Rokslide Weight loss/Weight gain goal thread

Bouncing between 189 & 190.5 right now, so down 36 from my peak roly-poly weight this winter. Fitness change is huge. Still doing the treadmill, 30# pack & approx. 1.5hr with around 50 min with the heart in the 140-155 & 30 min in the 120s before cooldown. Just keep walking at a 3.5mph pace & vary the angle to keep the heart rate where I want it.

miggles

FNG
I've finally decided to get serious about getting back to my goal weight! I've weighed 110 for the last 2 years. A few years ago when I was doing a ton of weight lifting I got up to 125 and I'd like to get back there. In the short term I'm shooting for 10 pounds of gain in muscle mass and I'll reevaluate how I feel once I'm there to see if I want to push on toward 125 pounds or beyond.

The plan is to work out 5 days a week with a mix of power/olympic lifting and cardio. I started using supertracker to track calories and set a goal for 2700/day. May need to adjust as I go forward. I did a couple days of "baseline" before I got started and was eating only about 1800 cal/day, so pushing up to 2700 was hard at first but I am much more used to it now and meet the goal pretty much every day.

Well, so far so good! Happy to report that I gained 5 pounds so far, up to 115! Halfway to my short term goal. One thing I have noticed is that I gained those 5 pounds in a month, but then haven't made any gains in the last 2+ weeks despite the fact that I've been doing the exact same thing. Is it normal to stagnate like this? I am thinking that I might need to up my calorie intake even more, perhaps to 3000? Has anyone else had similar experience of rapid gains and then a plateau?

hawkhunts

FNG
I'm a little late to the party, but here it goes. On January 15 I hit the gym (post shoulder mri) for the first time in 18 months. It was absolutely pathetic, the shoulder tendonitis had me weak, and months of doing next to nothing had me weighing in at 257 and 30% bodyfat. The next 6-8 weeks was a trainwreck- knee issues with swelling, lower back spasms, and just fighting through the pain of the tendonitis in my shoulder and elbow was a bitch. But I lost some pounds, and gained back a basic level of strength.
As I sit here today, I calculated it out that i've lost 24 lbs of fat and gained 9 lbs of lean muscle mass, and am down to 22% body fat. On one hand I am pretty happy with those results so far, but on the other I have been stuck at approximately the same weight for about 3 weeks now (I actually went up for the first time this week). That was a kick in the sack!
It is damn hard to balance work, home life, and getting back in shape. It damn near has to become an obsession to keep hammering away in the gym, and to eat right, especailly when the results aren't coming quickly enough. Thats why i posted this up, so i can come back and read this, and know I'm not alone.

I'm down to 185 today. So about 4 down in last 3 weeks, about 41 since m yearly Jan weight of 226.
I've had a nasty chest thing going on the last 2 weeks so no "real" exercise. A fair amount of easy walking playing disc golf with my son most days is it so I have REALLY been watching the calories. Around 1500 most days.
Feel great now but 10 more# by fall will make me a happy camper!

Miggles, I have gained rapidly & them plateaued (multiple times), but the plateau doesn't come till I get about 40# overweight :mad:

A techno-geek friend gifted me with a "Fitbit One". It has REALLY helped. Tracks # of steps & miles walked in a day, floors climbed, calories (approx.) burned, etc. Syncs with my computer & phone & I enter everything I eat during the day. It has a data base with tons of foods so it keeps track of nutr facts & calories in & compares them to my calories burned. Makes me REAL accountable.

Sitting behind the desk today but so far (12:30) 4448 steps, 1.92 miles, 11 floors climbed, 1286 calories burned, & 210 calorie eaten (6 oz lowfat greek yogurt with 1/2 cup corn flakes mixed in, one medium apple). It's lunch time but I will go easy because it's sloppy joes for dinner!:)

Last edited:

Tookeymonster

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6'3" 225 lbs, my goal is to get down to 215. I need to add more cardio to my work outs and start eating better.

I was at an all time high at the end of this winter, weighed in at 190... When I saw that, I about sh*t... Being 5'9" standing on a phone book, I couldn't beleive I let myself do that... I guess winter in AK is hard on the body, LOL.

179 this morning, would like to see 170 soon and with everything I've got going on that shouldn't be much of an issue.

I'll jump in, I started eating clean and working out in mid January. I have always been a big dude and was tired of sucking wind going uphill. My starting weight in mid January was 330. I hit the gym 4-6 days a week with both cardio and weights. As of this morning I am weighing in at 265 for a total of 65 pounds lost and feeling so much better! I don't really have a goal weight because I feel that when I hit that weight I don't want to give myself any excuse to slack off. So I am looking at it as a life change that is never ending.

SethH

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in!!! I started working out again a few months ago and dropped about 12lbs. With kids and tons of OT at work (and making excuses) my work outs suffered the last month or so. This might help me stay on it. Im 6'1" and weigh in at 240lbs. My first goal is to hit 230. Working with a high protein, low carb diet, fruit and veggie smoothy for a meal supplement ( I hate vegetables). Hitting the stair climber with the weight vest pretty hard.

SethH

Lil-Rokslider
Just finished a couple miles on the treadmill with 50lbs in the pack. Still hammering!!! How's everyone else doing???

7mag.

WKR
I'm at 215 as of yesterday morning. I was 245 at the end of March, and I was 270 February of last year. My goal is 200 or less by September.

Ill post up mine so far. I started back in Feb at 242 right now down to 215. Looking to drop 15 to 20 more. Haven't really hit the gym hard but eating clean. Prolly going to ramp up the cardio and see what happens. Everyone keep up the good work!

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04