda) so quitting those cold today. Good thing I will be hunting all end of the week because I will be pretty sour.

Good luck and Good battles. I need to beat these demons.

Currently 190. I'd like to hit 175 and get my body fat down. Mostly I want to get my endurance up so I can get uphills without huffing and puffing like I did this past hunting season. I'd like to say my goal is to be able to run uphill with a 130 pound rock in my pack for training but I'm quite a ways out on being able to do that. :) I'm hitting the gym now, stair climber, then treadmill at 15% grade and then finish off with weights and eating better. When my heart rate starts dropping down on the stairs and treadmill, I'll be adding the weighted pack.

Currently 210. I need to be about 190-95. Though I might change my mind again when I get there ha.

dotman

WKR
Sadly I let myself go this year, gained 20lbs so I have to get that off and more. Currently I'm at 223lbs, my goal is 195lbs. I'm going to change my focus to more endurance training. I definately felt the added weight this year.

jm1607

WKR
Currently = 6' 0" 179# BF = ??

Goal = 170# Low BF (8-9%) *I want to see my abs, I know they are there somewhere :)

I started about 2 weeks ago.. Eating about 1900 cal/day.. High Protein/High Fat.. Try to get in an avocado + cashew butter everyday

Only supplements besides protein powder are very basic: 1 Multivitamin, 1 D3, 2 Fish Oil, 1 Calcium

Hitting the gym with a 3 day split:

Monday: Upper body + Abs
Bench Press = 4x8
Incline Flyes = 3x10
Shoulder Press = 3x10
Tricep pulldown = 3x10
4 sets of Mixed Ab Exercises
25 min fast walk on treadmill

Tuesday: Back + Arms
Widegrip Pulldowns 3x10
Low-lat row 3x10
Bent-over Row 3x10
Weighted lower back 3x10
Dumbell curls 3x8
Hammer curls 3x8

Wednesday: I'm either doing sprints or running 6 miles

Thursday: Legs + Abs
Squats 4x12
Laying leg curls 3x12
Calf Raises 4x10
Shrugs 4x12
4 sets of Mixed Ab Exercises

Friday-Sunday: Rest. I'm usually out of town so I don't plan anything for these days, but I do cardio if I can.

Goal time? I don't really care as long as it happens lol.. March/April I guess?

**I'm also trying something new (to me) called intermittent fasting. Basically it's just timing your meals. I skip breakfast, have a very light early lunch (avocado + 4 hardboiled eggs), light afternoon snack (yogurt + 4 oz chicken). Then when I get off work (4pm), I hit the gym hard, have a huge protein shake after, then a monster dinner (a ton of chicken, black beans, brown rice, and broccoli). The theory behind it is you try to eat as little as possible during the day before you work out so you burn fat during your workout rather than the carbs you ate, then you feed your muscles protein/calories afterwards and start the cycle over. So far I am loving it!! I've always hated breakfast. I've only been doing it for 2 weeks so not alot of results to report yet..

Last edited:

ssliger

WKR
Alright here we go. I'm a lifelong fat bastard here. I've never let my weight hold me back. My hunting partner is a skinny bastard. I keep up with him every fall. I lost a bunch of weight 2 years ago on a fad diet and the weight can right back. I am now loosing the weight by eating healthy and exercising. My starting weight was 310lbs, I'm down to 282. My goal is to be down to 220 by the time I step on the plane to hunt Caribou next September. My meals are;
Breakfast- protein shake, Greek yogurt and a Banana
Lunch- leftovers from dinner, and post workout protein shake
Dinner- 4-6 ounces lean protein, 2-cups fresh vegetables, and a fruit medley (whatever is in season)
My workout consists of -
Day 1,3,5- full body workout (all exercises 3 sets 10-15 reps, rest 30 seconds between sets, and 60 seconds between exercises)
DB bench
DB incline bench
Shoulder raises
DB military press
Tricep push down
Seated DB bicep curl
ISO back row low
ISO back row high
Squats
Leg curls
Calf raises
Day 2,4,6- cardio for 45 minutes either never ending stairs, elliptical or bike, sometimes a mix.

I only have an hour lunch everyday so that is when I work out.

Olydog09

Lil-Rokslider
I call myself skinny/fat. Skinny with love handles and a gut. I used to be a machine very strong for my size and could outhike all my bigger buddies carrying the same or more weight. I was born with Alport's Syndrome which is a degenerative kidney disease. I was supposed to need a transplany by late teens. Well I made it till my early 30's. Once my kidneys went life was a different story. I went on dialysis for 3-1/2 years. Your body rejects protein when your kidneys fail and it is superhard to keep any healthy level of protein in your system. Your body bloats because you retain water. Your red blood cells disappear and you have to take epogen to try to keep healthy levels. So I lost alot of muscle, got really fat, and lost all cardio and coordination. I would be out of breath by walking up 1 flight of stairs. 4-1/2 years ago I got a transplant. My coordination and health has improved immensely but it has been a system shock going from the way I was pre kidney failure to how I am now. Old age caught up to me as well. I am in decent shape and have been getting stronger and stronger and building myself up. Now it is time to dive in and get er done. I want to get back to being able to climb what ever needs climbing. I want to lose the love handles and gut and build muscle back up.

I need to work on my diet definately. This thread has been an inspiration. I will work up a plan of diet and working out and then post it up to see what you guys think. The healthy eating could be a real tough one for me. Any recommendations on easy to cook healthy meals would be appreciated.

Currently 5'6" and 155 I would like to be 5'6" and 160-165 but lose the fat and add muscle to all areas of my body.

Last edited:
Cool thread. I'll play.

I'm 5'7". Weighed 145 at the end September bow season. 155 now, and shooting for 160 this winter. I tend to waste away to nothing during bow season and loose a lot of strength. I've been putting the weight back on pretty quickly with heavy (2-5 rep sets) deadlifts, squats (mostly low-bar), cleans and press, and eating a ton of meat. Heavy lifts right now are immediately followed by short but intense metabolic conditioning (10 minutes or less). Other cardio right now is hockey league once a week. Later this winter there will also be some snowshoeing and xc skiing.

Once spring and summer hit I start ramping up longer cardio with hiking, scouting, mountain biking and backpacking. Frequency of barbell lifts will be scaled back a bit, conditioning sessions will get longer, and I'll start focusing on eating a little cleaner. I should lean out to about 155 going back in to bow season. This seems to be the right balance for me between having the strength to pack out heavy loads and endurance to hike all day.

kamcgraw

Lil-Rokslider
Im 5'8" and weigh about 160 at the moment. My body fat % is 8.6 which Im happy with. I would like to gain around 5 lbs this offseason. My main goal is to stay injury free. I have a tendency to hurt myself thinking Im stronger than I actually am lol. My routine is going to consist of lifting 4 days a week and sticking to lighter weight and higher reps. Also I like to throw in a lot of body weight exercises like pull-ups, push-ups, and dips. My cardio will mainly be backpack style. I started doing more of that and less running last summer and really liked the results when it came time to hit the mountain.