Favorite Bourbon Opinions

Tag_Soup

WKR
Under $30 - Eagle rare

$30-$45 - buffalo trace single barrel, michter’s small batch

$45-$60 - Blanton’s single barrel (my overall favorite for the money)

$60+ - stagg JR, stagg sr. (George T Stagg), whistle pig single barrel

Also really been enjoying Hibiki Japanese harmony for whisky as well as Lagavulin 16 and Oban little bay for single malt scotch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I squeezed the last drop out of a bottle of WT101 tonight. Reached into the back of the cabinet and pulled this out. It was left in this house when I bought it 15 years ago. I've only had a sip or two of it over the years and never really cared for it, but it seems to be better tonight...

Not as smooth as 101...

IMG-7109.JPG

Bobbyboe

WKR
Fairly new to bourbon’s, but am quickly getting addicted to the challenge of finding certain ones. In WI it seems all but impossible to find many of the bourbons people suggested here.

Yesterday I found a bottle of Hudson Bay baby bourbon, which I immediately cracked open. Initial impression is that I’m impressed. Smooth and dangerously easy to drink. I like it a lot. I also recently picked up a bottle of whistle pig piggyback rye, which also is very nice.

Today I stopped at a store which has some higher end stuff. They had some Weller for sampling, but not retail sales. No blantons either. After sweettalking an employee, they pulled the last bottle of eagle rare, which was hidden behind the counter and handed it to me! Jackpot! I also got a 1.75 of Buffalo Trace, which I’ve never seen in the area.

Where are you guys getting weller and blantons? Seems like its non existent in Wisconsin.

My current collection consists of bulleit, knob creek 10 year, Hudson Bay baby bourbon, eagle rare, buffalo trace and whistle pig piggyback.

I’m done collecting for now unless I find weller or blantons.

Scottyboy

WKR
Fairly new to bourbon’s, but am quickly getting addicted to the challenge of finding certain ones. In WI it seems all but impossible to find many of the bourbons people suggested here.

Yesterday I found a bottle of Hudson Bay baby bourbon, which I immediately cracked open. Initial impression is that I’m impressed. Smooth and dangerously easy to drink. I like it a lot. I also recently picked up a bottle of whistle pig piggyback rye, which also is very nice.

Today I stopped at a store which has some higher end stuff. They had some Weller for sampling, but not retail sales. No blantons either. After sweettalking an employee, they pulled the last bottle of eagle rare, which was hidden behind the counter and handed it to me! Jackpot! I also got a 1.75 of Buffalo Trace, which I’ve never seen in the area.

Where are you guys getting weller and blantons? Seems like its non existent in Wisconsin.

My current collection consists of bulleit, knob creek 10 year, Hudson Bay baby bourbon, eagle rare, buffalo trace and whistle pig piggyback.

I’m done collecting for now unless I find weller or blantons.

where in WI are you? I have found a number of “good” bottles on the western side of the state. If you are anywhere near MN I can give you some places to go

Bobbyboe

WKR
where in WI are you? I have found a number of “good” bottles on the western side of the state. If you are anywhere near MN I can give you some places to go

SE WI. Maybe it’s just too populated and we have a high demand in the area. I’ve seen some of the mentioned bourbons in the area, widow Jane, larceny, angel envy, and a lot of the small batch and single barrels. Higher end wild turkey’s and such. Just none of the high demand mid price names.

I’ve been tempted to pick up some Jefferson’s ocean, which I’ve seen in several places.

Scottyboy

WKR
SE WI. Maybe it’s just too populated and we have a high demand in the area. I’ve seen some of the mentioned bourbons in the area, widow Jane, larceny, angel envy, and a lot of the small batch and single barrels. Higher end wild turkey’s and such. Just none of the high demand mid price names.

I’ve been tempted to pick up some Jefferson’s ocean, which I’ve seen in several places.

i will say buy what you like and not what others think you like.

sure,a WLW will blow your socks off...but in all reality you won’t get one. Spend your money in wild turkey 101, Russell’s store picks, the occasional four roses picks etc. there are far too many good, every day, bottles to grab without worrying about BTAC or any other allocates botttle that is over hyped.

also don’t look past BIB bottles like JW Dant, an absolute steal for $20. Fighting cock is another good one around $15

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
i will say buy what you like and not what others think you like.

sure,a WLW will blow your socks off...but in all reality you won’t get one. Spend your money in wild turkey 101, Russell’s store picks, the occasional four roses picks etc. there are far too many good, every day, bottles to grab without worrying about BTAC or any other allocates botttle that is over hyped.

also don’t look past BIB bottles like JW Dant, an absolute steal for $20. Fighting cock is another good one around $15
Yup. Allocated bottles are great when/if you ever have the opportunity to buy them. But there are lots of great budget options out there if you know what you're looking for, and know what your palate likes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
16 year Black male Hill is excellent. Marker mark private select is good for the money. If you can track it down Kings County straight Bourbon is fantastic

Mlank

FNG
So many great options already mentioned, I still need to go back a comb through them though.

CHEAP - I bought a $12 Evan Williams to see if it would “work”. Mixed and doctored up, sure. Straight on the rocks, not my favorite, but not horrible.

$30 ish - most recently, Elijah Craig SmallBatch

acesand8s

Lil-Rokslider
Col.taylor, willet, and Blanton's. Then for everyday drinking I like makers.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
Some friends attended a bottling at a small batch distillery here in Indiana. 30 gallon barrels, aged 4 years. About the equivalent of 7 year 55 gallon barrel. They snagged two bottles for me for $25 a bottle.

Very good. Old 55 Distillery in Attica, IN.

Jeremy