Gunwerks 6ix+, AB Raptor Eight Stack, CGS Hyperion K, Thunder Beast Dominus

ElPollo

WKR
I think the bore on each can is specific to the caliber ordered. I have the 6 Stack with a 5" reflex on my 300 WSM, and the bore on the blast baffle measures approximately .334"

Catalog_2022-CNTRFR.jpg
I did not have anything to measure the baffles on my 8-stack, but a loaded 357 magnum case (0.379”) will not quite fit in the hole in the baffle. The bullet fits, but it hangs up on the case. These Raptors have replaceable end caps that allow up for larger bores.

ElPollo

WKR
This is correct unfortunately. To obtain multiple reflexes now you'd need to get multiple cans, which sucks
This was my experience as well. I don’t see a real need for a longer reflex than what I have, but you do need to pay attention to your barrel diameter. I have the sporter weight reflex, which only allows for barrels up to 0.75” diameter. If you have a varmint gun or a carbon barrel, you need the bull barrel reflex which allows for barrels up to 1” diameter. If you are going to use both, you’ll need to get a bull barrel reflex or buy another suppressor.

I think AB is way underrated. Their cans are awesome, they do get a bit heavy with the longer reflex but damn are they so quiet, especially with the reflex. I have the 4, 6, 8 and 10 stack and I tell my friends that it's very hard to beat the 8 stack, there's a reason it's their most popular. The 10 stack isn't much better in my anecdotal opinion
How do you feel the 4 stack would do on my 22” 6.5 prc ? I have 14-15 silencers now including the original harvester , harvester evo , Hyperion K and I find myself wanting to go shorter and shorter .

ElPollo

WKR
How do you feel the 4 stack would do on my 22” 6.5 prc ? I have 14-15 silencers now including the original harvester , harvester evo , Hyperion K and I find myself wanting to go shorter and shorter .
Shorter cans are louder and kick more. There is no way around the physics limitations. For me that defeats the purpose of using them. I tend to go with shorter barrels instead.

Im not sure yet my 4 stack is fairly new still. I will be testing it out on my 6.5 PRC in a week or so once my alaskan 360 TI shows up. The 6 stack is great on my 6.5 PRC tho, I feel like the 6 might be the ideal raptor size for a PRC but we'll see

NateTP38

Lil-Rokslider
779d06994dd229e9910def4445604ccd.jpg

Going to do a few anecdotal tests with these suppressors. These are the suppressors I have, don’t want to hear about the ones I don’t have. The rifle used for the test is a 6CM with a 22” barrel.

The first one being sound. We are not pewscience.com if you haven’t check them out you should. We are more bro science which can be very relevant in certain situations. So for this test I had a shooter placed 10 yards in front of us. The shooter fired two shot with each suppressor. We had him repeat the process. The three listeners wrote down which can they though was quietest from 1 to 4. The top two suppressors were very close so we had him shoot them again. The interesting part was all three “judges” scored it the same way. I would add that they are all very close and I would use all of them hunting. They are all very well built and should give you a lifetime to shooting pleasure.

207fa3f70f53e760528cfcbcb43b0151.jpg

The Gunwerks 6ix+ was the loudest but also the lightest suppressor.

4ee442d1168c0e40cf8d7c9a4c75a18d.jpg

The Thunderbeast Dominus took third which did surprise me because of its weight and girth.

cdaab56010cd8151b83429f93baad1a9.jpg

The CGS Hyperion K took second but it was VERY close.

543b9b8e2d1b6487973d374806ca9608.jpg

The AB Raptor eight stack took the top spot. The FRP from this suppressor is impressive.

To be continued with POI shift and accuracy.
To clarify, this was just the Raptor by itself, right? No Reflex?

280rem

FNG
It’s is a 5/8x24, but it is a tapered configuration. It is recommended that if your barrel isn’t of that configuration that you run the adapter to properly seat it, I believe you don’t have to but it’s recommended. Since I was already using an adapter on a very thin barrel to get up to 5/8x24 figured I better run their adapter as well on the configuration. It’s a detail that if I had know before the purchase I would have went a different route, since the recommended adapter kicks the weight up a fair amount over what you “think” it will be. Just trying to be helpful and not out to bash any product here.
I looked at a hyperion K yesterday and it appeared to be DT 5/8-24. What adapter BS did you encounter? Thank you.

Deciding on a second suppressor is WAY harder than the first!! That was easy when I didn't have a baseline of my own....

mt100gr.

WKR
It’s is a 5/8x24, but it is a tapered configuration. It is recommended that if your barrel isn’t of that configuration that you run the adapter to properly seat it, I believe you don’t have to but it’s recommended. Since I was already using an adapter on a very thin barrel to get up to 5/8x24 figured I better run their adapter as well on the configuration. It’s a detail that if I had know before the purchase I would have went a different route, since the recommended adapter kicks the weight up a fair amount over what you “think” it will be. Just trying to be helpful and not out to bash any product here.

I appreciate that. I did notice the deep tapered mount on the can. I suppose with enough shoulder and a long enough threaded barrel, a guy could DT it, but I'd be in the same boat as you for the rifles I'd want to use it on. Bummer.

BjornF16

WKR
Another AB question:

Is there a POI shift between direct thread and reflex mount?

I can see the utility of extended Range session with reflex and going direct thread in the backcountry

TheHammer

WKR
Thanks Ryan for doing this, surprised the ultra7 wasn’t more favorable… If someone is doing an in-depth review in the future. I have a Mac tools smart ear I can borrow them, which is compatible with older i-phones. It would allow you to measure and graph decibels and sound wave frequencies.

To the guys discussing the omega 300 weight. I weighed mine yesterday with the ti end cap and dt insert*, on my scale it came in just under 13oz.

Last edited:

BjornF16

WKR
Ryan, Form

Any issue mounting the Hyperion K on standard 5/8-24 threads? Their manual mentions may need an adapter.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ryan, Form

Any issue mounting the Hyperion K on standard 5/8-24 threads? Their manual mentions may need an adapter.
No, it has a screw on adapter just like the AB only it’s an outty instead of an inny.

Ryan, Form

Cgs makes a taper adapter but I’ve never used it on my bolt actions, even my tikka that doesn’t have much of a shoulder has no issues with the Hyperion K . I did get one for my 12.5” 6.5 Grendel ar15 just incase the taper didn’t engage the 90 degree barrel shoulder enough to keep the silencer from backing off under long strings of fire .