Rokslide 2022 Weight Loss Thread

IDShane

WKR
I am jumping on this way late but, I started at 213 in April and now I am hovering around 194-195 I am about 6ft tall. I really have not changed my eating all that much its mostly exercising every night. One night on the bike for 9-10 miles and the opposite nights sit ups, push ups, and some stabilization exercises and minor lifting. I quit drinking like 18 years ago so I am not fighting that at least. I am unsure what my final weight goal is but I still have a belly that I would like to get rid of.

Geewhiz

WKR
but I still have a belly that I would like to get rid of.
Same man, goal was 180 last year and when i got there I realised that I still had some pudge around the middle that i could stand to lose. Shooting for 180 again this year but may cruise into the 170s and see what happens.

IDShane

WKR
At some point I would like to switch from weight loss to strengthening my body and working on balance and flexibility.

Started intermittent fasting last month, down from 195 to 175. Unquestionably I have lost muscle mass, but also a lot of my pudge is going away. I’m going to drop another 10 pounds and then bulk from there to get strong again.

I’m doing more frequent, more intense, and longer cardio. I also cut alcohol, most added sugar, and have increased vegetable/fiber intake significantly.

Yoder

WKR
I started around March. I'm 48, 5'8 and was up to 215lbs. I'm down to 185. My goal is 160. I haven't done any serious dieting yet. Only trying to eat less food and limit junk food. I go to the gym about 5-6 hrs a week. I try to split the time between strength training and cardio. I started running for about two weeks and my legs were so jacked up I could hardly walk. I stopped that and started rucking. I found I get a better workout that builds muscle and isn't nearly as hard on my legs. Every time I go scouting or put out cameras I throw on my 40lb pack. I'm hoping I can start running again when I lose another 25 lbs.

The biggest thing I notice losing weight is I just feel better. I'm sore from working out, but the aches and pains I usually have are much better. I want to be able to do things when I'm older. The path I was on would have taken that away from me. My dad gained a bunch of weight and can hardly get around. He's 71. I still want to be hiking around the woods at that age.

Patexalva

FNG
This year I started at 225 (march) with the goal of 200 lbs by September. I stepped on the scale at 200.4 this morning. I have been increasing my workouts (weightlifting, cardio, sprints) and lowering my caloric intake. I'm currently in the best shape of my life, but still can be better. New goal is 195 by September 16

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
213.8 this morning. Goal is 210 by September 1. I had a good weekend of riding and running (34+ miles). One week on an animal based diet with only one drink Saturday evening. Sleep is getting better, and no soreness from the two long days of exercise.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
231.5 this morning. Did great with controlling my alcohol consumption the last 10 days even up camping with my drinking/hunting buddy this weekend. Feeling a lot more in control of myself. Should dip below 230 this week which is first step to 220 by the end of the month. Then stay the path and get below 200 by March 2023. (my 50th).

Cheers

PapaBear

FNG
Ive been as heavy as mid 340s before but i recently started from 320 with a goal of 220 by sept '23 to be ready for an elk hunt. Ive been watching what i eat and doing stationary bike cardio almost every morning. Feeling great currently under 305. I plotted a goal line and an extrapolated line in a google sheet so i am using that to track progress. I think its helpful to be able to visualize the goal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-114510_Sheets.jpg
    Screenshot_20220812-114510_Sheets.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 14

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
Finally got below the 230 mark. Just barely but still made it. 229.2. Feeling much more in control of my vices and just feeling better in general.

Only a couple weeks away from season opener!

Yoder

WKR
I just picked up a book called Engineering the Alpha. I'm going to follow their diet and exercise plan and see what happens. For the most part it looks like intermittent fasting and a lower carb diet mixed with mostly weight training. I haphazardly exercise and eat like a raccoon so having a plan to follow could be helpful. See how it goes.

SC HUNTER

FNG
My wife, 3 boys (14,9 and 6 months) and myself have been moving out of our house into a smaller house while our new one is being built. So for the past week I've ate like a trash panda and picked up heavy stuff and carried it around. I've gained about 5 pounds but back on the clean eating routine and exercising consistently. If I can lose the little belly fat I'll be good to go.

danwolf

FNG
5'7" usually am about 190-195 lbs by hunting season but sitting at 215 lbs right now. Not chasing wapiti or mule deer this fall as i done messed up and got a baby due October 10th. So will be hunting closer to home this fall on public, and have not worked out or ate as well as I normally do by now. But I'm gonna work with it.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
212.8 this morning. Been off the diet wagon lately, but continuing to log miles and get some solid exercise in. Still on track to hit 210 by September 1.

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
I am late to this thread, but I am 35 and in January of this year I was sitting at 210lbs at 6’ tall. I had a decent muscle base, but way too much extra flab in all the wrong places. Work and two kids under 6 had my focus other places than working out.

I decided that I needed to drop some weight, so I started a mix of peloton rides, yoga, weighted pack training and functional lifting. I am now sitting at 175lbs and I finally drew a NM elk tag, so I get to put my new fitness to the test in 2 weeks 👍🏻

Last edited:

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
I'm still hovering around 212-214. I haven't been training as hard or following a diet very close over the last couple weeks. I'm glad I'm figuring out how to maintain.

Today's weight: 208.6

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

j_volt

WKR
I just did a pack out with an antelope. I know it was only an antelope, but it was still easier than the past. I could feel the benefits of my summer weight loss.

CCooper

WKR
Been awhile since I checked in- weight loss has slowed way down. 208 yesterday. I felt great on a 12-day archery elk hunt a few weeks ago.