Gunwerks 6ix+, AB Raptor Eight Stack, CGS Hyperion K, Thunder Beast Dominus

Rugged alaskan 360 TI was finally delivered today, I'll get out and shoot sometime this week..

Weighs 6.5oz with direct thread mount. From what I can tell it just has 4 unevenly spaced baffles, so idk how quiet it'll be but my hopes are not crazy high 😅

Attachments

• 20230227_162504.jpg
    20230227_162504.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 104

Tahoe1305

WKR
Rugged alaskan 360 TI was finally delivered today, I'll get out and shoot sometime this week..

Weighs 6.5oz with direct thread mount. From what I can tell it just has 4 unevenly spaced baffles, so idk how quiet it'll be but my hopes are not crazy high 😅
Can you confirm total length (not length added) is 6.9”. Hoping it’s a tad shorter than advertised too. That DT adapter doesn’t look like .3”

Can you confirm total length (not length added) is 6.9”. Hoping it’s a tad shorter than advertised too. That DT adapter doesn’t look like .3”
It's 6 13/16" long with the DT adapter. Endcap is removable and the manual says it's compatible with the other rugged endcaps too

Tahoe1305

WKR
It's 6 13/16" long with the DT adapter. Endcap is removable and the manual says it's compatible with the other rugged endcaps too
That’s good. So like weight a tad in between with/without at ~6.8”. Getting better and better. Now just to confirm it sounds awesome and I’m all in!

Ok so I finally got out and put some rounds through each suppressor today, mostly shot a 24" 6.5 prc with factory 147gr hornady and but also sent a few of my handloads through my 20" 300 prc as well. Im gonna go out again and test them with the 300 prc more after I load up some more rounds. No reflexes on the AB cans today, direct thread only. First 3 were a close call, had to shoot them all multiple times. Same with the bottom 2. All are perfectly usable and would be fine for at least a few shots in a big magnum, but the top 3 are worth the few extra oz in my opinion. I'd have a hard time justifying paying for the rugged alaskan again with how loud it is for the price, even tho it's stupid light. Had my wife stand about 10 yards in front and off to the side while I shot, then we switched. This is what we thought the results were but some were a close call. Dead air nomad vs raptor 8 was almost too close to call.

From quietest to loudest on both the 300 and 6.5:

1: AB raptor 10 stack
2: Dead air nomad TI
3: AB raptor 8 stack
4: AB raptor 6 stack
5: Rugged alaskan 360 TI
6: AB raptor 4 stack

Attachments

• 20230305_144955.jpg
    20230305_144955.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 20230305_145026.jpg
    20230305_145026.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 158

Tahoe1305

WKR
Thanks brother, that’s helpful. Sooo depressed now though. I think I need another hobby ;)

Last edited:
Ok so I finally got out and put some rounds through each suppressor today, mostly shot a 24" 6.5 prc with factory 147gr hornady and but also sent a few of my handloads through my 20" 300 prc as well. Im gonna go out again and test them with the 300 prc more after I load up some more rounds. No reflexes on the AB cans today, direct thread only. First 3 were a close call, had to shoot them all multiple times. Same with the bottom 2. All are perfectly usable and would be fine for at least a few shots in a big magnum, but the top 3 are worth the few extra oz in my opinion. I'd have a hard time justifying paying for the rugged alaskan again with how loud it is for the price, even tho it's stupid light. Had my wife stand about 10 yards in front and off to the side while I shot, then we switched. This is what we thought the results were but some were a close call. Dead air nomad vs raptor 8 was almost too close to call.

From quietest to loudest on both the 300 and 6.5:

1: AB raptor 10 stack
2: Dead air nomad TI
3: AB raptor 8 stack
4: AB raptor 6 stack
5: Rugged alaskan 360 TI
6: AB raptor 4 stack
That's about what I'd expect, there's no replacement for internal volume.

Tahoe1305

WKR
That's about what I'd expect, there's no replacement for internal volume.
Almost agree. That holds true with exception of the Alaskan that has a larger volume compared to those it “sounds” like.

It should have closer volume to the nomad Ti (it is just shy) and more volume than all the raptors w/o reflex.

Curious if the smaller end cap will help. Guessing minimally. For my needs I need that Alaskan to sound as good as an omega/ultra 7 (or close to as good as the Nomad Ti) to be worth the $1400 price tag. The weight savings would be awesome.

Last edited:
Almost agree. That holds true with exception of the Alaskan that has a larger volume compared to those it “sounds” like.

It should have closer volume to the nomad Ti (it is just shy) and more volume than all the raptors w/o reflex.

Curious if the smaller end cap will help. Guessing minimally. For my needs I need that Alaskan to sound as good as an omega/ultra 7 (or close to as good as the Nomad Ti) to be worth the $1400 price tag. The weight savings would be awesome.
I ordered a 30 cal end cap for the alaskan, but there's only 4 baffles so Im not expecting a huge improvement. We'll see

Tahoe1305

WKR
I ordered a 30 cal end cap for the alaskan, but there's only 4 baffles so Im not expecting a huge improvement. We'll see
Then that Enticer STi is looking sweeter and sweeter.

Fwiw by buddy checked his out at the FFL this weekend. Came in at 8.6oz and 6.7”. Both less than advertised spec. Pretty impressed.

Last edited:

Wingnut

FNG
I’d love to see a comparison of the raptor 8 and 10 with the Deadair Nomad LTi. Sounds like the LTi was discontinued? Not sure if there is a new model to replace it. I got to listen to the raptors and ultimately ordered a 10 stack but always wondered how it would sound next to the nomad. Any guesses out there? Thanks for all the homework being done!

Tahoe1305

WKR
Just speculating based on what @Cameron.25 wrote above in regards to Nomad-Ti and Raptor 10 being very close. I’d have to assume an extra 1.5” of length in the Nomad LTi would fairly easily smoke it.

Pew science and tbac testing has the LTi a good amount quieter than the Ti.

Wingnut

FNG
Just speculating based on what @Cameron.25 wrote above in regards to Nomad-Ti and Raptor 10 being very close. I’d have to assume an extra 1.5” of length in the Nomad LTi would fairly easily smoke it.

Throw on the reflex mount on the raptor to counter the 1.5” added length of the LTi and then what happens? Wide range of opinions out there on whether or not the reflex helps much or it’s just a tone improvement but that’s why I’d like to see the head to head.

No the nomad was very close to the raptor 8, the raptor 10 was definitely the quietest can in our opinion. I'd love to try that nomad LTI too tho. I'll bring the reflexes out next time too

Beaverdog

FNG
i sent an email to ab suppressors asking them about how they conducted their db ratings test and if they would consider sending one of their cans to pewscience to compare them to other leading industry cans. i received back a rather standoffish response saying there was zero chance because pewscience is not recognized by the industry for so many reasons (then why does so many leading industry companys send their cans to them for testing?) then they addressed it to jay or jays friend. im not affiliated with pewscience in any way. coming from the form 1 world ive followed suppressor advancement for quite a while and theyve came a long ways in the last three years. the raptor is just radial baffles with a bunch of internal volume, does it work... yes. is there better newer technology out there... yes. the reflex helps but im looking for a lightweight hunting suppressor so i would opt out of the reflex anyways. id give my money to diligent defense, otter creek labs, resilient any day. pretty much more bang for your buck coming from one of the smaller good ol form 1 boys companys

Last edited: