Rokslide Weight loss/Weight gain goal thread

6t4nova

WKR
I'll join in. I'm 5'11'' 190 lbs. My goal is to be in the 175-180 range. Just moved and joined the gym again, so the workouts have began. Workout is pretty simple, just lifting weights (4x10) and doing either the stationary bike, treadmill, or stair stepper. I try and mix it up. As soon as the weather allows, I will start mountain biking again. Last year I was riding about 60-70 miles a week on it. Really helps for sure.

Rbelt280

FNG
I was 229# a few years back after getting married and lazy. Got back on the bike and brought I down to 200. Hit the weights a bit and brought it down to 185#. Then this summer I went paleo and that took me right down to 170# and gave me tons of energy. I found my diet was always holding me back. It's amazing how much better I look/feel. I'm 40 and 6'1". When they say abs are made in the kitchen, I'm a believer!

Jim

FNG
I'm late to the game, but I'll play.
I've been dieting since Dec 26, on Christmas day i stepped on a scale and I weighed 204 pounds, I am 5 ft 10 in. Since then I have turned 40 years old and as of last week I weighed 185 pounds. My goal is to 165 to 170 by the end of Sept.

SoDakBear

FNG
I'm late to the game as well. Ill join in as well. I started a little weight lose deal at the beginning of January. I started at 285.5. Today I was at 271. My goal is to get down to 205ish. If not in the 190's. Haven't seen that since middle school. I am only 21 so I do have a pretty good metabolism. My goal is to lost about 10 pounds a month so I will be at my goal weight but September. And hopefully the soon to be wife will be ok with me going on an elk hunting in Colorado.

kodiakfly

WKR
If you read my FNG post from today, I mentioned breaking my leg and now working back form that. I gained almost 60 lbs over the course of my recovery. I topped out at 285. I'm down to 265 now. I want to hit 220 and then maybe start looking beyond that. I'm 6' and have been a gym meat-head for over 20 years, so I carry a lot of muscle mass and it's hard for me to change my workouts and diet from what I "know" and get into something more conducive to fat loss and conditioning. But I am. Muscular development has now taken a back-seat (I still train for it, but not to the extent and emphasis as before) to conditioning, hiking, cardio, etc.

I haven't been under 200 in as long as I can remember, so not sure how "small" I want to, or am able to get down to. I'm still beefy at 220, but coming down from 285, it'll be a night and day transformation. Goal is 230 by April, 220 by September. I could get lower by September, but as summer hits I'm fishing every day and gym and diet do suffer some, so that last 10 lbs will take longer than this next 35.

Vids

WKR
I started my weight loss in December of 2011, I am 5' 10" and was 235 at the time. By my mountain goat hunt in September of 2012 I was 205, and by my elk hunt in 2013 I was 185. Jumped back up to 190 over the holidays, but I am working on getting it down again. I'd love to hit 175 by this fall, but I'm not sure if that's possible. It took a lot of work last summer to go from 190 to 185, and I was in great shape once October hit. I graduated high school at 170, so I figure if I can get down to maybe 180 at 38 years old that would be fantastic.

My wife and I have done a number of triathlons, up to Olympic distance. Due to that, most of my workouts are running, biking and swimming and I also throw in weight lifting once a week. I also add in more hiking with a heavy pack for a few months before season starts. Last year I did my first half marathon and this year I'm aiming for a full marathon.

G Posik

WKR
Do not have a weight goal in mind. I do not keep a tight eye on the scale. I am 10.12% body fat right now. 6' 215 lbs. I will drop some BF as spring/summer roll around. The put a little back on for hunting season back to the 10-12% range. Do not want to get over the 215 mark because that means more bulk to carry in the mountains. This time of the year I am in the base cardio and strength mode for conditioning. In a fee months the get cut and interval training comes into play.

Glenn

MesaHorseCo.

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I usually hover around 180-182. Im shooting for the 173-175 range. I know it doesn't sound like much, but having been there before, I feel like its a much better weight for me.

Schleppy

Lil-Rokslider
I'm getting in shape to go on an elk trip this fall. I weigh in at 239 and really need to get down to 180 (my Marine Corps weight). I'm 5'6" so I'm not built for speed either. I've been swimming, running, and lifting weights to get my exercise. I'm an air traffic controller and I sit in a 10x10 tower all day long at work for the last 8 years and I get zero exercise during the day. We do have a lot of steps though and I spend some time walking up and down them for exercise sometimes with my pack on. I've been trying to go elk hunting for two years now but something always comes up and I end up canceling the trip then I lose my motivation. If I cant be at or below 2 bills by sept 1st I'm not going elk hunting. A pound and a half per week or so and I've got it. My real reasoning is to be healthier but the elk hunt makes for better motivation. I did the same thing last year and made it down around 210 but then got half assed with my workout and diet.

This morning I hit 204.6! Pretty excited about that...only about ten more pounds to go for fall fighting weight!

For reference I started at around 217 in December. I'm just a shade under 6'2".

Dromsky

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats to all you guys with your fitness goals, keep a tight eye on your caloric intake and you can make it happen. I'm 53, was 225 in 2011 and with diet and exercise got back to 173 at the end of 2012. If I can do it so can you!
I use app myfitnesspal to track calories, you'll be surprised how few calories you actually need vs want.

Kevrod3

FNG
Just got the go ahead from the Dr. after having Double Inguinal Hernia surgery 6 weeks ago. Doc said I have no limitations except to take it easy on squats, and lunges for another two weeks. Was up to about 203lbs at 6'0 tall, now I'm with the last 6 weeks I've lost some major muscle mass and gain a bit of pooch. Hit some light bench and triceps extensions yesterday, and I'm getting really pumped to be in the shape I was pre Hernia surgery. Hit the road bike 2-3 days a week as I hate running.... Not that I can't run just don't care for it as much as biking. Biking seemed to really get me ready last year for the mtns. more so I think than running.

I will hit weights 2-5 times a week depending on kids sports schedules. Looking forward to some awesome gains this spring and summer!

I want to take my bench back up to the 285-300lb range(pre-surgery) and really get more explosive on my squats and leg exercises. Turning 35 in May and hope to be at 195- 200lbs and 8-10% body fat by Sept.

I will join I need to loose my dick do , 39 years old started 3 weeks ago at 260lb my goal weight is 210-200lb cut my calories in Half and no more beer and lots of cardio with a little weight training down to 248 and hitting the gym everyday ....motivation stone sheep sept 2014 and dall sheep August 2015 .

frans

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of good goals here! Keep at it guys!

My weight story is a bit different. I entered university weighing all of 116 lbs (at 5'7"). I spent two years in the gym, and hit a ceiling at a little under 140. My poor joints could not keep up with the increased weights I put on the machines, and frankly I was unwilling to eat the quantities that all the burly guys kept telling me I should.

I'm now at 133 lbs, up a bit from 127 lbs last year when I briefly jumped on a paleo-like diet. Clearly I do not need to be on a paleo diet. :) I could use some more muscle, but at age 50 putting it on would be even harder than when I was 25, and I still suffer from joints that don't allow me to pound the heavy weights.

I'm now just focussing on increasing muscle endurance and cardio, and I'll accept the body weight that it comes with, but trying to stay above 130.

Frans

robtattoo

WKR
FNG here, but this is one way to introduce myself, I guess!
Right now I'm at 253lb at a dead 6' 28% body fat. Not good, but on the upside, 2 years ago I was pushing 3 bills! I've got my first Western Wilderness elk hunt coming up this September & my goal is to be at 230 & under 20%.
I've been back on Weight Watchers for the past 3 weeks & have been going to the gym (concentrating on legs & cardio) 3 times a week for the past two weeks. So far I'm down 4lb from my starting weight & I'm hoping to average 1-1/2lb per week.
I have severe Osteoarthritis in my left ankle which seriously limits the motion, but the more weight I lose the less stress on the ankle, the better it feels.
In my present condition I know I could handle the terrain, but I don't want to spend all my time being miserable!

Congrats to all you guys with your fitness goals, keep a tight eye on your caloric intake and you can make it happen. I'm 53, was 225 in 2011 and with diet and exercise got back to 173 at the end of 2012. If I can do it so can you!
I use app myfitnesspal to track calories, you'll be surprised how few calories you actually need vs want.

I'm there with ya!
I will be 54 in April. This winter I got to a high of 225. Dieted hard & got down to 210ish & & now (last couple weeks) still dieting but hitting the treadmill HARD I'm down to 194.5 this morning. Goal is 180ish this spring. Long term goal is mid 170s
4 of last 5 days have been treadmill for approx. 1:20-1:30 min with heart rate above 130 for at least 1 hr. According to treadmill my low day was 830 calories, high day (Sat) 1080. Monday, Tue, & today were all with a pack. Monday & Tue 43#,today a light day at 30#. I assume the pack adds a few calories to the burn :) I don't add it to the weight I program in.

miggles

FNG
I've finally decided to get serious about getting back to my goal weight! I've weighed 110 for the last 2 years. A few years ago when I was doing a ton of weight lifting I got up to 125 and I'd like to get back there. In the short term I'm shooting for 10 pounds of gain in muscle mass and I'll reevaluate how I feel once I'm there to see if I want to push on toward 125 pounds or beyond.

The plan is to work out 5 days a week with a mix of power/olympic lifting and cardio. I started using supertracker to track calories and set a goal for 2700/day. May need to adjust as I go forward. I did a couple days of "baseline" before I got started and was eating only about 1800 cal/day, so pushing up to 2700 was hard at first but I am much more used to it now and meet the goal pretty much every day.

CritterGetter

Lil-Rokslider
I turned 29 last month. I'm up to 180 right now, but want to be near 160 +-5 for this coming hunting season. Just started to turn up the intensity of the workouts.

havent checked in on here for a bit, probably cus i slacked for a bit there with a vacation that wasnt kind to me.

sitting at 185.6 this AM. looking like i should be below 180 come season

cleatus

FNG
I'm 6'2" 224lbs today. 3 weeks ago I was 236lbs. My goal weight for May bear hunt is 205lbs. By September my goal is 190lbs. I have really been watching my food intake and working out pretty consistent. I work out with crittergetter and we have gone border line crazy here lately. Two a days and such. He's a real ball buster but it keeps me motivated trying to keep up with a gazelle. Insanity in the a.m. Stair climber or a horrible run in the p.m.