Fleeing Californians and Property Values

You don't rent to people that do not have stable jobs, the only people out of work right now for the most part are hospitality workers. Besides, the lease ends at some point anyway, eviction orders do not prevent a landlord from not renewing a lease.
You are mistaken with this. Owners have lost all their rights.

You don't rent to people that do not have stable jobs, the only people out of work right now for the most part are hospitality workers. Besides, the lease ends at some point anyway, eviction orders do not prevent a landlord from not renewing a lease.

You are making it sound pretty easy. Equal housing has made it a fair amount more difficult, however as long as you don't openly advertise you can still be pretty picky.

It was taking 7-8 months here to get evictions. That's a lot of lost income. Then you can almost guarantee damages when you evict.

def90

WKR
You are mistaken with this. Owners have lost all their rights.

No they haven't.

You can pick who you rent to as long as your reason for not renting to them is because of their race. And the current eviction orders do not protect a renter from when their lease runs out.

I know plenty of people here in Denver that have rental properties and none of them have tenants that are not paying rent nor have any of them ever had deadbeat tenants that ever damaged their property. It's called doing background checks and appropriately pricing your rental so that you are not getting 3 20 year old guys that work at a restaurant and deal drugs on the side. Also, if you have a shitty property you are going to attract shitty tenants. Keep your property in top shape and you will get top shape renters.

I work commercial construction building multi family buildings (aka apartments) and have talked to several of the property management companies here and none of them are seeing a spike in people not paying rent either.

No they haven't.

You can pick who you rent to as long as your reason for not renting to them is because of their race. And the current eviction orders do not protect a renter from when their lease runs out.
You are mistaken. I have 2 rentals and am not going to argue law in my state with you. A no eviction order means just that, Look it up. It is not a good investment to be a landlord in these times. Unless you can absorb months of non payment of rent.

def90

WKR
You are mistaken. I have 2 rentals and am not going to argue law in my state with you. A no eviction order means just that, Look it up. It is not a good investment to be a landlord in these times. Unless you can absorb months of non payment of rent.

A lease running out is not an eviction.

I am not calling it right or logical. The owner of property has lost all rights and is responsible for all burden.

But Oregons gov is calling a special session. Plan is to pass a 150 mil dollar bill to help owners. How far do you think that will go with all the freeloaders not paying rent with the gov approval?

Drop in the bucket to what is owed.

def90

WKR
Not renewing an expired lease is not an eviction. You can read any of these eviction orders and no where does it state that as a landlord you are required to renew and expired lease.

Not renewing an expired lease is not an eviction. You can read any of these eviction orders and no where does it state that as a landlord you are required to renew and expired lease.
I'm hear to tell you if they are in the building and don't want to pay or leave your sol.
With inventory so low you may not renew and they may not want to leave or cannot find a place.
The only way to get people out that don't want to is old school cartel connect ways.

Go for it. Let me know how that works for you. It will not be good.

Logic has no place and the scum has all the rights.

Do not have to renew a lease but cant get them out either and all your paper work is tp.

def90

WKR
Once again you are mistaken. No eviction means just that in my state.
The Oregon eviction moratorium only applies to cases where tenants cannot pay the rent, it does not apply to any other evictions. Here is the text straight from the Oregon eviction moratorium page:

"What about evictions for causes other than non-payment of rent?
The moratorium applies to terminations related to non-payment of rent or most terminations without cause under ORS 90.427. It does not apply to evictions for any other lawful purpose.

For more details about terminations without a tenant-based cause, see the next question.
"

And once again, not renewing a lease in which there is zero obligation for a landlord to renew a lease is not an eviction.

def90

WKR
Go for it. Let me know how that works for you. It will not be good.

Logic has no place and the scum has all the rights.

Do not have to renew a lease but cant get them out either and all your paper work is tp.

I plan on it! I'll let you know when my house has been paid off by someone else. ;)

You can state rules or laws all you want.

I`m here to tell you they dont have to leave or pay rent. As a owner you cannot get them out and when they leave it is big money to fix the place.

I get it. I was just trying to help. Dive in yourself. Hope it does not cost you your house.

4ester

WKR
Very good point on more people. In 20 years, US population went from approx 280,000,000 to 330,000,000, about 18% more people. https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/us-population/

Good thing in the lower graph on that page is that the rate of growth is decreasing. Check out Europe's population on the same link and see why they're almost encouraging immigration - not enough people to support a country at some point.

Tons of factors in all this and I pick the ones that match my ideology - not always wise when I try to claim some sense of objectivity. Your point about "cost of running a city grows" has many factors, too. A huge one is the unfunded, ridiculous, seemingly corrupt pensions. Citizens will, at some point, have to foot the bill. If I saw that in my future I'd move out, too. Those cities/states are looking for a Federal bailout which I hope never happens and, if it does, requires the city to fix their systems.

It’s harsh but what happens in nature when a species gets overpopulated? Disease usually takes care of it........I think that’s where we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterk123

WKR
You can state rules or laws all you want.

I`m here to tell you they dont have to leave or pay rent. As a owner you cannot get them out and when they leave it is big money to fix the place.

I get it. I was just trying to help. Dive in yourself. Hope it does not cost you your house.
@Elkdreamer is right. It is a quickly changing environment out there. Some states are worse than others, but with a new administration coming in on the federal level, I would be very much aware of their sweeping intentions. In Massachusetts the eviction moratorium was extended. It can be a killer for landlords. For some reason, the landlord does not get a moratorium on real estate taxes; go figure.

Know what you are getting into because things are changing. I have been in commercial real estate for over twenty years. This includes brokerage and property management. I am very nervous about government intervention. Residential landlords are an obvious target if you sit back and think about it for a moment. Research the Great Reset. Government housing is in our future if Biden/Harris have their way. And the most direct line is to tank the residential property owners.

MTGunner

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting in fact as property values seem to be holding or rising all over the Midwest, Rocky Mountain front and south. I had my property on the market, Missouri Breaks in Montana, for some time. Had some tire kickers and one couple, not sure of sexual preference, interested. Too far out for some as this is in the Musselshell Valley with a 1000’ of River frontage. Took property off the market and will mow the entire 20 acres in the late spring, early summer. This will allow grasses and under growth to grow for the deer, elk, pheasants and more. Then, perhaps then, will consider putting back on the market. Who knows? Some hunter may want a remote retreat?