Its that time of year 2023 fitness goals

DuckDogDr

WKR
Going to kick start this thread.
I admittedly completely failed all of 2022 goals and even went so far as to give myself a worse starting position in 2023

2023 is different from the get go. Starting the year off with a less demanding work schedule and in return I plan on filling with gym time

Already eating better .. started that trend last week.
In short run plan to get started back with Jiu jitsu and have a kettlebell work out designed around focused exercises

Immediate short term goal is to trim enough fat (not necessarily weight) to get back in my semi dry wetsuit to go dive with my Redheaded step child in March in the Pacific Northwest and loose enough inches to fit back in my jeans comfortably

Long term I want / need to loose a total of 80lbs

Currently 5’8 and 266.7 on the scales at work.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Hit my goals in 2022, but spent a lot more time training to hit them than what I wanted. We're also trying to have our first kid in 2023, so I'm adjusting goals for this year. Goals:

1,000 Miles
100,000ft Vert
50% of days either lifting or doing mobility work. This should be a 4 day 5/3/1 split and 2 days of mobility work.
7300 arrows works out to about 20 arrows/day.
Really want to see 200lbs on the scale this year. Came close at 207, but then the holidays did me in. Current weight: 213.6. Definitely do-able. Just need another 60 days of consistent eating.

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
Hit my goals in 2022, but spent a lot more time training to hit them than what I wanted. We're also trying to have our first kid in 2023, so I'm adjusting goals for this year. Goals:

1,000 Miles
100,000ft Vert
50% of days either lifting or doing mobility work. This should be a 4 day 5/3/1 split and 2 days of mobility work.
7300 arrows works out to about 20 arrows/day.
Really want to see 200lbs on the scale this year. Came close at 207, but then the holidays did me in. Current weight: 213.6. Definitely do-able. Just need another 60 days of consistent eating.
What kind of bow do you have

MTbiggame

FNG
I normally work out 5 days a week, mostly weight training. I would like to improve my diet this year to hopefully add a little more mass and strength for long hunting trips.

03mossy

WKR
In 2022 I was on a roll! Best shape I had been in 15 years. Was down 45 lbs (282-237) and feeling great. Blew my back out end of June and had spinal fusion surgery 9-28. PT is going well and I did my first Elliptical workout today since June. There was some pain but I did 20 mins and it felt awesome to work up a sweat again!

Goals are get down to 220 (currently at 250)
Workout 240 days this year. That’s 20 per month.
Have my back healed and strong enough to go chase some Elk this fall.

TheGDog

WKR
I gotta be better about offsetting all this sit time for work with gym sessions and other extra-cirriculars.

That coupled with my old lumbar injuries which became exacerbated and re-jacked-up by Covid in 2020 (all the inflammation of the 104 F fever, and the copius coughing really did a number on it during the 2 solid months when it was mercilessly attacking my lungs) and the subsequent rush to re-start exercising after finally feeling a lil better and this one isometric machine, which is kinda like a military press, sorta... it's got a stiff ratio so I could only do like 5-7 reps. That day on the 5th rep... that audible "rip" sound we all know and love and nothings been the same since.

Also I need to get my symmetry back on my left arm. After the plate+pins, I can't go as high in weight on that side with dumbbell curls because I start to feel it in the plate and I ain't about to tempt fate again. *May* schedule to have them yank the plate and screws at some point, perhaps end of spring. Depends on if life surprises me with other unexpected expenses or not.

Got my son a gym membership so gonna start mentoring him on lifting so he can get a lil more beefed up for water polo. Looking forward to the father-son time!

Gotta get my leg-lifts game back on track. With this lumbar issues I can't do sit-ups off the ground or a bench. It re-exacerbates all that area, no bueno.

Gotta kinda do a cautious approach thing. Been doing the steroid epidural injections on the pain mgmt office. She recently started me on Lyrica as well. Which kinda works on calming the firing of those nerves, supposed to help with the effects of the sciatica pain.

And doing crap-tons of all the various stretches for lower back.

Also kinda want to bring out my Freeride Downhill rig blow the dust off it, have a shop go thru the hydros and slap on some new tires and maybe start trying to take my boy on MtnBike rides to get him used to building up his nerve in terms of his riding skills. Plus I damn well know some of the rides would for sure help build him up for water polo. Mustard Road in Whiting Ranch comes to mind.

Major goal is to get to 165 lbs from 177lbs currently. Easy to do with proper eating but sweets are my kryptonite and my wife loves baking.
Other goals would go to maintain an exercise schedule that contains some basic body workouts and hiking and sprints 3-4 times per week.

CaliWoodsman

Lil-Rokslider
34 y/o with a very sedentary desk job.

Still working on refining my goals, but they’ll be something along the lines of:
- Strength training 3x per week
- 10,000 steps per day
- X minutes per week with heart rate above X (still working on figuring this one out)

Honestly the hardest of those 3 is the 10,000 steps. Maybe I need to start off shooting for 7,500.

twall13

WKR
I ended up just a bit short of my 2022 goals but they were attainable so I'm going to keep those same goals for 2023.

1,600 trail miles (Trail Running, Hiking, Mtn. Biking)
250,000 ft. of elevation gain

I got in a great snowshoeing hike this morning to kick things off. I have a good feeling about this year.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Rick

FNG
I didn't set any new goals last year. 5'8" / 180 and in decent shape. I CrossFit 5 days a week plus a recovery style yoga once a week.

New short-term goal for the year is getting double unders to where I can do unbroken sets of 40-50. Still haven't got a muscle up. Maybe this year.

No chewing (Zyns fine), chewing is causing some health issues for me and I’m only 28.
No beer until May
Average 70 flights of stairs a day for 2023
Average 13500 steps a day.

DiabeticKripple

Lil-Rokslider
Getting married this year, so losing 30lbs is on my goals.

I started back in November and I'm down 10lbs. Just cleaner eating, eating more often and less at each meal. Trying to cut out sugar as much as I can. Switched to diet pop instead of the regular. Need to cut the beer down on my days off from work.

Going to get a gym membership once I get home and start getting after it. I plan on doing an archery elk hunt in a hilly unit that kicked my ass last year, so getting in shape is also a goal, not just losing the weight.

Currently 6' 2" 220-225lbs. I want to get to 200lbs before the wedding in August.

S.Clancy

WKR
1. Continue building cardio base
2. 100K Vertical Ascended for the Year
3. Front Squat 315
4. Maintain other lifts
5. Maintain BW ~187-190 lbs @ 6'1"

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm UPPING my goals............ by one mile :D 2023 for the year, as I age the goals should be going down, not up every year- oh well.

Want to keep hitting Wendler 5/3/1 twice a week (except hunting season!)

Have a Dall hunt in August, so my weighted pack training will be beginning a lot earlier than normal.

Plan on toeing the line again for the bob Marshall Wilderness Open- will be seven years (Good willing)

Good luck everyone in the upcoming year