Its that time of year 2023 fitness goals

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I love to see everyone bettering themselves.
Monday- 5 mile run
Tuesday- Boxing
Wednesday- Jiu Jitsu
Thursday-Boxing
Friday- Weights
Saturday- Weights
Sunday-Weights
Loose 2 dozen arrows every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to really like jiu jitsu had/have my blue belt and was getting fairly close to purple but moved to a place where there’s no jiu jitsu happening. When I move back to a real place joining a club will be one of the first things I do. I love nogi.

SwiftShot

WKR
Goals

1. Shut my mouth and stop putting food in it.
2. More hikes with loaded pack.
3. Run more in off season at bow range. Jogging between targets and shooting quick.

All this should deop me 25 to 30 and that puts me in great shape.

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
Bragging on myself for this weekend. Weight is continuing to trend down albeit a snails pace .

Everyone at work was placing orders for papa John’s and then for ice cream from one of the local cold stone type places…
My mouth was watering for a Meatlovers and a mint chocolate cone

I stood fast and chugged a protein coffee drink, followed by water and then a leftover stew of carrots, green beans , de-skinned rotisserie chicken.. everyone looked at me crazy because I used to be the first on the ordering train..

One girl I work with is a diabetic and struggling.. she was counting the carbs and stuff from the crap they ordered and one setting of junk was 264 carbs between ice cream, cinnamon knots and pizza dough… just reinforced my decision. Did a 2 mile walk this am.

Tomorrow is a 5 mile Ruck followed by an hour of Jiu jitsu and then my first official day back in the gym

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
Bragging on myself for this weekend. Weight is continuing to trend down albeit a snails pace .

Everyone at work was placing orders for papa John’s and then for ice cream from one of the local cold stone type places…

I stood fast and chugged a protein coffee drink, followed by water and then a leftover stew of carrots, green beans , de-skinned rotisserie chicken.. everyone looked at me crazy because I used to be the first on the ordering train..

One girl I work with is a diabetic and struggling.. she was counting the carbs and stuff from the crap they ordered and one setting of junk was 264 carbs between ice cream, cinnamon knots and pizza dough… just reinforced my decision. Did a 2 mile walk this am.

Tomorrow is a 5 mile Ruck followed by an hour of Jiu jitsu and then my first official day back in the gym

Great job!! Stay strong 👍🏻

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Don’t you almost feel bad for some people when you know they want to better themselves but just can’t stop stuffing their faces? I work with a guy who is obese, he’s always talking about how he wants to lose weight so he can go moose hunting but at the last meeting, I watched from across the room as he devoured 2 plates stacked with pizza I’m talking like 5-5 slices on each plate, then he crushed 3 chocolate covered doughnuts. Throughout the day he had cans of Coca-Cola in front of him and he was also eating the snacks off the table like bags of chips, and pieces of candy. Just no self control.

Nothing wrong with eating some pizza but he really over did it. And the sofas and snacks etc. no way on earth that guy has healthy blood pressure and isn’t a diabetic but it was clear he just couldn’t help himself. Not sure how to help people who have no control like that.

twall13

WKR
I've had a bit of a rough start to the year but here's my check-in after 1 month. January is usually tough with so much snow on the ground but this year has been worse than normal. Between all the snow we've been getting, coming down with COVID, and a beach vacation I'm already way behind on my goals. I'm confident I can make it up with some mountain biking in the spring and summer but COVID did affect my lungs pretty bad this go around so it's been rough the last few weeks.

Trail running miles- 60
Hiking Miles- 15
Mtn. Biking Miles- 0
Total trail miles- 75 of 1,600 goal for the year
Total elevation gain- 13,600 of 250,000 goal for the year

Still plenty of time to get back on track but I have some work to do.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damn Covid anyways- knock on wood, haven't had it (yet)

Pretty decent month - 155 miles hiking, 34 of those miles on snowshoes; got a full Wendler 5/3/1 strength cycle in (4 weeks/ twice a week)

FkSXKiV.jpg

ZuJvbxu.jpg

crB4qeY.jpg

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Run a 50 mile course. I got 50 km in 2022, so have to push for something more. 2023 is working against me though.

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly the hardest of those 3 is the 10,000 steps. Maybe I need to start off shooting for 7,500.

If you have meetings at work, you can turn one-on-ones into "walking" meetings. You'll pile up steps with those 30m blocks.

The other way to look at 10k steps is ~ one hour walk before work in the morning. Bring your work device and clean out your inbox while you're moving. You can kill two birds with one stone.

CaliWoodsman

Lil-Rokslider
If you have meetings at work, you can turn one-on-ones into "walking" meetings. You'll pile up steps with those 30m blocks.

The other way to look at 10k steps is ~ one hour walk before work in the morning. Bring your work device and clean out your inbox while you're moving. You can kill two birds with one stone.
Agreed. I take walking meetings as much as I can, but unfortunately many of them are video calls and/or require referencing material and taking notes. Regardless, I get out for at least two walks per day. I do my best thinking when I’m walking.

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
Didn’t quite make it 5 miles but did a fast 3 miles with a 10 lb pack and still kept it under 20 min /mile. Impressed as out of shape I am.

Tried wearing some of my gear I plan on using for shits and giggles. Weather today is foggy / drizzling rain and overcast with a slight wind …and mid 40’s figured you practice how you play .. so put on some Merino base layers

Sweat management for me is going to be tough but I knew that… looks like I went swimming in my merino shirt. Going to try some of the German night club aclima layers under Merino on Friday

EC03F489-40D9-4352-8E32-7648A545C286.jpeg74628352-D3AA-449C-96EF-46822CFE5105.jpeg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Didn’t quite make it 5 miles but did a fast 3 miles with a 10 lb pack and still kept it under 20 min /mile. Impressed as out of shape I am.

Tried wearing some of my gear I plan on using for shits and giggles. Weather today is foggy / drizzling rain and overcast with a slight wind …and mid 40’s figured you practice how you play .. so put on some Merino base layers

Sweat management for me is going to be tough but I knew that… looks like I went swimming in my merino shirt. Going to try some of the German night club aclima layers under Merino on Friday

View attachment 510214View attachment 510215
I sweat like a whore in church too.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
January was a decent month for me. 12X miles, but fell short on the vert. February started off rough with some personal issues, but getting back into it now. Should be able to make up the extra vert this month and keep the miles on track.

Training has been going well. Getting most of my planned lifting in and the mobility work is coming along. Also keeping the shooting going. On average I'm at 50 arrows/day this year. Only missed one day of shooting so far.

As always try to improve my cardio especially since I have not been running nearly as much. For a fun goal, I am going to try to get back to squatting over 400 pounds for reps again.

mfsights257

Lil-Rokslider
!,000 Miles of hiking, Elliptical, walking, treadmill, lose 60+ pounds, Only drink on weekends, enjoy life more!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Goal was to get 12 consecutive months with over 400k steps every month done 🤙knee replacement in 10 weeks looking forward to it…diligence is my motto…the thing about fitness it is you alone against yourself 🤙

Attachments

• 88892326-2CC8-4DA5-8AF5-AE23D138C6B5.png
    88892326-2CC8-4DA5-8AF5-AE23D138C6B5.png
    284.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 79DBCEB5-49B5-48D8-8D34-98357AC70BD7.png
    79DBCEB5-49B5-48D8-8D34-98357AC70BD7.png
    167.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 67EC738C-E3F2-456B-A1D8-B9D28253E7A8.png
    67EC738C-E3F2-456B-A1D8-B9D28253E7A8.png
    163.6 KB · Views: 20
  • F1A593CE-1EDF-421D-87D2-BA3E9D020055.png
    F1A593CE-1EDF-421D-87D2-BA3E9D020055.png