Official Montana 2022 draw thread!

Did you draw and with how many preference points?

• 0 points, successful

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • 0 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • 1 point, successful

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 1 point, unsuccessful

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • 2 points, successful

Votes: 72 31.2%
  • 2 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • 3 points, successful

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • 3 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Resident/NA

Votes: 28 12.1%

• Total voters
Hopefully someone can help me out here?

I am successful for Gen Deer combo (retained) - so I guess I got my deer tag and keeping it
I am UNsuccessful for my elk permits and Gen Combo license - I'm guessing I didn't get my gen elk license but can hunt gen deer?

If I didn't get my elk general license, why is my Elk B permits still pending?

Thanks all!

Usi05

WKR
So 2 points for combo NR tags must have been somewhere around 80% success based on comments here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f4aaf30a98e485be4b70627d9c8e95bb.jpg

Ok does this mean I successful or not successful?

bsnedeker

WKR

I am successful for Gen Deer combo (retained) - so I guess I got my deer tag and keeping it
I am UNsuccessful for my elk permits and Gen Combo license - I'm guessing I didn't get my gen elk license but can hunt gen deer?

Thanks all!

I can't help you with the first part, not sure how that happens....B tag drawings will happen in mid-June I believe. The deadline to apply is June 1 for those.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks all!

I didn't even think you could apply for general elk and general deer independently.

NR 1pp combo unsuccessful
Here's what happens.

If you are a NR and want to apply for an LE permit you must first get a general tag. So, when you are applying they ask you basically "If you are successful in drawing your general tag, but unsuccessful in drawing your LE permit, do you want to return your general tag?"

So, during the draw some of the guys who selected that option draw their General tag, but don't get their permit, so they RELEASE that general tag.

You were unsuccessful in drawing the general tag in the first pass, but after the LE permit draws were over you were selected for one of those released tags. So you were basically in two different draws at the front and the back of the process.

I REALLY wish they would just tell guys they were successful and leave all the Released nonsense off the page. It just confuses the hell out of people. There are dozens and dozens of people asking about it every year.

Edit: I realized I responded to the right guy, but the wrong post. My bad.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
One or two years I got released tags and I retained my preference points, not sure if that is why they distinguish or if they even do that anymore…. I hope not.

fatlander

WKR
I didn't even think you could apply for general elk and general deer independently.

You’re right. You can’t apply for them separately: it’s gotta be elk, deer, or combo. You can’t pick both elk and deer.

He’s looking at his preference points, everyone’s said retained for deer and released for elk this year for some weird reason leading up to the draw.

cgasner1

WKR
From my understanding if it doesn’t show you applied at all and you did they had a glitch and you did not draw a le permit

ez_willie

WKR
3 people unsuccessful with 3 PP should be impossible unless they applied with a party to bring their average down correct?