Official Montana 2022 draw thread!

Did you draw and with how many preference points?

• 0 points, successful

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • 0 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • 1 point, successful

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 1 point, unsuccessful

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • 2 points, successful

Votes: 72 31.2%
  • 2 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • 3 points, successful

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • 3 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Resident/NA

Votes: 28 12.1%

• Total voters

sneaky

"DADDY"
Why would they only be able to be in the running every 2-3 years? Once they have 3 PP's they are (currently) going to draw. As long as they apply every year they don't lose their PP's. Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
They may draw a general tag, but does not guarantee the LE permit draw. He's saying they're only realistically in play to draw an LE permit every 2 or 3 years because of that. Costs a lot of money to NOT hunt in MT at that rate. Outfitters are the only winners in the new system.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

S.Clancy

WKR
Fwp is having some issues I know 4 guys that aren’t showing they applied for elk per that pdf one is my father in law who I personally did his application for him lucky we have the paperwork showing what I applied him for so when the portal updates we may be driving up to fwp and having a conversation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My buddy and GF have same issues, both Resident

bloatmar

FNG
Need help here so it says on mine successful 2022 general elk combo (released)
Then in not successful it says 2022 general elk combo. Any insight did I get drawn i had 2 points.

Over/under on how many breaks elk permit posts there will be this week?
Won’t take you up on that one, but with the rule changes on LE areas I can’t believe so many people would even put in for a LE unless it’s a 380 tag. I hope everyone of them can fill their tags with a good bull in the Breaks!

In my results it’s not showing my mule deer draw results. Only did big game combo, is this a known issue?

BigLou

FNG
friends, sorry for the stupid question. why is it that having zero PP's is giving better odds than those who have 1 PP?

bsnedeker

WKR
friends, sorry for the stupid question. why is it that having zero PP's is giving better odds than those who have 1 PP?
Montana reserves 25% of general tags for those with 0 PPs. This is to give people a chance who don't want to have to pay into a points system.

Montana reserves 25% of general tags for those with 0 PPs. This is to give people a chance who don't want to have to pay into a points system.

I would have bought a point this year if it would have improved my odds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
Here's what happens.

If you are a NR and want to apply for an LE permit you must first get a general tag. So, when you are applying they ask you basically "If you are successful in drawing your general tag, but unsuccessful in drawing your LE permit, do you want to return your general tag?"

So, during the draw some of the guys who selected that option draw their General tag, but don't get their permit, so they RELEASE that general tag.

You were unsuccessful in drawing the general tag in the first pass, but after the LE permit draws were over you were selected for one of those released tags. So you were basically in two different draws at the front and the back of the process.

I REALLY wish they would just tell guys they were successful and leave all the Released nonsense off the page. It just confuses the hell out of people. There are dozens and dozens of people asking about it every year.

Edit: I realized I responded to the right guy, but the wrong post. My bad.

BigLou

FNG
not that I know of...I was just basing my question on the survey results in this thread.

seems to me that with the new outfitter pool concept, reserving 25% for folks with 0 pp's is not very smart. folks with only 1pp are kinda screwed this year...